2019 Racing Rumors

sspomer
1/22/2019 6:49am
as noted above, mondraker on michelin and mavic. brage vestavik, thibault laly and eleonora farina are on the squad, too. here's the official PR text
---------------------
The MS Mondraker Team partners up with Michelin tires and Mavic wheels.

The MS Mondraker team is proud to announce the new partnership with Michelin tires and Mavic wheels. Furthermore we appreciate to continue our long term cooperation with Shimano, Fox suspension, Renthal and e-thirteen chain guides and we are happy to present Race Face as new sponsor for seats and seat posts.

Together we start into the 2019 worldcup season with the factory riders Laurie Greenland, Brook MacDonald and Mike Jones. This lineup will be completed by a restructured co-factory lineup including Brage Vestavik, Eleonora Farina and Thibault Laly.

The biggest news for 2019 for us is the comeback of Michelin tires into the mountain bike worldcup. Well known from their performance in the late 90s and early 2000s there was a kind of myth around the comeback of Michelin into the downhill worldcup and we are more than happy to be part of it. We will help to give their new tire range with the Michelin DH22, the Michelin DH 34 and the Michelin DH MUD the last fine-tuning and Michelin will help us to aim for the top.

"We are so pleased to join of the MS Mondraker “family”. It is a very experienced team within the downhill championship, which is sharing with us a continuous way of improvement spirit, and which is bright and ambitious. I am sure that this cooperation will be a success and will help us to progress in our tire development in order to place our product as a market reference.”
Ulrike Ristau – Hutter Michelin Bicycle Business Development Director

The new tires will be mounted on Mavic wheels, which is the big comeback for the MS Mondraker team. Mavic and the MS Mondraker team had a successful history with several podiums of Emmeline Ragot and the first world cup victory of Brook MacDonald in 2012 in Val d’Isere. In 2019 we will race on the well known Mavic Deemax wheels and the help of the Mavic race support.

"Team MS Mondraker and the riders like to push the limits, and Mavic is stoked to be a part of the program. We have some great new Deemax wheels for the team this year, and we excited to see them race."
Scott Sharples, Mavic MTB Concept manager

MS Mondraker Team bike:
frame: Mondraker Summum
fork/ shock: Fox suspension
tires: Michelin
drivetrain/ brakes: Shimano
wheels: Mavic
bar, stem, grips: Renthal
saddle/ seat post: Race Face
chainguides: e-thirteen
The MS Mondraker team is looking forward to an ambitious season. After a good but hard 2018 season, with some good results and big setbacks Laurie, Brook and Mike aiming for the top

New for 2019 is also a restructured co-factory program. The Italian girl Eleonora Farina and French man Thibault Laly will join the remaining Norwegian rider Brage Vestavik. All three of them showed their potential in the past and the MS Mondraker Team is happy to welcome them. The mission is to help Farina to tie in with her fabulous results of 2017, Thibault to enter the top 30 and to help Brage to frequently qualify for the top 60 UCI worldcup finals.

The season has not started yet and we are in reloading mode, but stay tuned to not miss the latest news and follow us on our facebook page as well as on our instagram site.

metadave
1/22/2019 7:28am
Not sure if anyone else feels this way, but the deemax yellow on the blue/red/black frame is looking good
1/22/2019 7:51am
metadave wrote:
Not sure if anyone else feels this way, but the deemax yellow on the blue/red/black frame is looking good
Bruh, DeeMax yellow goes with everything
laxguy
1/22/2019 7:53am
metadave wrote:
Bruh, DeeMax yellow goes with everything
goes better than RockShox Red
Pykes
1/22/2019 8:56am
Is it a fact that people who move to Fox from another brand have a very good year? Moir is on a winner this year beys
Juanjo
1/22/2019 9:41am
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/01/21/7449/s1200_IMG_20190122_065011.jpg[/img]

shreda wrote:
What kind of rims are these?? Don‘t really look like E13!
not sure if that gwin signature lg1 rims but that is for sure ethirteen lg1 crank arm
People take it easy, we all know that Gwin is on Intense, is the worst kept secret from the team rumours, so relax, keep calm and get ready for tomorrow
1/22/2019 9:53am
Juanjo wrote:
People take it easy, we all know that Gwin is on Intense, is the worst kept secret from the team rumours, so relax, keep calm and...
People take it easy, we all know that Gwin is on Intense, is the worst kept secret from the team rumours, so relax, keep calm and get ready for tomorrow
Sir. SIR!!! This is team rumors. Relaxation doesn't exist here.
diegoahh5
1/22/2019 9:55am
shreda wrote:
What kind of rims are these?? Don‘t really look like E13!
clem-mk wrote:
And this isn't maxxis tire right??
Aushred wrote:
Looks like there is an LG sticker there, on the rim, and that’s an Onza tire I believe.
I ride Kenda Hellkat tires, and this definitely looks like a Kenda Hellkat... Pinch

