2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

1/27/2019 4:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2019 4:59 PM

tockfagnani wrote:

Sorry guys, and what about the specialized for the ews... they havo just curtis right now.. what are you thinking about??

Mmm, that they also have still Graves.

|

1/27/2019 5:16 PM

tockfagnani wrote:

Sorry guys, and what about the specialized for the ews... they havo just curtis right now.. what are you thinking about??

shutter2ride wrote:

Graves has stated that he won't be racing the EWS this year.

|

1/27/2019 5:26 PM

rideonjon wrote:

Yeah, between health issues and the piss test problem, he's out for a while...

|

1/27/2019 5:35 PM

shutter2ride wrote:

rideonjon wrote:

Brian_Peterson wrote:

Yes, very curious to see the outcome for Rude and the 2019 season as well

|

@jason_gainey

1/27/2019 5:58 PM

shutter2ride wrote:

rideonjon wrote:

Brian_Peterson wrote:

ah forgot about the piss test lol

|

1/28/2019 1:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 1:09 AM

Jason333 wrote:

Mazda?

|

1/28/2019 1:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 1:19 AM

tockfagnani wrote:

There's a rumor going around this neck of the woods for months, but it may just be a local deal. An ex champion.

|

1/28/2019 2:35 AM

tockfagnani wrote:

LLLLL wrote:

There's a rumor going around this neck of the woods for months, but it may just be a local deal. An ex champion.

Hey, this is the rumour thread so ‘fess up

|

1/28/2019 3:14 AM

pimpin gimp wrote:

I vaguely recall ValI Holl signing for 10 years or something with YT ages ago, or is that somebody else?

Has per this Pinkbike interview she signed a 6 year contract around 2013 so 2019 should be her last contract year with YT. Dunno if she has re-signed for more years since then,

|

1/28/2019 3:17 AM

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

She's Factory SRAM, not YT Mob. Just rides a YT frame, they probably give her support but not factory, not yet at least. Rumors are that she is SRAM for a few more years.

Maxipedia wrote:

Actually she's VERY factory YT too, just not on the Mob, that is a different program, They made her a custom Worlds bike, which is as factory as it gets. It has been well documented everywhere.

Some pages back, someone said that the Mob will be supporting her at the races, if I am not mistaking, but she is not part of the Mob. The Mob will probably still be on Fox Suspension and the sponsors that Martin was able to secure, some very likely carrying over from last year's program. I'm betting on Renthal and Onza, no info, just a gut feeling.

Brian_Peterson wrote:

I'm interested in seeing how the mob goes... I think some of those deals Aaron brought in.. I can see Onza staying as they aren't a part of Gwin's IFR program.. Valli is a SRAM rider. Perhaps they pick up the mob too if they have a budget to do so...

Looks like the Mob will be on Maxxis...

http://yt-mob.com/sponsors/

|

1/28/2019 4:15 AM

Bobodaclown wrote:

Looks like the Mob will be on Maxxis...

http://yt-mob.com/sponsors/

Yeah, Angel has been riding Maxxis tires since the beginning of this month.

|

1/28/2019 6:03 AM

Fischi officially off Radon. Future Mob Rider?
|

1/28/2019 6:04 AM

tockfagnani wrote:

LLLLL wrote:

afterbang99 wrote:

Hey, this is the rumour thread so ‘fess up

For me they need one top ten man and also one woman too

|

1/28/2019 6:15 AM

teemar wrote:

Fischi officially off Radon. Future Mob Rider?

Cube..

|

1/28/2019 8:53 AM

tockfagnani wrote:

LLLLL wrote:

Justin Leov signed a local deal with them last month, but he doesn't do as much racing as he used to. More of a "brand ambassador" type of thing.

|

1/28/2019 10:57 AM

cheesmaster wrote: The rat with a blacked out fork and a cf habit.. thought the Cannondale sessions are on AL frames..

RatBoy to run the new Message Trust linkage fork

|

1/28/2019 11:00 AM

Santa Cruz trolling some more....
I think they ain't got shit! Haha ?

|

1/28/2019 11:10 AM

blaney372 wrote:

That looks like Loris's mechanic

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

1/28/2019 11:23 AM

pimpin gimp wrote:

I vaguely recall ValI Holl signing for 10 years or something with YT ages ago, or is that somebody else?

Hyperpower! wrote:

Has per this Pinkbike interview she signed a 6 year contract around 2013 so 2019 should be her last contract year with YT. Dunno if she has re-signed for more years since then,

Ah it knew it was something, cheers.

|

1/28/2019 11:44 AM

Broken_spoke.photo wrote:

That looks like Loris's mechanic

Palmer!

|

1/28/2019 12:19 PM

Ryan Dungey (of supercross/motocross fame) recently invested in Intense Cycles, alongside Jeff Majkrzak (co-owner of GEICO Honda), and Christy LaCurelle and Jon-Erik Burleson of the Two Wheel Group.

It'll be interesting to see how their motorsports experience can help the brand, as well as any possible team involvement in the future.

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.

1/28/2019 12:58 PM

The importance on racing is definitely explained with those investors and glad they're back!

|

1/28/2019 6:17 PM

Off Topic:

I wonder if this somehow affects Aaron's relationship with the local KTM dealership. When I was in the Palm Springs area late 2016, word on the street was that Gwin was sponsored by them on the moto side.

|

1/28/2019 7:22 PM

The plan is for Gwin to race a KTM Motorcycle in various hillclimb series in order for him to destress from DH racing and management duties, as well as balance his karmic duties to all of that downhill that he's destroyed.

|

1/28/2019 10:48 PM

blaney372 wrote:

Marcello?!

|

1/28/2019 11:39 PM

It must be Palmer. Look at the feathers, peacock enyone? Remember the gold suit? Def a peacock. Def Palmer.

But at what capacity at SC? hm....

|

1/28/2019 11:44 PM

And on a more evidence based observation. The nose gives him away.

For the Shreddy award for best photo recognition, mondraker boys, and Palmers nose.

I have looked at some photos.

|

1/28/2019 11:53 PM

SB14 wrote:

It must be Palmer. Look at the feathers, peacock enyone? Remember the gold suit? Def a peacock. Def Palmer.

But at what capacity at SC? hm....

Dude, have you seen a pic of Shaun Palmer lately. He is 50 years old. Unless SC will be sponsored by 'Just for Men' there is no way that's him.

|

1/29/2019 12:17 AM

blaney372 wrote:

The answer dropped today...they've got a new bike and a new hit song to go with it!

Carbon Chameleon and Karma Chameleon.

|

1/29/2019 1:05 AM

So much for my Shreddy Award...

|