2019 Racing Rumors

Primoz
1/16/2019 7:09am
He was on TLD clothing before as well, while the team was running Scott clothing. This part didn't change.

Oh, and no more BOS, they are back to FOX suspension.
hairyyy
1/16/2019 7:20am
Primoz wrote:
Interesting that Brendan is second in the lineup everywhere and, besides clothing, is the odd man out on Enve, when the others are on Mavic wheels...
Interesting that Brendan is second in the lineup everywhere and, besides clothing, is the odd man out on Enve, when the others are on Mavic wheels. Any other differences?
mavic own enve.
.arGh!
1/16/2019 7:35am
Primoz wrote:
Interesting that Brendan is second in the lineup everywhere and, besides clothing, is the odd man out on Enve, when the others are on Mavic wheels...
Interesting that Brendan is second in the lineup everywhere and, besides clothing, is the odd man out on Enve, when the others are on Mavic wheels. Any other differences?
hairyyy wrote:
mavic own enve.
did anyone ever ride down rampage on enves?
vweb
1/16/2019 7:38am
Primoz wrote:
hairyyy wrote:
mavic own enve.
.arGh! wrote:
Conor MacFarlane.
watchcwgo
1/16/2019 7:47am
I was wondering about the wheels too! Enves are probably the most expensive downhill rims a non sponsored team could buy and they weren’t exactly flawless under the syndicate in 29” last season. The new deemax seem like killer wheels though
1/16/2019 7:47am
hairyyy wrote:
mavic own enve.
.arGh! wrote:
vweb wrote:
Conor MacFarlane.
People huck Rampage on Stan's Flow. Many carbon wheels are WAY stronger than those.
qblambda
1/16/2019 7:47am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2019 8:06am
Primoz wrote:
He was on TLD clothing before as well, while the team was running Scott clothing. This part didn't change. Oh, and no more BOS, they are...
He was on TLD clothing before as well, while the team was running Scott clothing. This part didn't change.

Oh, and no more BOS, they are back to FOX suspension.
No one earth experienced a good support from BOS tho...
And the Obsys is far away over 3kg!
1/16/2019 7:50am
watchcwgo wrote:
I was wondering about the wheels too! Enves are probably the most expensive downhill rims a non sponsored team could buy and they weren’t exactly flawless...
I was wondering about the wheels too! Enves are probably the most expensive downhill rims a non sponsored team could buy and they weren’t exactly flawless under the syndicate in 29” last season. The new deemax seem like killer wheels though
The Syndicate had a much lower rim consumption when going over to Enves.
.arGh!
1/16/2019 7:57am
.arGh! wrote:
vweb wrote:
Conor MacFarlane.
baronKanon wrote:
People huck Rampage on Stan's Flow. Many carbon wheels are WAY stronger than those.
i wasnt implying something, just wondering…
metadave
1/16/2019 8:00am
Primoz wrote:
hairyyy wrote:
mavic own enve.
To be more specific, Amer sports owns Mavic and Enve. They used some of the Enve's carbon experience to help develop the new Mavic Carbon wheels. They also own among others Atomic and Armada skis's, Salomon, and Arc'teryx.
shreda
1/16/2019 8:05am
Primoz wrote:
Brendan is on DMR cranks VS the rest on RaceFace
then Deity parts on Brendans bike VS Syncros on the rest...
BiNARYBiKE
1/16/2019 8:40am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2019 8:41am
Primoz wrote:
hairyyy wrote:
mavic own enve.
.arGh! wrote:
Also Logan Binggeli
1/16/2019 9:24am
sspomer wrote:
bigger shot of flo on the gambler [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/01/16/7395/s1200_florent_payet_02_action_2019.jpg[/img]
bigger shot of flo on the gambler

Verbl Kint wrote:
Is the drivetrain - Saint + RaceFace? That looks like a rapid fire shifter to me. Bike looks good (even if it does look like a...
Is the drivetrain - Saint + RaceFace? That looks like a rapid fire shifter to me.

