2024 TEAM RUMORS

Stunnanumma1
Fantasy
308th
2/5/2024 8:41am
hogfly wrote:
Thomas Genon (Tommy G) on GT. Rachel Strait is off GT. I believe her and Kyle are going to be on same bikes as a couple...

Thomas Genon (Tommy G) on GT.

Rachel Strait is off GT. I believe her and Kyle are going to be on same bikes as a couple (Fezzari... maybe?).

lots speculating Kyle on Fez; it's not Fez.

krabo83
2/5/2024 9:02am
sevenz wrote:
No longer a mystery....

No longer a mystery....

Gwin

man, it brings me much joy to see AG continuing racing… NOW F* TELL ME ON WHICH FRAME/BIKE DAMN IT!!! Laughing

hogfly
Fantasy
1689th
2/5/2024 9:06am
hogfly wrote:
Thomas Genon (Tommy G) on GT. Rachel Strait is off GT. I believe her and Kyle are going to be on same bikes as a couple...

Rachel Strait is off GT. I believe her and Kyle are going to be on same bikes as a couple (Fezzari... maybe?).

Nothing against Fez... but glad it's not them. I'll be curious to see who it is... I would assume someone with an interest in DS-style bikes (which... a lot of the racers just mod the crap out of smaller trail or slope bikes for their DS bikes these days, I guess).

derekbnorakim
Fantasy
2674th
2/5/2024 9:24am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2024 9:49am
On the https://www.redbull.com/us-en/athlete/aaron-gwin link, it mentions Intense under the "other partners" section. Might be dated information, or he might be racing the new frames he had...

On the https://www.redbull.com/us-en/athlete/aaron-gwin link, it mentions Intense under the "other partners" section. Might be dated information, or he might be racing the new frames he had a hand in developing. I hope the latter is the case

w4s wrote:

It also mentions Onza which would be a new sponsor for him since IFR was on Vee.

The epic wet Mont Saint Anne run was on Onza

Edit: let's all bask in the glory

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
2/5/2024 10:34am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2024 10:34am
On the https://www.redbull.com/us-en/athlete/aaron-gwin link, it mentions Intense under the "other partners" section. Might be dated information, or he might be racing the new frames he had...

On the https://www.redbull.com/us-en/athlete/aaron-gwin link, it mentions Intense under the "other partners" section. Might be dated information, or he might be racing the new frames he had a hand in developing. I hope the latter is the case

w4s wrote:

It also mentions Onza which would be a new sponsor for him since IFR was on Vee.

The epic wet Mont Saint Anne run was on Onza   Edit: let's all bask in the glory

Those Onza DH tires were semi-mud spikes anyway. 

FanBoi's...who manufacturers their carcass/casing/tread...yadda yadda.....???

tstep
Fantasy
274th
2/5/2024 10:50am
w4s wrote:

The epic wet Mont Saint Anne run was on Onza   Edit: let's all bask in the glory

bizutch wrote:

They were more along the lines of a dhf/dhr2 hybrid with a really good compound, and were manufactured by CST. The thing about MSA is if it is raining hard enough and there aren't a ton of people on track, it still rolls pretty fast and has traction. The problems come when the rain slows, or the dirt gets churned up from people on track, and the moisture soaks into the dirt. There's no arguing that Aaron is a genius when it comes to riding a bike and developing products though.

faxxe
2/5/2024 11:18am

Finally I can go to bed and sleep peacefully, knowing we'll see the Gwinner race again

2/5/2024 11:45am

Everyone thought it was the frame holding Gwin back in 2019, but that year he switched off his Onza tires that he won MSA in the wet with and to Kenda, and after a season on those specific tires I can testify that it likely wasn't the frame switchup that threw off his game. It would be great if a return to his Signature Tire (the most important part of the bike) can help with a return to the podium. 

And how are they "basically mud spikes"? They don't have tall tread lugs at all. 

Powfoka
2/5/2024 12:44pm
hogfly wrote:

If not Fez then where are they going ??

vweb
Fantasy
1166th
2/5/2024 12:50pm
hogfly wrote:

Powfoka wrote:

If not Fez then where are they going ??

Hyper maybe Huh

brash
2/5/2024 1:07pm

That yeti DH is carbon now, aint no way they changing no mold for Mr Gwin no matter the feedback.

They had sick mick on the advisory board, that's good enough for me!

Edthorne
Fantasy
1944th
2/5/2024 1:54pm
roost66 wrote:
Sc is teasing something, or is it something I'm not picking up on,  

Sc is teasing something, or is it something I'm not picking up on, Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 8.52.42%E2%80%AFAM.png?VersionId=LwwZbMNNqGC1T8Uq3OUH 

I'm pretty sure it's just an edit. On the SC IG page they called it solo, which was the original name for the 5010.

