2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

1/14/2019 1:47 PM

Gees Instagram post, the latest one, what brakes are on the bike? Trickstuff?

|

1/14/2019 1:51 PM

To add fuel the the Athertons on Marin fire, Marin just looked to have dropped an enduro with the exact same rear triangle/linkage as the polygon. We already knew Marin owned polygon so nothing new there but confirming they are happy to basically recycle bikes from one to another should be a good indicator the DH bike will probly be next and just need a team to ride it.

|

1/14/2019 1:56 PM

It's the other way around with Polygon being the owner of Marin the bike dropped over a year ago:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/marin-wolf-ridge-first-ride.html

_MK

|

1/14/2019 1:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2019 1:58 PM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

To add fuel the the Athertons on Marin fire, Marin just looked to have dropped an enduro with the exact same rear triangle/linkage as the polygon. We already knew Marin owned polygon so nothing new there but confirming they are happy to basically recycle bikes from one to another should be a good indicator the DH bike will probly be next and just need a team to ride it.

Polygon and Marin both launched this bike years ago!

|

1/14/2019 2:19 PM

Best (or worst) prediction for 2019: Athertons on Marin Xquare one clone with Trust the DH prototype fork, the ugliest bike the world has ever seen, Gee and Rach win all races by margins even Vali cant reach in junior women, the world burns.

|

1/14/2019 2:28 PM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

Marin have had the Wolfridge for a while.

|

1/14/2019 2:49 PM

My Bad, dont follow either brand but just seen the Marin pop up in my news feed on facebook so i thought it must have been new.

Carry on haha

|

1/14/2019 3:02 PM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

My Bad, dont follow either brand but just seen the Marin pop up in my news feed on facebook so i thought it must have been new.

Carry on haha

Lil trigger happy there, eh Sherlock?

|

1/14/2019 3:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2019 3:05 PM

Karabuka wrote:

Best (or worst) prediction for 2019: Athertons on Marin Xquare one clone with Trust the DH prototype fork, the ugliest bike the world has ever seen, Gee and Rach win all races by margins even Vali cant reach in junior women, the world burns.

Xquare one = 1 square person in that drawing??

Hmmm...!

|

1/14/2019 4:03 PM

Graham Agassiz spotted on the same flight as Jeff Kendal-weed! Best bet that he is going down to santa cruz to his next brand.

|

2017 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR expert 29er
2015 Specialized Camber Comp Custom Build

1/14/2019 4:15 PM

Broken_spoke.photo wrote:

Graham Agassiz spotted on the same flight as Jeff Kendal-weed! Best bet that he is going down to santa cruz to his next brand.

It would be about time that they made a DH bike.

|

1/14/2019 4:45 PM

Big Bird wrote:

It would be about time that they made a DH bike.

New driver 8 actually. 26" only.

|

1/14/2019 4:58 PM

metadave wrote:

I heard the same thing... it also only comes in aluminum.

|

1/14/2019 5:26 PM

millsr4 wrote:

Steel is real.

|

1/14/2019 5:41 PM

Karabuka wrote:

shreda wrote:

Xquare one = 1 square person in that drawing??

Hmmm...!

I thought they were calling Gee a robot. Lol

|

1/14/2019 5:44 PM

metadave wrote:

millsr4 wrote:

Big Bird wrote:

Steel is real.

Aluminum is not Steel, but yes, Steel is real.

|

@jason_gainey

1/14/2019 7:23 PM

Miranda Miller and Finn Isles on Iron Horse. Confirmed 100% true!

|

1/14/2019 7:38 PM

That is definitely Reece Wilson in the back. I guess this proves what we already knew.
|

1/14/2019 7:39 PM

News better come out soon. Y’all is gettin cray.

|

1/14/2019 9:29 PM

Baptiste Pierron has hidden his bike, but we already know that he is in Sram-Rockshox, and it looks like a Commencal...

Brendog’s bike look like a V10...

|

1/15/2019 1:11 AM

Fairclough is still riding in Scott clothing. I wonder if they’ve changed the design of the Gambler as that one he’s flipping looks nothing like the current model.

|

1/15/2019 1:45 AM

swadd1er wrote:

Fairclough is still riding in Scott clothing. I wonder if they’ve changed the design of the Gambler as that one he’s flipping looks nothing like the current model.

Heard from a source that it's the carbon version of the proto they were running last season, available to the public shortly

|

1/15/2019 1:48 AM

swadd1er wrote:

turkey7 wrote:

Heard from a source that it's the carbon version of the proto they were running last season, available to the public shortly

From what you can make out from the flipping photo, the top tube angle looks incredibly steep compared to the proto Gamblers we seen last season. Anyone know what happened with Bos? Looks like he’s back on Fox this season.

|

1/15/2019 2:18 AM

swadd1er wrote:

turkey7 wrote:

swadd1er wrote:

From what you can make out from the flipping photo, the top tube angle looks incredibly steep compared to the proto Gamblers we seen last season. Anyone know what happened with Bos? Looks like he’s back on Fox this season.

You have to remember they were using the 2017 front triangle on the proto so I can only imagine that will be changed but the overall design is definitely how the proto was

|

1/15/2019 3:53 AM

ChoucheTV wrote:

Baptiste Pierron has hidden his bike, but we already know that he is in Sram-Rockshox, and it looks like a Commencal...

If you zoom in the picture of Pierron, you will read Mondraker

Brendan is wearing TLD Scott gear.

|

1/15/2019 4:24 AM

ChoucheTV wrote:

PolkaDot wrote:

It kinda looks like “cannondale” in the jersey.

|

2017 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR expert 29er
2015 Specialized Camber Comp Custom Build

1/15/2019 4:45 AM

Zoom in. Its quite visible and its written Mondraker

|

1/15/2019 5:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2019 5:11 AM

PolkaDot wrote:

That looks like an old World Champs jersey... he has been on Mondraker for the last few years and it has been stated several times in this thread that he is moving to a new bike sponsor.

|

1/15/2019 5:11 AM

PolkaDot wrote:

PolkaDot wrote:

2018 jersey maybe ?

|

1/15/2019 5:13 AM

PolkaDot wrote:

vweb wrote:

2018 jersey maybe ?

Yeah, there are plenty of pictures of him riding in that jersey from last season.

Hopefully, nobody in here is actually a detective for their job haha

|