Juanjo
1/22/2019 9:57am
Juanjo wrote:
People take it easy, we all know that Gwin is on Intense, is the worst kept secret from the team rumours, so relax, keep calm and...
Sir. SIR!!! This is team rumors. Relaxation doesn't exist here.
hahaha Agree, I was only trying to make people calm Laughing
1/22/2019 11:33am
brimmergj wrote:
Looks to be a Kenda Hellkat tire and Mallet pedals. Does Jack use Crank Bros? Any idea on the shifter? TRP, Sram?
Definitely Kenda tires, you can see the three little "cat claw" marks on the alternating side knobs.
1/22/2019 12:17pm
sspomer wrote:
as noted above, mondraker on michelin and mavic. brage vestavik, thibault laly and eleonora farina are on the squad, too. here's the official PR text ---------------------...
as noted above, mondraker on michelin and mavic. brage vestavik, thibault laly and eleonora farina are on the squad, too. here's the official PR text
---------------------

The MS Mondraker team is proud to announce the new partnership with Michelin tires and Mavic wheels. Furthermore we appreciate to continue our long term cooperation with Shimano, Fox suspension, Renthal and e-thirteen chain guides and we are happy to present Race Face as new sponsor for seats and seat posts.

Together we start into the 2019 worldcup season with the factory riders Laurie Greenland, Brook MacDonald and Mike Jones. This lineup will be completed by a restructured co-factory lineup including Brage Vestavik, Eleonora Farina and Thibault Laly.

The biggest news for 2019 for us is the comeback of Michelin tires into the mountain bike worldcup. Well known from their performance in the late 90s and early 2000s there was a kind of myth around the comeback of Michelin into the downhill worldcup and we are more than happy to be part of it. We will help to give their new tire range with the Michelin DH22, the Michelin DH 34 and the Michelin DH MUD the last fine-tuning and Michelin will help us to aim for the top.

"We are so pleased to join of the MS Mondraker “family”. It is a very experienced team within the downhill championship, which is sharing with us a continuous way of improvement spirit, and which is bright and ambitious. I am sure that this cooperation will be a success and will help us to progress in our tire development in order to place our product as a market reference.”

The new tires will be mounted on Mavic wheels, which is the big comeback for the MS Mondraker team. Mavic and the MS Mondraker team had a successful history with several podiums of Emmeline Ragot and the first world cup victory of Brook MacDonald in 2012 in Val d’Isere. In 2019 we will race on the well known Mavic Deemax wheels and the help of the Mavic race support.

"Team MS Mondraker and the riders like to push the limits, and Mavic is stoked to be a part of the program. We have some great new Deemax wheels for the team this year, and we excited to see them race."

MS Mondraker Team bike:
The MS Mondraker team is looking forward to an ambitious season. After a good but hard 2018 season, with some good results and big setbacks Laurie, Brook and Mike aiming for the top

New for 2019 is also a restructured co-factory program. The Italian girl Eleonora Farina and French man Thibault Laly will join the remaining Norwegian rider Brage Vestavik. All three of them showed their potential in the past and the MS Mondraker Team is happy to welcome them. The mission is to help Farina to tie in with her fabulous results of 2017, Thibault to enter the top 30 and to help Brage to frequently qualify for the top 60 UCI worldcup finals.

The season has not started yet and we are in reloading mode, but stay tuned to not miss the latest news and follow us on our facebook page as well as on our instagram site.

So we have seen what looks to be the DH 22, has anyone see the DH34 in person or photos floating around?? I wonder if it's a full tread design or a fast roller?
1/22/2019 1:27pm
Tom Vansteenbergen off Trek C3 [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/01/22/7467/s1200_81C6F350_D04E_4B3C_9C7D_A70F1C263698.jpg[/img]
Tom Vansteenbergen off Trek C3

Commencal, they have signed a few free ride guys for 2019 it’s a good fit
fclinder
1/22/2019 1:51pm
So we have seen what looks to be the DH 22, has anyone see the DH34 in person or photos floating around?? I wonder if it's...
So we have seen what looks to be the DH 22, has anyone see the DH34 in person or photos floating around?? I wonder if it's a full tread design or a fast roller?
Have ridden and R&D tires for Michelin in the past for almost 10 years. I would bet the DH32 will be a larger air volume tire with larger lugs much like the old Comp32. Note: I do not ride for them now, but do ride for Continental Tires.

The most successful DH tires of all time would have been the Comp16 and Comp32. All the DH racers back in the day ran them, even if they were sponsored by another brand. They would just mark out the labels and stick their sponsors stickers on them.

They Comp16 and Comp32 also laid the foundation and design for what most successful DH tires are modeled after today.
casey79
1/22/2019 3:04pm
Tom Vansteenbergen off Trek C3 [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/01/22/7467/s1200_81C6F350_D04E_4B3C_9C7D_A70F1C263698.jpg[/img]

By the use of the devil emoji my $$ are on Evil.
Darth_Sloth
1/22/2019 3:10pm
Also just noticed, Ru Cunningham in 100% kit in the new Vital RAW. Trek Factory Enduro off Endura and on 100% to match the DH team?
JamesR_2026
1/22/2019 3:14pm
fclinder wrote:
Have ridden and R&D tires for Michelin in the past for almost 10 years. I would bet the DH32 will be a larger air volume tire...
Have ridden and R&D tires for Michelin in the past for almost 10 years. I would bet the DH32 will be a larger air volume tire with larger lugs much like the old Comp32. Note: I do not ride for them now, but do ride for Continental Tires.

