2023 TEAM RUMORS

kcy4130
11/11/2022 8:42am
Karabuka wrote:
Some real rumors going on the other site, looking forward to the @sspomer showing pinkies how its done   

Some real rumors going on the other site, looking forward to the @sspomer showing pinkies how its done Laughing

Better start training hard Spomer! If you lose, you'd have to employ Levy!

11/11/2022 10:14am
Karabuka wrote:
Some real rumors going on the other site, looking forward to the @sspomer showing pinkies how its done   

Some real rumors going on the other site, looking forward to the @sspomer showing pinkies how its done Laughing

Pink-vital decathalon?

bike model scrabble

long huck to flat

100 yard wheelie dash

A judged presentation for the corniest YouTube series

prototype spyshot at World Cup treasure hunt

Fat bike tire toss

hike a bike team relay (beer chugging optional)

Chinese team rumor whispers in a podcast format

Blindfolded Brake bleed followed by a dh lap

editor Arm wrestle for triple points 

11/12/2022 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2022 2:47pm

Not sure if this one is already posted...

https://singletrackworld.com/2022/11/no-propain-factory-racing-team-in-…

Propain pausing to their factory team for '23, back in '24.

Seems to give more weight to the brothers onto Giant, wonder where Henry will end up.

And will Ben Reid run the program when they return.

11/12/2022 3:09pm
On the other site the comments say its largely due to the increase in fees for ‘23 - around 20k now. Is that confirmed anywhere?
LopaGross
11/12/2022 4:59pm
Not sure if this one is already posted... https://singletrackworld.com/2022/11/no-propain-factory-racing-team-in-2023/ Propain pausing to their factory team for '23, back in '24. Seems to give more weight to...

Seems to give more weight to the brothers onto Giant, wonder where Henry will end up.

The other site got a statement from Ben. It appears that he hopes to stay involved with the brand, but will work on other projects. From the statement, it's not entirely clear whether those other projects are with Propain or independently pursued.

I'd be curious to see how Propain will utilize this time to prepare for '24, aside from stashing away some of the money saved by not racing. Would it be more difficult to hop back in on the second year of a transition in race management, rather than going to a couple of extra races in the first year?

westrm
11/12/2022 5:41pm

My interpretation of it was they lost the brothers to another team so without decent racers it wasn’t worth the trouble. They will return once they have a solid team to compete with.

FullSend
11/13/2022 2:34am

Side note: It's funny how much some people on here like to complain about "cOnTeNt bEiNg sToLeN bY pInKbIkE", while there's information or articles from PB being repostet on here ALL THE TIME.

Like, it doesn't work that way. You don't get to complain and then do it yourself.

FullSend
11/13/2022 2:40am
Not sure if this one is already posted... https://singletrackworld.com/2022/11/no-propain-factory-racing-team-in-2023/ Propain pausing to their factory team for '23, back in '24. Seems to give more weight to...

LopaGross wrote:
The other site got a statement from Ben. It appears that he hopes to stay involved with the brand, but will work on other projects. From...

The other site got a statement from Ben. It appears that he hopes to stay involved with the brand, but will work on other projects. From the statement, it's not entirely clear whether those other projects are with Propain or independently pursued.

I'd be curious to see how Propain will utilize this time to prepare for '24, aside from stashing away some of the money saved by not racing. Would it be more difficult to hop back in on the second year of a transition in race management, rather than going to a couple of extra races in the first year?

What we can observe here is everyone making preparations to abandon ship, should the worst case scenario really come true and UCI-sanctioned DH racing turn into a dumpsterfire. Everyone would rather have the others be the guinea pigs for the experiment that will be the first season of DH under new management.

At this point, there's just too much uncertainty for these smaller-scale factory teams:

-Will the official UCI sanctioned WC DH series turn into a shitshow because of Warner Bros involvement?

-Will there be a monetization scheme in place? If so, how will that impact viewer numbers and ultimately the relevancy of the series? Will there even be people watching?

