2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

1/17/2019 12:20 AM

Kiwi Matt Walker on Pivot:

Tempe, Arizona - January 17, 2019 - Matt Walker joins Bernard Kerr, Emilie Siegenthaler and Ed Masters on the Pivot Factory Racing Team for the 2019 season. The 28-year-old racer from Christchurch, New Zealand will focus on Downhill World Cups, EWS and Crankworx events. “It’s the whole package that makes this the dream team,” says Walker. “I have amazing bikes and a bunch of legends to feed off and push each other all while having a few laughs along the way!”

Matt Walker is no stranger to Pivot Cycles racing them on and off early in his racing career. “I’m always drawn back to them as they have been hands down my favorite bikes to ride,” he says. Matt's first major race with the team will be Crankworx Rotorua - an event he excels at, leaving with the points lead in the King of Crankworx competition on more than one occasion.

|

1/17/2019 12:22 AM

TwinkletoesLarry wrote:

So are we going to finally see the press announcement from Intense today??

Probably not. On the 10th they said T-8 days. So tomorrow...?

|

1/17/2019 12:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 2:52 AM

iceman2058 wrote: Miranda Miller on Kona.

waldog wrote:

Really?

Wow! 5 down votes... the sarcasm meter must be broken around here...

|

1/17/2019 12:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 12:24 AM

TwinkletoesLarry wrote:

So are we going to finally see the press announcement from Intense today??

Edit

|

1/17/2019 1:42 AM

Mwood wrote:

So as this is all about the rummazzzz, what major bike company/account got hackz'd?

all the big pro's both mtb and road follow it...

Also, it's for sale- $100 gets ya half a million....

Also, whats up with Dak Norton? no more Devinci?

That would be a bummer as he was the best rider on that team, but they were probably the most unlucky team with all the injuries...

|

1/17/2019 2:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 2:56 AM

Mwood wrote:

So as this is all about the rummazzzz, what major bike company/account got hackz'd?

I believe that the IG account belonged to Ronnie Mac (or his creator) and for some reason some Russian stole it and has now sold it to a Turkish kid, which is why a whole lot of the Pro's follow an empty account. I realised when looking through who I'm following and spotted the account!

As for Dak Norton, I have nothing..

|

1/17/2019 4:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 4:53 AM

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

So sleuths correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't the Scott prototype that was ripping around last year a high pivot FSR design with an idler pulley?? It looks like they've ditched the high pivot and idler wheels for a more standard FSR/four bar design. I feel like people were buzzing (myself included) because the proto design was so unique and drew a lot of curiosity (along with the GT which was essentially the same design). Now it's just another carbon FSR bike. . . Meh...

The hp idler was bodged on as an afterthought.

|

1/17/2019 4:58 AM

Primoz wrote:

Interesting that Brendan is second in the lineup everywhere and, besides clothing, is the odd man out on Enve, when the others are on Mavic wheels. Any other differences?

hairyyy wrote:

mavic own enve.

metadave wrote:

To be more specific, Amer sports owns Mavic and Enve. They used some of the Enve's carbon experience to help develop the new Mavic Carbon wheels. They also own among others Atomic and Armada skis's, Salomon, and Arc'teryx.

Dunno about using enve experience, the demax was out less than a year after that deal

|

1/17/2019 5:52 AM

danposs86 wrote:

No, it was pretty similar to the new carbon Gambler.

https://image.redbull.com/rbcom/052/2018-04-19/b93d3886-367d-4eef-aa3b-4bd1e1ca43b4/0012/0/0/3/1331/2000/1500/1/gaetan-vige-scott-gambler-prototype-2018.jpg

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

Interesting, I guess they were testing it out in both forms. Here's Brendog and Gaetan both using an idler pulley.

It likely had something to do with the main pivot point placement on the old triangle. I know it had a lot of chain growth and would rip short cage derailleurs off at full squish. They probably needed the idler to run that drivetrain. The main pivot on the new triangle is lower and behind the bottom bracket so not as much chain growth.

|

1/17/2019 6:51 AM

Charlie Harrison confirmed for Trek Factory Racing
|

1/17/2019 7:04 AM

17 seconds, you are keen haha!

|

1/17/2019 8:16 AM

even @rachybox is addicted to the team rumors. all i wanna know is what their deal is this year!

|

1/17/2019 8:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 8:24 AM

I've told you its marin r3act with trust fork 😂

|

1/17/2019 8:41 AM

Breaking news, Athertons to quit MTB DH racing and do jetski racing.

