2023 TEAM RUMORS

Primoz
10/3/2022 10:19am
Many people don't care about how a bike rides, the only thing that matters is what it looks like and, more importantly, which brandname is plastered over the downtube.
brash
10/3/2022 2:04pm
Jude_Hall wrote:
I’m calling it right now: Jack Moir to Pivot
FullSend wrote:
He's going to YT.

A german magazin wrote that apparently one of YT's media personel essentially confirmed it while talking to them.
3971 wrote:
Wonder if YT will get SRAM for Moi Moi
If he did move, there would be 3 dot points to that contract I'm sure.

- SRAM/Rockshox components
- Maxxis Tyres
- As much stem spacers as I want!
Pedal4life
10/3/2022 2:30pm
I truly hope Jack goes to Pivot!
DNE87
10/3/2022 2:55pm
Pedal4life wrote:
I truly hope Jack goes to Pivot!
You can hope, but, he's not.
10/3/2022 2:57pm
I may have too much time on my hands, and I may like looking too far into things, but the only post on RideWrap's instagram that Jesse liked in the last two months (as per my haphazard checking) was one with Trek's Fuel EX-e...

It's been a slow day
Verbl Kint
10/3/2022 6:02pm
Primoz wrote:
Stefani?
She just turned 53 years old today. 53! Where did the time go?

10/3/2022 7:43pm
Primoz wrote:
Stefani?
Verbl Kint wrote:
She just turned 53 years old today. 53! Where did the time go?

For the longest time l thought she was pushing 60. Obviously not because shes 11 years old then l am.
Verbl Kint
10/5/2022 12:18am
sspomer wrote:
norco teams "paused" is official - here's the press release/statement Press Release. Port Coquitlam, BC – September 29, 2022 Since we started building mountain bikes, Norco...
norco teams "paused" is official - here's the press release/statement

Press Release.
Port Coquitlam, BC – September 29, 2022
Since we started building mountain bikes, Norco has been driven by the energy and spirit that competition has brought to our work. 2022, in fact, has been the Norco Factory Team’s most successful year in its over 30 years of racing – results that we continue to celebrate as the season winds down; which makes this announcement even more heartbreaking:

At the end of the race season, we will temporarily pause the Norco Factory DH and XC team programs.

We understand this decision drastically affects the lives and careers of so many talented people who have contributed to the program’s success. To ensure that all our 2022 team athletes and staff can stay on-track for 2023, we’re advocating on their behalf with our industry partners and colleagues to help secure support for all of them.

This pause will allow Norco to confidently navigate the industry’s pandemic recovery. It’s a pragmatic, but excruciating sacrifice we’ve had to make to ensure that Norco will continue to meet the needs of riders and our dealers long into the future. We’ll continue to ride, engage with our communities, and forge forward as we develop and build innovative mountain bikes, including our next generation of DH and XC platforms.

Thanks to all our riders, support staff, sponsors, and fans for your decades of inspiration. It means the world to us.

My limited view on the situation leads me to think that Norco is not looking good financially and is pulling out of racing to prepare for a global recession (or a potential acquisition by another company).

I hope no one else in Norco gets laid off and the brand continues past 2023 and beyond.

10/5/2022 7:08am
sspomer wrote:
norco teams "paused" is official - here's the press release/statement Press Release. Port Coquitlam, BC – September 29, 2022 Since we started building mountain bikes, Norco...

Press Release.
Since we started building mountain bikes, Norco has been driven by the energy and spirit that competition has brought to our work. 2022, in fact, has been the Norco Factory Team’s most successful year in its over 30 years of racing – results that we continue to celebrate as the season winds down; which makes this announcement even more heartbreaking:

At the end of the race season, we will temporarily pause the Norco Factory DH and XC team programs.

We understand this decision drastically affects the lives and careers of so many talented people who have contributed to the program’s success. To ensure that all our 2022 team athletes and staff can stay on-track for 2023, we’re advocating on their behalf with our industry partners and colleagues to help secure support for all of them.

This pause will allow Norco to confidently navigate the industry’s pandemic recovery. It’s a pragmatic, but excruciating sacrifice we’ve had to make to ensure that Norco will continue to meet the needs of riders and our dealers long into the future. We’ll continue to ride, engage with our communities, and forge forward as we develop and build innovative mountain bikes, including our next generation of DH and XC platforms.

Thanks to all our riders, support staff, sponsors, and fans for your decades of inspiration. It means the world to us.
Verbl Kint wrote:
My limited view on the situation leads me to think that Norco is not looking good financially and is pulling out of racing to prepare for...

My limited view on the situation leads me to think that Norco is not looking good financially and is pulling out of racing to prepare for a global recession (or a potential acquisition by another company).

I hope no one else in Norco gets laid off and the brand continues past 2023 and beyond.

Let's face it. Going racing on a WC level costs a lot of money.. Not too long ago, every company was selling everything they had. Now, we're seeing companies having inventory, but demand has dried up. Racing is a huge expense that affects the bottom line..

Kint might be onto something. Maybe big news coming in the future?
lloyd506
10/5/2022 8:15am
With rumours of Norco coming out with three bike redesigns, sight, optic, aurum, maybe they put more money into development and carbon molds and put less financial resources into racing.
Primoz
10/5/2022 8:52am
Why make a new Aurum if you're killing the team using it?
lloyd506
10/5/2022 12:19pm
There has been a Norco dh text mike spotted many times this summer.
Edthorne
10/5/2022 12:50pm
lloyd506 wrote:
There has been a Norco dh text mike spotted many times this summer.
But it's only been under Kirk McDowell, who's not technically on the factory team.

The plot thickens!
nskerb
10/5/2022 1:41pm
Primoz wrote:
Because you like to party.
10/5/2022 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2022 2:15pm
Amaury racing a yet to be announced Commencal XC rig this weekend.

Possibly PFP’s new rig for next year?

10/5/2022 3:47pm
How cool would that be! Im sure they could do a FRO version thats just a race day ride to make a weight
sspomer
10/5/2022 4:01pm
#olympicGoals for Max, eh?
metadave
10/6/2022 12:13am
sspomer wrote:

Press Release.

Verbl Kint wrote:
My limited view on the situation leads me to think that Norco is not looking good financially and is pulling out of racing to prepare for...

In Canada, Norco is also Live to play sports distribution, which is the larger distribution arm of the company, and they are huge. They rebranded the distribution side of things around 2011 which had still been under the Norco brand until that point to separate confusion between the two. So they for sure have secondary support no other Canadian brand has.
Mr.Nally
10/6/2022 12:45am
Primoz wrote:
The press release says taking a break for one season.
Froman1331
10/6/2022 3:04am
Primoz wrote:
Mr.Nally wrote:
The press release says taking a break for one season.
Because the one season part is overlooked, and the sky starts falling. Also, anyone else notice that EWS was not included in the break? Maybe they feel they can persuade DHers or XC to go Enduro for the year should they like. Keeps the rider in the family and on a circuit of sorts.
Javigutz
10/6/2022 4:28am
faustonef wrote:
wild shuffle in XCO mtb teams 2023 Vidaurre to Scott Colombo (BMC) rumored to Scott Pauline leaves BMC (maybe Ineos) Kross-Orlen will stop in 2023. Cink...
wild shuffle in XCO mtb teams 2023

Vidaurre to Scott
Colombo (BMC) rumored to Scott
Pauline leaves BMC (maybe Ineos)
Kross-Orlen will stop in 2023. Cink, Wawak, Litscher on the market
Avancini leaves Cannondale
KMC will ride Lapierre bikes after years with Orbea
Sarrou and Sina leave Specialized (rumored to BMC)
Decathlon-Rockrider wants Maxime Marotte
Vidaurre to Specialized.
He signed contract mid 2022.
10/6/2022 11:40am
faustonef wrote:
wild shuffle in XCO mtb teams 2023 Vidaurre to Scott Colombo (BMC) rumored to Scott Pauline leaves BMC (maybe Ineos) Kross-Orlen will stop in 2023. Cink...
wild shuffle in XCO mtb teams 2023

Vidaurre to Scott
Colombo (BMC) rumored to Scott
Pauline leaves BMC (maybe Ineos)
Kross-Orlen will stop in 2023. Cink, Wawak, Litscher on the market
Avancini leaves Cannondale
KMC will ride Lapierre bikes after years with Orbea
Sarrou and Sina leave Specialized (rumored to BMC)
Decathlon-Rockrider wants Maxime Marotte
Javigutz wrote:
Vidaurre to Specialized.
He signed contract mid 2022.
So Vidaurre signed a contract with Specialized, and took advantage of the kindness of Scott without telling them?

Sounds like Mike Sinyard trying to get even for Kate Courtney (even though that was Specialized fault)
Zero Cool
10/6/2022 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2022 2:35pm
Saw on a few websites that PFP might be signing with INEOS Grenadier. Even PB had a post about it.
I mean they have a lot of money to throw around
casey79
10/6/2022 2:50pm
Zero Cool wrote:
Saw on a few websites that PFP might be signing with INEOS Grenadier. Even PB had a post about it. I mean they have a lot...
Saw on a few websites that PFP might be signing with INEOS Grenadier. Even PB had a post about it.
I mean they have a lot of money to throw around
A few roadie sites like Cycling Weekly have been reporting the news of PFP moving to Ineos Grenadiers as a lock.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/have-ineos-grenadiers-signed-their-f…
lloyd506
10/6/2022 7:22pm
Martin whiteley had an interesting post about signing lots of papers today. Hope he’s bringing a new team into the mix.
smelly
10/6/2022 8:34pm
Amaury racing a yet to be announced Commencal XC rig this weekend. Possibly PFP’s new rig for next year? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2022/10/05/13082/s1200_640E22A1_81B8_4242_9FBD_973D2F3178F1.jpg[/img]
Amaury racing a yet to be announced Commencal XC rig this weekend.

Possibly PFP’s new rig for next year?

everyone keeps putting PFP and Commencal together, but maybe the incentive was that all their DH riders wanted a better bike to train on, and there's actually demand for fun, short travel bikes.
Pedal4life
10/6/2022 9:10pm
There is something big stirring

Post a reply to: 2023 TEAM RUMORS

The Latest