-Will RedBull organize their own series? Will THAT become the new de-facto DH race format? Will these two hypothetical series be exclusive from each other?

Too many questions unanswered to make serious commitments.

sspomer
11/13/2022 11:02am
JerseyMojo wrote:
On the other site the comments say its largely due to the increase in fees for ‘23 - around 20k now. Is that confirmed anywhere?

the most recent thing i saw (no idea how concrete/formal/official) was that there are 3 levels of team being offered from 5 to 23k euros depending status (access/benefits) single or multi-discipline. i don't know what tge price was this past year, so no idea if there's an increase, or if it's big/small.

there are also some other rules and regs for team visuals in the bargaining stages right now. can't decide if initial proposal is laughable or sad, but trying to remain hopeful.

regardless of prices and potential rule changes, i agree w/ everyone here saying there's too much uncertainty for small players and would have to think the same for big players, assuming overall impressions and competitive fields are drastically lower than years past. we'll see i guess.

hogfly
11/13/2022 3:29pm

It's pretty obvious if you follow him on Instagram, but Asa Vermette is likely going to be racing for Frameworks this season. He's too young to do World Cup yet, but is supposedly going to do some IXS, Crankworks, and various North American races. Asa was pretty open about it at the Angelfire Team Trail Party race, but now it's on him and his dad's Instagram that he's currently riding a Frameworks bike. Not sure if they've officially inked any deal, though, but expect it to happen.

trpfanboy
11/13/2022 5:25pm
hogfly wrote:
It's pretty obvious if you follow him on Instagram, but Asa Vermette is likely going to be racing for Frameworks this season. He's too young to...

It's pretty obvious if you follow him on Instagram, but Asa Vermette is likely going to be racing for Frameworks this season. He's too young to do World Cup yet, but is supposedly going to do some IXS, Crankworks, and various North American races. Asa was pretty open about it at the Angelfire Team Trail Party race, but now it's on him and his dad's Instagram that he's currently riding a Frameworks bike. Not sure if they've officially inked any deal, though, but expect it to happen.

Asa has been testing out various bikes, including the Transition TR11, nothing is set in stone yet, as he has many options available.

Johnboy
11/13/2022 6:46pm
westrm wrote:
My interpretation of it was they lost the brothers to another team so without decent racers it wasn’t worth the trouble. They will return once they...

My interpretation of it was they lost the brothers to another team so without decent racers it wasn’t worth the trouble. They will return once they have a solid team to compete with.

I think Henry Kerr is a decent racer.

This talk of the brothers going to Giant leaving Kerr on Propain immediately made me think of this

https://youtu.be/oByoijUhWY8

11/14/2022 2:14am
westrm wrote:
My interpretation of it was they lost the brothers to another team so without decent racers it wasn’t worth the trouble. They will return once they...

Johnboy wrote:
I think Henry Kerr is a decent racer. This talk of the brothers going to Giant leaving Kerr on Propain immediately made me think of this...

I think Henry Kerr is a decent racer.

This talk of the brothers going to Giant leaving Kerr on Propain immediately made me think of this

https://youtu.be/oByoijUhWY8

Cube is looking for a third mechanic... Maybe Henry will end up there.

11/14/2022 4:47am

So what I’ve heard on the podcasts I’ve recently listened to.

Pivot are getting a new male rider, unsure if it’s addition or replacement.

Wynn did screen testing for discovery but won’t be doing the main job.

Blenki to Cube.

I know not technically racing but riders are getting upset with the scoring at rampage and there might be a lot less of them there next year. This is according to Davi on the ride companion talking to Andreu Lacondeguy

Anyone any insight into what’s happening with Gracie Hemstreet? What teams are missing a female rider?

Tanner_Carl
11/14/2022 6:22am
FullSend wrote:
I'm not convinced yet. I haven't heard anything new from my contact at Canyon since they told me Jack was off the team. So either Jesse...

I'm not convinced yet. I haven't heard anything new from my contact at Canyon since they told me Jack was off the team.

So either Jesse is going to another team or Canyon is trying REALLY hard to keep this under wraps.

I'm not bought in to the Jesse --> Canyon rumor either.

I don't think that Troll Master Melamed would drop a blatantly obvious hint with that espresso reflection photo that was shared a few weeks ago. Jesse has my vote for early 2023 rumors forum MVP

11/14/2022 8:17am
So what I’ve heard on the podcasts I’ve recently listened to. Pivot are getting a new male rider, unsure if it’s addition or replacement. Wynn did...

So what I’ve heard on the podcasts I’ve recently listened to.

Pivot are getting a new male rider, unsure if it’s addition or replacement.

Wynn did screen testing for discovery but won’t be doing the main job.

Blenki to Cube.

I know not technically racing but riders are getting upset with the scoring at rampage and there might be a lot less of them there next year. This is according to Davi on the ride companion talking to Andreu Lacondeguy

Anyone any insight into what’s happening with Gracie Hemstreet? What teams are missing a female rider?

I don't have anything to back it up but I saw someone post on Instagram yesterday Gracey Hemstreet to YT. On the same post they had some info I believe might be correct (Jack Moir to YT) & some I believe is incorrect (Meier-Smith brothers to YT, actually going to Giant) so take it with a pinch of salt. Gracey to YT would seem like a good fit though?

11/14/2022 8:30am
I don't have anything to back it up but I saw someone post on Instagram yesterday Gracey Hemstreet to YT. On the same post they had...

I don't have anything to back it up but I saw someone post on Instagram yesterday Gracey Hemstreet to YT. On the same post they had some info I believe might be correct (Jack Moir to YT) & some I believe is incorrect (Meier-Smith brothers to YT, actually going to Giant) so take it with a pinch of salt. Gracey to YT would seem like a good fit though?

"I saw someone post on Instagram yesterday Gracey Hemstreet to YT" - this is false

PisgahGnar
11/14/2022 9:35am
FullSend wrote:
I'm not convinced yet. I haven't heard anything new from my contact at Canyon since they told me Jack was off the team. So either Jesse...

I'm not convinced yet. I haven't heard anything new from my contact at Canyon since they told me Jack was off the team.

So either Jesse is going to another team or Canyon is trying REALLY hard to keep this under wraps.

I'm not bought in to the Jesse --> Canyon rumor either. I don't think that Troll Master Melamed would drop a blatantly obvious hint with that...

I don't think that Troll Master Melamed would drop a blatantly obvious hint with that espresso reflection photo that was shared a few weeks ago. Jesse has my vote for early 2023 rumors forum MVP

I think Jesse made an honest mistake and then tried to cover it up. I've thought way too much about this but here we go:

The photo was posted the morning after returning home from Finale and a trip through Spain. He was posting his first morning espresso, probably super jetlagged. I bet he inked the deal sometime during the last segment of the EWS season and then a welcome package was waiting at home. He threw on the fresh t-shirt because it was the easiest thing for his jetlagged brain then went to post about his coffee. It blows up, someone points out the thread on Vital so he counters with a big S shirt. 

Levy posted his article on Pinkbike and claimed to not even know about the Vital post, he had totally different sources. 

In closing, my thesis is that Jesse made a mistake by accidentally framing himself in the reflection of his espresso machine, and then covered it up.

11/14/2022 10:18am
PisgahGnar wrote:
I think Jesse made an honest mistake and then tried to cover it up. I've thought way too much about this but here we go: The...

I think Jesse made an honest mistake and then tried to cover it up. I've thought way too much about this but here we go:

The photo was posted the morning after returning home from Finale and a trip through Spain. He was posting his first morning espresso, probably super jetlagged. I bet he inked the deal sometime during the last segment of the EWS season and then a welcome package was waiting at home. He threw on the fresh t-shirt because it was the easiest thing for his jetlagged brain then went to post about his coffee. It blows up, someone points out the thread on Vital so he counters with a big S shirt. 

Levy posted his article on Pinkbike and claimed to not even know about the Vital post, he had totally different sources. 

In closing, my thesis is that Jesse made a mistake by accidentally framing himself in the reflection of his espresso machine, and then covered it up.

11/14/2022 11:59am
FullSend wrote:

I'm not bought in to the Jesse --> Canyon rumor either. I don't think that Troll Master Melamed would drop a blatantly obvious hint with that...

PisgahGnar wrote:
I think Jesse made an honest mistake and then tried to cover it up. I've thought way too much about this but here we go: The...

the Canyon logo was kinda well framed and visible for an actually accidental shot

can only imagine Jesse sitting on his couch laughing his ass off reading the stuff in here

veefour
11/14/2022 2:07pm
sspomer wrote:
the most recent thing i saw (no idea how concrete/formal/official) was that there are 3 levels of team being offered from 5 to 23k euros depending...

the most recent thing i saw (no idea how concrete/formal/official) was that there are 3 levels of team being offered from 5 to 23k euros depending status (access/benefits) single or multi-discipline. i don't know what tge price was this past year, so no idea if there's an increase, or if it's big/small.

there are also some other rules and regs for team visuals in the bargaining stages right now. can't decide if initial proposal is laughable or sad, but trying to remain hopeful.

regardless of prices and potential rule changes, i agree w/ everyone here saying there's too much uncertainty for small players and would have to think the same for big players, assuming overall impressions and competitive fields are drastically lower than years past. we'll see i guess.

I believe I read it was under 5000 Euros in previous years, if so that's a huge price hike.

11/14/2022 2:31pm
I don't have anything to back it up but I saw someone post on Instagram yesterday Gracey Hemstreet to YT. On the same post they had...

"I saw someone post on Instagram yesterday Gracey Hemstreet to YT" - this is false

Fair enough. 1/3 ain’t bad I guess 😂😂👍

sspomer
11/16/2022 8:59am

cyclingtips layoff chaos followed by loads of canceled subs (according to comments). sucks for those who got the axe as that community seemed to really value what they did.

https://forum.cyclingtips.com/t/laid-off-caley-fretz-dave-rome-matt-de-…

"Today Caley Fretz, Dave Rome, Matt de Neef and Daniel Benson (Editor-in-Chief of VN) were let go. Plus lots of other staff (including Steve Brawley who has been with CT for years in sales) and others throughout the company. 12% in total.

What a clusterfcuk OutsideInc is. Robin Thurston has gotten his head over his skis and singlehandedly fcuked up dozens of good media publications in just 2 years.

Goodbye CT. It was good while it lasted."

11/16/2022 9:16am

Don't know if this is big news to anyone else, but Avancini off Cannondale?!?!?!

hogfly
11/16/2022 9:42am
sspomer wrote:
cyclingtips layoff chaos followed by loads of canceled subs (according to comments). sucks for those who got the axe as that community seemed to really value...

cyclingtips layoff chaos followed by loads of canceled subs (according to comments). sucks for those who got the axe as that community seemed to really value what they did.

"Today Caley Fretz, Dave Rome, Matt de Neef and Daniel Benson (Editor-in-Chief of VN) were let go. Plus lots of other staff (including Steve Brawley who has been with CT for years in sales) and others throughout the company. 12% in total.

What a clusterfcuk OutsideInc is. Robin Thurston has gotten his head over his skis and singlehandedly fcuked up dozens of good media publications in just 2 years.

God I hope this isn't a microcosm of what could happen with Discovery takeover of WC racing.

avlfj40
11/16/2022 10:03am
sspomer wrote:
cyclingtips layoff chaos followed by loads of canceled subs (according to comments). sucks for those who got the axe as that community seemed to really value...

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2022/11/16/staff-cuts-out…

Here's his reasoning...so he can make more money.

11/16/2022 10:24am

You'd almost think Owning or running businesses was to make money, how scandalous.

Post a reply to: 2023 TEAM RUMORS

The Latest

The Latest