2STROKE WEEK! https://youtu.be/DVQVsdqfhPg?t=243

|

1/17/2019 8:43 AM

would love it to be Marin with the Athertons. Would be good to see that name back up there.

|

1/17/2019 8:50 AM

StainedSilver wrote:

would love it to be Marin with the Athertons. Would be good to see that name back up there.

Not sure my eyes could take looking at that DH bike though. I already have to avert my eyes when Polygon UR is on track.

|

I'm Slow

1/17/2019 8:52 AM

I would be surprised if Athertons to Marin happens, but then again, I didn't think the Gwin to Intense deal would happen.. I would still think Athertons to Norco seems likely...

R3act frame with a Trust fork.... 🤢

|

1/17/2019 8:59 AM

StainedSilver wrote:

ryan_daugherty wrote:

Not sure my eyes could take looking at that DH bike though. I already have to avert my eyes when Polygon UR is on track.

Eye of the beholder I guess. I much prefer that frame with a double crown. It's grown on me alot.

|

1/17/2019 9:35 AM

Bell Helmets + Commencal Vallnord. full deets about the team shortly, though it's not hard to see the bulk of it in the vid.

|

1/17/2019 9:51 AM

CindyHowLovesPow wrote:

I believe that the IG account belonged to Ronnie Mac (or his creator) and for some reason some Russian stole it and has now sold it to a Turkish kid, which is why a whole lot of the Pro's follow an empty account. I realised when looking through who I'm following and spotted the account!

Good sleuthing and may Ronnie Mac RIP...

Really hoping something lines up for Dak, most humble and hard working dude.

|

1/17/2019 9:59 AM

full commencal / vallnord press release here.
https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-release/COMMENCAL-VALLNORD-DH-TEAM-SIGNS-WITH-ENVE-AND-BELL,2481 - they're on enve wheels and cockpit, chris king bits and bell helmets. no team rider changes.

the coolest part of the PR besides the nasty roost and whips being thrown is seeing the bikes with the stock idler and the modified one. it's just like they did last year, but it looks like they have a cleaner version of the multi-position idler.

|

1/17/2019 10:03 AM

Mwood wrote:

CindyHowLovesPow wrote:

Mwood wrote:

Where did you guys see anything about Dak being off unior?

|

1/17/2019 10:08 AM

”Finally” joining forces with Bell Helmets, as if winning the lottery throws a bit of shade to another helmet sponsor that happens to have stayed on board as a clothing sponsor, iXS. Not exactly smooth communication, if you ask me... But nobody asks me, so it doesn't matter anyway. )

I never knew teams have such a high desire to join Bell.

|

1/17/2019 10:49 AM

Remaining riders : Benoit Coulanges and Mariana Salazar and ?
New riders ?
|

1/17/2019 10:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 10:59 AM

Dont know if that was posted earlier.. @loicbruni29

|

1/17/2019 11:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2019 11:23 AM

The blue Commençal jersey reminds me of the blue jersey of the former team Sunn! Is it a wink?

|

1/17/2019 11:15 AM

CindyHowLovesPow wrote:

Mwood wrote:

RyanMalinchak wrote:

Where did you guys see anything about Dak being off unior?

I just saw him riding the Devinci Sabbath, I think (hope) he’s staying put!

|

1/17/2019 11:24 AM

andreastheodorou wrote:

?? That's Loic's mechanic no? Nothing to see there. I bet his demo does work at its best when he's around..

|

1/17/2019 11:39 AM

andreastheodorou wrote:

StainedSilver wrote:

?? That's Loic's mechanic no? Nothing to see there. I bet his demo does work at its best when he's around..

The rim states that it is a 29er. I see another discussion about a bike coming in this thread...

|

1/17/2019 11:45 AM

K_Enduro wrote:

The rim states that it is a 29er. I see another discussion about a bike coming in this thread...

Well you brought it up... 😉 Wonder if he's been doing the old penny farthing trick like Neko on the old demo. Doesn't look like the new 29r frame.

|