Whistling

sspomer
11/30/2022 9:18am

lol is that yours? so sick!

dolface
11/30/2022 11:57am
dphilpott wrote:

Whistling

What year is that? That doesn't look like a Horizon pedal...

Zuestman
11/30/2022 4:13pm

Charlie Harrison is retiring from racing. 

pinkrobe
11/30/2022 4:33pm

That is a very classy goodbye post. Chapeau!

11/30/2022 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 11/30/2022 9:02pm

best of luck, charlie! its always cool to see a local kid make it that far, let alone podium. Where most shuttles don't exceed 1000 feet in SoCal.

sspomer
12/2/2022 10:17am

nik nestoroff and KHS part ways as he focuses on enduro, sharing future plans soon.

12/2/2022 10:25am

Serious question, did KHS ever release get their own enduro or DH bikes to their team? There's a few KHS riders local to me, and there were always on rebadged Genius's or Sessions.

12/2/2022 11:09am
Serious question, did KHS ever release get their own enduro or DH bikes to their team? There's a few KHS riders local to me, and there...

Serious question, did KHS ever release get their own enduro or DH bikes to their team? There's a few KHS riders local to me, and there were always on rebadged Genius's or Sessions.

Pure speculation here, but I wonder if their ability to get sufficient frames manufactured/shipped might have been undercut by the pandemic. As I understand it, production time at most factories was in extremely high demand, and maybe KHS couldn't offer high enough pay or volume to compete with other brands clamoring for their spot in line?

Again, purely speculative.

bl4
12/2/2022 11:19am
Serious question, did KHS ever release get their own enduro or DH bikes to their team? There's a few KHS riders local to me, and there...

there's also at least one high profile(?) KHS rider on a Kona Process. most of the KHS videos that get put out don't show the frame/bike..which always seems a bit odd for a bike company, but eh!

Jrp
12/2/2022 11:31am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2022 12:25pm

Apparently he was seen on a fezzari

sspomer
12/2/2022 3:28pm

hearing transition is back to WC racing with heavy jr. squad. hope it's true!

w4s
12/2/2022 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2022 5:21pm

KHS has always been, and will always be, a catalog bike brand and it is a US/Korean company.  The racing part is a passion play by the US GM of KHS, I worked for him when he was the GM of Diamondback bicycles (remember DBR Racing in the late 90's-early 2000's). I remember the day we all got fired by Derby Cycles when they purchased Diamondback and moved the brand from Camarillo, CA to Kent, WA.  I assume the riders get whatever kind of personal bike they want and put KHS stickers on it, no way KHS would ever spend money on developing race bikes in any kind of cycling format.

I'm sure the team could race KHS bikes but have you seen what they offer.  

https://khsbicycles.com/

12/2/2022 6:47pm

w4s wrote:
KHS has always been, and will always be, a catalog bike brand and it is a US/Korean company.  The racing part is a passion play by...

KHS has always been, and will always be, a catalog bike brand and it is a US/Korean company.  The racing part is a passion play by the US GM of KHS, I worked for him when he was the GM of Diamondback bicycles (remember DBR Racing in the late 90's-early 2000's). I remember the day we all got fired by Derby Cycles when they purchased Diamondback and moved the brand from Camarillo, CA to Kent, WA.  I assume the riders get whatever kind of personal bike they want and put KHS stickers on it, no way KHS would ever spend money on developing race bikes in any kind of cycling format.

But in the past, the team did in fact race on KHS bikes. So something has changed. 

brash
12/2/2022 9:13pm

back in the day they had some good gear.

Now it stands for knowledge, health, Shitboxes

Primoz
12/3/2022 12:17am

But KHS has been running Astro catalogue frames for... over 10 years now? I remember news items saying 'we're developing a new DH bike' and it was the exact same Astro frame brands like Mondraker (they ran Astro frames in the first year(s) of Barel era before the stealth design and zero suspension was developed), Cult (Slovenian), Kraftstoff, Solid bikes and the like would also run. Maybe some changes to the angles at most, but all the major parts of the frame were obviously the same.

sharpy212
12/3/2022 2:07am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2022 7:01am

Angel to UNNO 

Kerr to Canyon 

Blenki to Cube

Millie to Canyon

G Williamson to Madison

via ‘Making up the numbers’ podcast

12/3/2022 8:22am
Primoz wrote:
But KHS has been running Astro catalogue frames for... over 10 years now? I remember news items saying 'we're developing a new DH bike' and it...

But KHS has been running Astro catalogue frames for... over 10 years now? I remember news items saying 'we're developing a new DH bike' and it was the exact same Astro frame brands like Mondraker (they ran Astro frames in the first year(s) of Barel era before the stealth design and zero suspension was developed), Cult (Slovenian), Kraftstoff, Solid bikes and the like would also run. Maybe some changes to the angles at most, but all the major parts of the frame were obviously the same.

12/3/2022 8:34am
w4s wrote:
KHS has always been, and will always be, a catalog bike brand and it is a US/Korean company.  The racing part is a passion play by...

I was in the warranty department when Derby bought DB... Was lucky enough to get sent back to my old warehouse gig long enough to find my next gig...  I assume you are talking about Wayne D...

12/3/2022 10:51am
brash wrote:

First shop i worked for, one owner (who was sponsored by KHS) said it meant Killer High Speed. The other owner would bust his balls by calling it a Korean Hunk of Shit.. A crash several years later when I had a Dominatrix left me with a Kidney Hurt Seriously.. That was my first and last ride on that bike...

Ahab
12/3/2022 11:43am

Kracked Headtube Syndrome.

What.

brash
12/3/2022 1:22pm
brash wrote:

First shop i worked for, one owner (who was sponsored by KHS) said it meant Killer High Speed. The other owner would bust his balls by...

First shop i worked for, one owner (who was sponsored by KHS) said it meant Killer High Speed. The other owner would bust his balls by calling it a Korean Hunk of Shit.. A crash several years later when I had a Dominatrix left me with a Kidney Hurt Seriously.. That was my first and last ride on that bike...

I thought it was knowledge, health, Strength.... my buddy blew smoke up my ass lol.

Primoz
12/3/2022 2:51pm
Primoz wrote:
But KHS has been running Astro catalogue frames for... over 10 years now? I remember news items saying 'we're developing a new DH bike' and it...

If you're aiming at the Mondraker, the tubing (industrial design) and suspension layout were done by Cero design. The frames might have been manufactured by Astro, but that's a manufacturing gig. In the beginning Mondraker ran Astro catalogue frames.

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb2575544/p3pb2575544.jpg

Mr.Nally
12/3/2022 10:53pm

Please make a KHS thread for all KHS related discussions 

NJPA Rider
12/4/2022 1:15pm

Angel to UNNO sounds solid. Doesn't that mean there is a spot there for another rider as well? 

Zuestman
12/5/2022 9:11am

Nesterhoff to fezzari?

krabo83
12/5/2022 10:51pm
NJPA Rider wrote:

Angel to UNNO sounds solid. Doesn't that mean there is a spot there for another rider as well? 

that would mean that unno is coming out with a new DH-rig 🤔

Post a reply to: 2023 TEAM RUMORS

The Latest

The Latest