The most successful DH tires of all time would have been the Comp16 and Comp32. All the DH racers back in the day ran them, even if they were sponsored by another brand. They would just mark out the labels and stick their sponsors stickers on them.

They Comp16 and Comp32 also laid the foundation and design for what most successful DH tires are modeled after today.
That statement holds for the late 90s only! The Comp 16 and Comp 24 were successful and popular up until the point Maxxis released the High Roller in Super Tacky. From that point on they were redundant. That would have been around 2001. Comp 32s barely got a run at all!
It would have to be about 90% of World Cup wins since then on Maxxis.
1/22/2019 3:15pm

casey79 wrote:
By the use of the devil emoji my $$ are on Evil.
Thats a good pic actually, may mean they have a DH bike coming?
1/22/2019 3:22pm
clem-mk wrote:
And this isn't maxxis tire right??
Aushred wrote:
Looks like there is an LG sticker there, on the rim, and that’s an Onza tire I believe.
diegoahh5 wrote:
I ride Kenda Hellkat tires, and this definitely looks like a Kenda Hellkat... :pinch: [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/01/22/7455/s1200_2018_Kenda_Hellkat_Pro_Enduro_mountain_bike_tire02.jpg[/img]
I ride Kenda Hellkat tires, and this definitely looks like a Kenda Hellkat... Pinch

It's not gwins tire, the aquilla, the nobes on the side and middle don't line up like they do on the aquilla.
1/22/2019 3:24pm
That could make sense with the signing of Norbs. I was surprised when they announced that they didn't have a full fledged DH bike in the line up for 2018.
taldfind
1/22/2019 4:18pm
That could make sense with the signing of Norbs. I was surprised when they announced that they didn't have a full fledged DH bike in the...
That could make sense with the signing of Norbs. I was surprised when they announced that they didn't have a full fledged DH bike in the line up for 2018.
When I last talked to Evil in 2014, they told me they have no plans to make another DH bike. That said, if they changed their mind a couple of years later, then 2019 would be a likely year to go into production. However, most of their new bikes have been spotted and reported on mtbr.com months to a year before the official release, and I can't find anything about an Evil proto DH bike running aound the woods.
fclinder
1/22/2019 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2019 4:51pm
fclinder wrote:
Have ridden and R&D tires for Michelin in the past for almost 10 years. I would bet the DH32 will be a larger air volume tire...

That statement holds for the late 90s only! The Comp 16 and Comp 24 were successful and popular up until the point Maxxis released the High...
That statement holds for the late 90s only! The Comp 16 and Comp 24 were successful and popular up until the point Maxxis released the High Roller in Super Tacky. From that point on they were redundant. That would have been around 2001. Comp 32s barely got a run at all!
It would have to be about 90% of World Cup wins since then on Maxxis.
Not 100% all true. I will say Maxxis did do well in the early 2000's, but the Michelin Comp 16 and 32 were still the top tire choice of Pro's into the early/mid 2000s.

I was mainly stating that Michelin set the standard and design for even tires of today. A lot of people think the High Roller set the path, but it was the Comp16 that did. A lot of tires out there today, including the High Roller still have a very similar lug pattern as the Comp 16.

Lets just say a lot of us were very disappointed when Michelin discontinued all their DH tires in the mid 2000's.

Now back to TEAM Rumors!
boogenman
1/22/2019 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2019 5:19pm
Beat me to i
1/22/2019 5:24pm
Tomorrow’s the day ? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/01/22/7468/s1200_D0142775_581E_42C7_A60D_BE07C4EE0F5B.jpg[/img]
Tomorrow’s the day ?
Is that Ryan Dungey on the right?
1/22/2019 5:33pm
sspomer wrote:
as noted above, mondraker on michelin and mavic. brage vestavik, thibault laly and eleonora farina are on the squad, too. here's the official PR text ---------------------...
---------------------

MS Mondraker Team bike:

Jesus, what happen to his knee? off season knee surgery or just a big crash?
pillete
1/22/2019 5:34pm
Tomorrow’s the day ? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2019/01/22/7468/s1200_D0142775_581E_42C7_A60D_BE07C4EE0F5B.jpg[/img]
Tomorrow’s the day ?
It is, apparently he is coming in as an investor.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/intense-restructures-with-a-new-managemen…

Vital, don't hate me for the pinkbike link...
boogenman
1/22/2019 5:48pm
Tomorrow’s the day ?
Yes. Probably something to do with KTM and Gwintense

Post a reply to: 2019 Racing Rumors

The Latest