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
2/5/2024 1:54pm

has it been discussed in tech rumors a bit? idea that yeti's carbon DH frame isn't a huge cost issue these days as they prob used a less-expensive aluminum mold to make a small batch of frames? cutting production molds (steel) are where it gets expensive.

jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
2/5/2024 2:01pm
sspomer wrote:
has it been discussed in tech rumors a bit? idea that yeti's carbon DH frame isn't a huge cost issue these days as they prob used...

has it been discussed in tech rumors a bit? idea that yeti's carbon DH frame isn't a huge cost issue these days as they prob used a less-expensive aluminum mold to make a small batch of frames? cutting production molds (steel) are where it gets expensive.

i have not raised it there, but its mostly just me speculating based on a few things that seem to be more than just a happy coincidence.  you're not wrong about the tooling costs, but historically the special projects bikes all started in house. i'm no yeti expert, but how many SP bikes have they done since production moved overseas? the BMX frame and the CX frame? 

JamesR_2026
Fantasy
750th
2/5/2024 3:08pm

bizutch wrote:

tstep wrote:
They were more along the lines of a dhf/dhr2 hybrid with a really good compound, and were manufactured by CST. The thing about MSA is if...

They were more along the lines of a dhf/dhr2 hybrid with a really good compound, and were manufactured by CST. The thing about MSA is if it is raining hard enough and there aren't a ton of people on track, it still rolls pretty fast and has traction. The problems come when the rain slows, or the dirt gets churned up from people on track, and the moisture soaks into the dirt. There's no arguing that Aaron is a genius when it comes to riding a bike and developing products though.

Yep, made by CST which is Maxxis parent company. They did a super soft 40A version which was like the old Maxxis slow reezay compound. I bought some at half price after Gwin switched to Kenda and they were super sticky. Tore up real quick though and only available in 2.4" which felt a bit skinny on the front.

owl-x
Fantasy
1089th
2/5/2024 3:48pm

that yeti with a booty drawing is NSFW

2/5/2024 4:30pm

Any news on Sam Hill? He still tags Nukeproof on certain social media publications but seems to have gone the full moto dad route?

Togger250
2/6/2024 5:11am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2024 5:13am

image-20240206131122-1

Gwin's latest insta post

mickey
2/6/2024 6:12am

Kyle and Rachel were on last year’s trail bikes down here in the Texas Hillcountry last weekend where they were racing DS and running a clinic.

(P1 for Rachel, P2 for Kyle behind a local on a ratty singlespeed hardtail)

pheller
2/6/2024 7:44am

You think Yeti frames are expensive now, could you imagine if they were actually Made In USA? 

It would definitely distinguish them from other primo brands. 

2/6/2024 9:52am

U.S. enduro racer Bella Naughton has joined KHS for 2024!

We are thrilled to have one of the best female North American Enduro athletes join our squad for the 2024 season. Bella is no stranger to podiums when it comes to the big mountain Enduro and other top-notch North American Enduro races. We are also excited to be supporting her when it comes to the Downhill side of things she will be competing in the monster energy American Downhill Series along with other Premier events. We can’t wait to see what Bella Naughton can accomplish under the KHS umbrella, welcome to the family!

Born and raised in Flagstaff, Arizona, I grew up racing off-road trucks and ski racing. My family raced mountain bikes but I never found an interest in it until I was talked into joining my high school’s cross-country team in 2016. I then went to an enduro race with my mom and fell in love with going downhill and I haven’t stopped since. 

I am excited to be on the KHS race team for 2024 and looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in enduro and downhill!

brash
2/6/2024 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2024 1:12pm

So we placing bets on what Frame Gwinner is riding?

I want to see the yeti thing so bad, to see his career go full circle. But I think it's a pipedream.

I'd love to see a small US manufacturer like frameworks, canfield.... hell even a Contra!

But I get that feeling it will be a Trek, specialized, Commencal thing. Safe money in that bet.

Who's betting their right nut on something weird!?

Losifer
Fantasy
1741st
2/6/2024 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2024 1:22pm
brash wrote:
So we placing bets on what Frame Gwinner is riding? I want to see the yeti thing so bad, to see his career go full circle...

I want to see the yeti thing so bad, to see his career go full circle. But I think it's a pipedream.

I'd love to see a small US manufacturer like frameworks, canfield.... hell even a Contra!

But I get that feeling it will be a Trek, specialized, Commencal thing. Safe money in that bet.

I would think he'll likely be on an Intense again. Boring, I know, but that's what I'd bet money on.

Tanner_Carl
Fantasy
2130th
2/6/2024 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2024 1:31pm
brash wrote:
So we placing bets on what Frame Gwinner is riding? I want to see the yeti thing so bad, to see his career go full circle...

I'll put my left nut on what's listed on the RB sponsor page.. Intense

Verbl Kint
2/6/2024 2:54pm
brash wrote:

I'm going to walk on the wild side and go with Gwin Racing on GT frames this year. 

It's a good platform to race on, it's an American brand, and it'll be great for his bike park. 

tstep
Fantasy
274th
2/6/2024 3:17pm
brash wrote:

I'll put my left nut on what's listed on the RB sponsor page.. Intense

As a fellow Tanner, I wish you all the best with this bet; however, the last time his RB athlete page was updated was September of 2023... 

Post a reply to: 2024 TEAM RUMORS

The Latest