Bike looks good (even if it does look like a session). Hope this new team can make things happen with it.
Looks like trp derailleur that gwin tested last year to me :
https://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/WORLD-CHAMPS-BIKE-Aaron-Gwins-…
noot
1/16/2019 9:39am
Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed already - but how does the new Scott DH Factory relate to Velosolutions? More specifically, how does Claudio fit in, if at all?
Bigburd
1/16/2019 9:41am
Looks like a Kona from the early 2000's reimagined in carbon.
DubC
1/16/2019 9:41am
gorgorbay wrote:
Interestingly, I just found out that the Scott DH factory team news was out in a french local newspaper website since the 12th

https://www.midilibre.fr/2019/01/12/vtt-le-team-scott-dh-factory-a-larb…
sspomer wrote:
that's so awesome!!!
This is why the french are dominating mtb - they are all too busy riding while the rest of us are playing guessing games about internet rumors.
1/16/2019 9:43am
noot wrote:
Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed already - but how does the new Scott DH Factory relate to Velosolutions? More specifically, how does Claudio fit...
Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed already - but how does the new Scott DH Factory relate to Velosolutions? More specifically, how does Claudio fit in, if at all?
It doesn't and he doesn't. Full on Scott Factory Run team
1/16/2019 9:44am
sspomer wrote:
bigger shot of flo on the gambler [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/01/16/7395/s1200_florent_payet_02_action_2019.jpg[/img]

Verbl Kint wrote:
Is the drivetrain - Saint + RaceFace? That looks like a rapid fire shifter to me. Bike looks good (even if it does look like a...
Is the drivetrain - Saint + RaceFace? That looks like a rapid fire shifter to me.

Bike looks good (even if it does look like a session). Hope this new team can make things happen with it.
anyone noticed gwin's trp rear mech on the new gambler?
vweb
1/16/2019 10:45am
sspomer wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

anyone noticed gwin's trp rear mech on the new gambler?
5 posts earlier ?
Oz_Taylor
1/16/2019 11:59am
watchcwgo wrote:
I was wondering about the wheels too! Enves are probably the most expensive downhill rims a non sponsored team could buy and they weren’t exactly flawless...
Syndicate were on SC Reserve rims last season.

Not sure I understand your point really. Do you really think Fairclough buys his own rims?
Rb
1/16/2019 12:03pm
Samwell wrote:
Dorval am team teasing us on Instagram... 5 riders!
Fun fact: Dorval has ~$700MM Euro AUM. https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/DORCONN:FP

Hilarious that these guys randomly decided to sponsor a UCI DH team when they could literally buy the entire mountain bike industry.

(Although their 1Y ROE is fooking terrible)
Gnarnia420
1/16/2019 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2019 1:37pm
TLD just pretty much confirmed one of the Intense Factory Riders by posting this in their IG story.

1/16/2019 2:26pm
Sorry, bit late... Suddenly realised there is no mention of Jackson Frew moving to Kona in the Miranda Miller piece.

Could be a) It is a Miranda Miller piece. Not a Kona Team announcement. b) Jackson is doing a similar thing as last year where he runs his own team, but now not with Commencal bikes but with Kona.

When I saw him riding his new Kona Operator I didn’t look at his clothing good enough to remember what it was...
1/16/2019 2:36pm
i hinted at it about a dozen pages ago after cannonball, someone else mentioned his name as the rider i was hinting at then everyone went of o a tyrant about how it was someone else haha
1/16/2019 2:38pm
Sorry, bit late... Suddenly realised there is no mention of Jackson Frew moving to Kona in the Miranda Miller piece. Could be a) It is a...
Sorry, bit late... Suddenly realised there is no mention of Jackson Frew moving to Kona in the Miranda Miller piece.

Could be a) It is a Miranda Miller piece. Not a Kona Team announcement. b) Jackson is doing a similar thing as last year where he runs his own team, but now not with Commencal bikes but with Kona.

When I saw him riding his new Kona Operator I didn’t look at his clothing good enough to remember what it was...
also he was on leatt still at cannonball
1/16/2019 2:39pm
No, you are right. He is already on his Kona for weeks. He is easily spotted at Thredbo Wink

Did you notice any sponsors on his jersey? I can only remember seeing him in jersey with no sponsors on it?

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest