2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

2/10/2019 5:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 5:20 AM

|

2/10/2019 6:09 AM

Barti_Attila wrote:

Well, there are a couple of interesting women's names on there, like Pauline Ferrand Prevot in the Canyon DH team, and also Noga Korem in the GT. Interesting that Cecile is not listed on the Commencal team.

iceman2058 wrote:

Cecile and her husband Cedric run the Ravanel Racing team, they are sponsored by Commencal but not part of the Commencal Vallnord Factory Team. Cécile does get support from the factory team whenever she races world cups though.

depeche4 wrote:

Thought they are brother and sister?

Nope. Husband and wife, just like the White Stripes...

|

2/10/2019 6:14 AM

clem-mk wrote:

It's a bit confusing with Enduro riders...Damien Oton not listed in Unior\Devinci too

The list published here now only deals with the teams registered for the UCI World Cup, nothing to do with the EWS. Some teams register some of their EWS riders for the UCI World Cup as well, in case they plan to or may want to do a race or two.

|

2/11/2019 2:08 AM

Greg and the longest contract of history?

|

2/11/2019 4:45 AM

vinicius gabrielli wrote:

Legends never die.

|

2/11/2019 4:56 AM

Bergsmannen wrote:

Legends never die.

In 2021 - he turns 40. Wish I see him little bit longer at WC races, especially fort william 2023 championship. GOAT

|

2/11/2019 5:55 AM

Bergsmannen wrote:

Legends never die.

AdamO wrote:

In 2021 - he turns 40. Wish I see him little bit longer at WC races, especially fort william 2023 championship. GOAT

In 2121 he turns 140!

|

2/11/2019 6:22 AM

it's the kind of commitment to a rider from a team the sport needs. One of the reasons santa cruz is so well respected. When they hire someone, they're in it for the long haul.

|

2/11/2019 7:35 AM

peecee wrote:

I see Cannondale! Let’s hope they show up in true form with a retro paint job!

Verbl Kint wrote:

Matt Simmonds listed as well. Looks like there will be a Cannondale DH bike.

I commented a while ago about this, saw a group of cannondale/GT employees riding at an east coast bike park, most of them on either the new habit or the GT fury but one guy was riding a blacked out prototype DH bike that looked like a super beefed up version of the new habit

|

2/11/2019 8:50 AM

There is a Cannondale DH bike coming.I was told this by one of the guys from Cannondale while at Corebike. They didn't say when but it's in the works

|

2/11/2019 8:58 AM

Bergsmannen wrote:

Legends never die.

AdamO wrote:

Oz_Taylor wrote:

In 2121 he turns 140!

139.99! Oh, wait. . . This isnt PB.

|

2/11/2019 2:07 PM

Anneke Beerten about to drop some news...stay tuned!

View this post on Instagram

New bike day! More news this Wednesday #excited @lil_viggs

A post shared by Anneke Beerten (@annekebeerten) on

|

2/11/2019 3:02 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

Hopefully it works out better for her than last year's new bike day....

|

2/11/2019 3:08 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

The UCI has made public the full list of teams registered for 2019, no major surprises left in here but we've pulled out the 30 most noteworthy teams as pertains to DH/gravity, see below. There's a another junior joining Vali Holl on SRAM TLD Racing, and the YT MOB has registered a fairly unknown rider next to Angel Suarez. Other than that, it's all been covered thoroughly in this thread already!

https://p.vitalmtb.com/uploads/2086/2019_UCI_Teams.jpg

Best of luck Chris @insync

|

2/11/2019 8:14 PM

Happy to see Dak still with devinci! Got to be some more moves still out there in the enduro world

|

2/12/2019 1:50 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

From AG’s latest story on the gram, looks to be thebig ‘S’ on the headtube of her bike

|

2/13/2019 7:36 AM

Spec announcement must be imminent now, can see Anneke riding that seafoam color sworks stumpy on gwins story. Wonder what team she will be on though with the spec factory team already announced. A solo program maybe?

|

2/13/2019 9:30 AM

12 PM PST?

|

2/13/2019 10:31 AM

It's official, Anneke Beerten is on her own program with support from Specialized and many more! Full announcement below:

“Specialized is pumped to partner with Anneke Beerten again! Her joyful energy, positive attitude, speed and style on the MTB, and fearlessness to huck-it are just a few of the many reasons why. We look forward to a great season of having fun on bikes with Anneke, on & off the race course.” – Fiona Swartz | Specialized USA Marketing

I am super excited about all the brands that I’ll get to work with this year through the program that I’ve put together for myself! It’s great to be back on Specialized and to work with a full list of brands who I believe in, and brands who believe in me and support my goals as an athlete and female in the industry.

With the support of Specialized and other rad sponsors like, DT- Swiss, Alpinestars, Crankbrothers, Arnicare, Evoc, Rylo, Oakley, I’ve been able to plan my year around both racing and giving back to the sport through content creation to visually share my passion, and by coaching, women and kids.

In 2019 you’ll see me at the full Crankworx Series, Sea Otter Classic, and some CES & EWS races.

I’m excited to also announce that I will be involved with the kids pumptrack clinic at the Crankworx Kidsworx event in Rotorua, coaching a Women Shred clinic in Arkansas, and will be an active ambassadors for The Specialized Foundation to get more kids on bikes, and a lot more! This year I’m most excited to sharing my passion and to get more people stoked on riding bikes.

“We could not be more excited to bring Anneke onboard with The Specialized Foundation and collaborate on some exciting projects this year. With her incredible success as an Enduro racer and a lifelong passion for riding bikes that started at age three, we cannot think of anyone better to inspire the next generation of riders and racers.” – Kaylee Blevins| Research and Programs Coordinator | The Specialized Foundation

I can’t thank everyone enough for their support and believing in my dreams and vision.

Let the good times roll!
- Anneke

2019 Partners:
Specialized: Frame, Tires, Saddles, Dropper-post, Bars, Shoes
DT-Swiss: Wheels, Fork
SRAM: Drivetrain
SRAM: Brakes
Crankbrothers: Pedals
Lizard Skins: Grips
Fox: Shock
Alpinestars: Gear, Protection and Helmets
EVOC: Bags
Arnicare: Homeopathic medicine and lotions
Rylo: Cameras
Oakley: Eyewear
RynoPower: Sports Supplements

|

2/13/2019 11:49 AM

Good to see her back in a fun spot. She seems to be one of the few athletes who performed best under the big S. a rare feat (I know, she isn’t under Spesh Factory now, but still)

|

2/13/2019 3:06 PM

Homeopathic medicines and lotions?

|

2/13/2019 3:17 PM

jimmypop wrote:

Homeopathic medicines and lotions?

...and Ryno Power, sounds great!

|

2/13/2019 10:06 PM

You have to offset the banned substances in the nutritional supplements with that good, highly dliuted stuff of homeopathic medicine.

|

2/22/2019 11:28 AM

|

2/26/2019 3:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2019 4:01 PM

What bike is this? Kinda looks like a Banshee.

A post shared by Downhill24 Hours (@downhill24h) on

|

2/26/2019 5:56 PM

Which team has Shimano footwear, Cush Core, Foxhead clothing, and Crankbrothers as sponsors? And which manufacturer uses a linkage like that?

I don't think it's a Banshee.

|

2/26/2019 6:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2019 6:13 PM

Also SDG. New Cannondale DH bike?

|

2/26/2019 6:17 PM

It is Sebastian Macura's bike,well it's on his instagram anyways.

|

2/26/2019 9:56 PM

The style looks kinda Banshee, elements of it kinda look like a Transition, but the linkage is off, etc.

Given that it's Sebastian Macura and that he has some Polish sponsors, i think he's from that part of the world and thinking this might be some local prototype?

|

2/26/2019 10:30 PM

Verbl Kint wrote:

Which team has Shimano footwear, Cush Core, Foxhead clothing, and Crankbrothers as sponsors? And which manufacturer uses a linkage like that?

I don't think it's a Banshee.

What's needed is a bar end sponsor.

|

@jason_gainey