2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

12/26/2018 1:07 AM

Looks like Vali is most likely staying put?

|

12/26/2018 1:28 AM

ja24 wrote:

Looks like Vali is most likely staying put?

She mentioned in one of her YouTube videos a while back that she signed a 10 year deal with YT when she was 14 or 15. Of course, things can still change but I don’t see any reason. I think the only question is if she’ll be in YT Mob or the SRAM team.

|

12/26/2018 1:46 AM

EasMTB wrote:

Voul Voul Racing the team of Pierron brothers, Florian Payet and Marine Cabirou have uncertain future for the 2019 season. Follow here the farewell to some athletes and staff of the team. https://www.facebook.com/VoulVoulRacing/

depeche4 wrote:

Shit, whole team is gone. Wonder if Flo will continue with his own team and Mondraker frames. He did a lot of r and d with them and the idea of a 29er Summum.

VV Racing have a very certain future and will pursue is dedication to help talented riders to reach high level.
They are just stepping back a bit at local/national level (but will do some WCups) as they cannot maintain a so big and talented team...

For sure Pierron's brothers, Marine and Florent have some new projects and no doubts they will be on the circuit in a way or another...

|

12/26/2018 5:58 AM

This is hardly a team rumour, but I woke up this morning being pretty sure Gwin posted openly about being on Intense. Then I realized, of course, this was just me dreaming. Dreaming like dreaming-dreaming, not wishing, because I'd seriously like the Intense team to stay as it is. I guess this speaks a bit about how much we like this thread and racing and the World Cup and all that...

Merry Christmas!

|

12/26/2018 1:07 PM

Original Post deleted feel free to do the same. This was once a cool place to post that stuff.

|

12/26/2018 1:09 PM

wang-chung wrote:

Marco off Cannondale

This seemed to be breezed over. Where’s Randy off to next??!

|

12/26/2018 2:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2018 2:32 PM

Duplicated in error...

|

12/26/2018 2:31 PM

So based on this comment, it looks like the KHS thing is real? Noticed AG following KHS on IG but not Intense.

Maybe KHS working on a B2C strategy for N.A. YT compete?

|

12/26/2018 2:33 PM

Has KHS moved away from the Astro catalogue business model?

|

12/26/2018 2:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2018 2:50 PM

Primoz wrote:

Has KHS moved away from the Astro catalogue business model?

I don't think they really need to do much.

Maybe as simple as modernizing the geometry and kinematics on the baseline catalogue frame designs, then redesigning the marketing to sell enough for the custom order MoQs.

I'm sure their vendor has capable engineers, so just a matter of cutting a check to a couple consultants and pro riders to start writing design requirements.

|

12/26/2018 4:21 PM

Fearon out of FOX Clothes

|

12/26/2018 5:03 PM

New rider on Kona aswell, off Commencal.

Any Guess's?

|

12/26/2018 5:15 PM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

Any Guess's?

Aussie shredder Jackson Frew - Kona also to use deity components in 2019

|

12/26/2018 5:30 PM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

Any Guess's?

Ben_Kilsby wrote:

Frew was on GT, no?

A new Kona racer is female... A funny one...

|

12/26/2018 5:53 PM

I know, I know!!!

|

12/26/2018 6:25 PM

Pretty Sure Marco Osbourne is riding for Transition this next year. He was riding a Transition today on his insta story.

|

12/26/2018 7:29 PM

The Intense rumors heat up. Could Golf pro Rickie Fowler be joining Aaron Gwin??

|

12/26/2018 8:39 PM

Can we just say the rumors are getting Gwintense?
Sorry that was bad, He's definitely gonna throw us a curveball.

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

12/26/2018 9:43 PM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

Any Guess's?

Ben_Kilsby wrote:

ride wrote:

Frew was on GT, no?

Female ? For sure is Marine Caribou.

|

12/26/2018 10:46 PM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

Any Guess's?

Ben_Kilsby wrote:

ride wrote:

Frew was on GT, no?

Nope was on Commencal for 2018

|

12/27/2018 3:54 AM

Answers keep getting deleted... Just say that Gwin new brand doesn't want us to discuss about him ! Besides, everything here is only rumour, except laric, I don't think anyone replying here is/was leading a team, so just let us gossip please :-)

|

12/27/2018 4:47 AM

The funny thing is that you get to see all the answers if you have e-mail notifications turned on :D

|

12/27/2018 5:00 AM

Samwell wrote:

Answers keep getting deleted... Just say that Gwin new brand doesn't want us to discuss about him ! Besides, everything here is only rumour, except laric, I don't think anyone replying here is/was leading a team, so just let us gossip please :-)

We (the admins) are not deleting stuff in this thread. If users delete their posts, we have no control over that.

|

12/27/2018 5:09 AM

Samwell wrote:

iceman2058 wrote:

We (the admins) are not deleting stuff in this thread. If users delete their posts, we have no control over that.

ok thanks for the clarification. lets enjoy rumours then?

|

12/27/2018 5:59 AM

EasMTB wrote:

Voul Voul Racing the team of Pierron brothers, Florian Payet and Marine Cabirou have uncertain future for the 2019 season. Follow here the farewell to some athletes and staff of the team. https://www.facebook.com/VoulVoulRacing/

They’ll be on Scott frames

|

12/27/2018 7:21 AM

flymcg_meta wrote:

Joe Barnes off Canyon? Extra spondoolies....

ck85 wrote:

Dream come true, specialized, trek or yeti? Long time companies he'd of followed from a young age?

My god.....a rumour about someone else who isn't Gwin....!!!! Quite funny that people are saying its a surprise and there weren't any rumours but that's probably as the majority of people on here are only interested in Gwin...:-).

I have no intel, but what about Nukeproof?

|

12/27/2018 8:43 AM

bartman wrote:

My god.....a rumour about someone else who isn't Gwin....!!!! Quite funny that people are saying its a surprise and there weren't any rumours but that's probably as the majority of people on here are only interested in Gwin...:-).

I'd certainly like to know where the Athertons are headed. I don't think a definitive answer has been posted here.

|

12/27/2018 9:34 AM

Ben_Kilsby wrote:

ride wrote:

Frew was on GT, no?

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

Cécile Ravanel ??

|

12/27/2018 9:54 AM

ride wrote:

Frew was on GT, no?

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

clem-mk wrote:

Cécile Ravanel ??

Has to be her, since the COMMENCAL / VALLNORD by Riding Addiction is run by the Ruffin brothers and one of them dates Myriam.

|

12/27/2018 10:06 AM

ck85 wrote:

Dream come true, specialized, trek or yeti? Long time companies he'd of followed from a young age?

bartman wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

I'd certainly like to know where the Athertons are headed. I don't think a definitive answer has been posted here.

Merida has come up a few times…

|

Sunshine & Slippery Trail