2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

12/29/2018 10:17 AM


|

12/29/2018 10:25 AM

Another piece of the puzzle is revealed. Good luck in 2019!

|

12/29/2018 10:28 AM

Last photo of Dean Lucas’s post has a sneaky shot of Gwin...

|

12/29/2018 10:56 AM

Dean to join Payet on Scott

|

12/29/2018 12:11 PM


New junior for Commencal?
|

12/29/2018 2:50 PM

mircol82 wrote:
New junior for Commencal?

maybe on the Enduro team. Super fast has another year at junior. Can not see a team have two juniors at the same time. When has the last time a big name team did that? Devinci? Lucas and Wallace?

|

12/29/2018 8:20 PM

So Dean Lucas and Charlie Harrison off of Intense...Juan Hall likes on insta...

|

12/29/2018 8:54 PM

Too bad that team is splitting. That’d be a team to stick with and watch them grow.They’re are all really good and on the up swing. Seemed like they jelled really well

|

12/29/2018 9:35 PM

Charge your phone lol

|

12/30/2018 1:01 AM

Brooks comment on Charlie’s Insa post... looks like he’s trekking on to Trek.


|

12/30/2018 1:09 AM

grinch wrote:

Too bad that team is splitting. That’d be a team to stick with and watch them grow.They’re are all really good and on the up swing. Seemed like they jelled really well

Exactly my feeling! They seemed the most fun bunch when I saw them track walking at the Worlds this fall.

|

12/30/2018 9:22 AM

Anyone have knowledge if Trekfactoryracingdh (AKA Athertons) have prior affiliation to WTB? Seems like they are liking every post from WTB as of late. I don’t recall them being associate before. What would the sponsorship be rims, tires, or seats? Not much else they do...grips? This would replace Hope would it?

|

12/30/2018 9:25 AM

steveperry wrote:

Anyone have knowledge if Trekfactoryracingdh (AKA Athertons) have prior affiliation to WTB? Seems like they are liking every post from WTB as of late. I don’t recall them being associate before. What would the sponsorship be rims, tires, or seats? Not much else they do...grips? This would replace Hope would it?

WTB was a 2018 sponsor for saddles, though it's not listed on their site.

|

12/30/2018 9:59 AM

No DH but a pretty big move in XC in my opinion. Kate Courtney leaving Specialized - heard some rumors she will join Scott SRAM!




|

12/30/2018 12:31 PM


hope dakota is just selling off last years model, would be a bummer if he was off devinci after just one season
|

12/30/2018 12:47 PM

and confimation that atwill is off propain!

|

12/30/2018 1:37 PM

bavshredder wrote:

No DH but a pretty big move in XC in my opinion. Kate Courtney leaving Specialized - heard some rumors she will join Scott SRAM!




This is really a downer. It was really fun to root for Kate on an American Bike. I think Specialized whiffed on this one.

|

12/30/2018 1:45 PM

Does anyone know what form of exit clauses world cup riders might have in their contracts? A lot of athletes can add clauses that void a contract if they say win MVP in their sport, or for case like Kate might have a clause such as winning uci overall or world champion that allows her to exit existing deal to re negotiate or ultimately sign elsewhere?

While I don't know what discussions went on behind the scenes seems strange that they would have set up a contract to expire after the first year of her elite season while knowing what potential she has for her career.

|

12/30/2018 4:00 PM

coralcorn wrote:

Does anyone know what form of exit clauses world cup riders might have in their contracts? A lot of athletes can add clauses that void a contract if they say win MVP in their sport, or for case like Kate might have a clause such as winning uci overall or world champion that allows her to exit existing deal to re negotiate or ultimately sign elsewhere?

While I don't know what discussions went on behind the scenes seems strange that they would have set up a contract to expire after the first year of her elite season while knowing what potential she has for her career.

Frankly, I would be surprised if MTB contracts had such clauses. I am even surprised when they have them in the the NBA, like Klay this year, if he isn't All-Star or All-NBA, he loses a shitload of money. But MVP in our world??? Never heard of it.

|

12/30/2018 5:18 PM

bavshredder wrote:

No DH but a pretty big move in XC in my opinion. Kate Courtney leaving Specialized - heard some rumors she will join Scott SRAM!




Shawn_Trudell wrote:

This is really a downer. It was really fun to root for Kate on an American Bike. I think Specialized whiffed on this one.

Rissveds surely commanded a huge salary after her amazing 2016 season, so I'm sure Courtney is getting some serious money. Also, I hope Rissveds eventually returns to international racing.

|

12/30/2018 5:44 PM

Giant hinting at a new enduro racer with this teaser video. Announcement tomorrow. Any guesses?

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

12/30/2018 5:49 PM

Kate Courtney's farewell video:

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

12/30/2018 6:42 PM

It's almost #reamtumors Christmas!!! Two more sleeps!!!!

|

12/30/2018 6:49 PM

Hadn't Brook been doing a fair amount of possible trolling this year.

|

12/30/2018 7:49 PM

bturman wrote:

Giant hinting at a new enduro racer with this teaser video. Announcement tomorrow. Any guesses?

american? considering it looks like its filmed there??

|

12/30/2018 8:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2018 8:19 PM

bturman wrote:

Giant hinting at a new enduro racer with this teaser video. Announcement tomorrow. Any guesses?

Mckay Vezina (Giant) was riding with Mark Wallace there a couple weeks ago, but I would guess they were just riding as buddies. Pretty sure Mark's under contract for another year.

|

12/30/2018 8:46 PM

bturman wrote:

Giant hinting at a new enduro racer with this teaser video. Announcement tomorrow. Any guesses?

Caleb_Norman wrote:

Mckay Vezina (Giant) was riding with Mark Wallace there a couple weeks ago, but I would guess they were just riding as buddies. Pretty sure Mark's under contract for another year.

Mark is DH racer, not an EWS guy.

|

12/30/2018 10:55 PM

Heard rumors of Giant and DVOparting ways. Looks like the Giant teaser video still has an Emerald on the front of the Reign. I am glad that hasn’t changed. Any word on changes for the DH team?

|

12/30/2018 11:43 PM

Saw the Kiwi Matt Walker on a pretty nice new Pivot Firebird in Rotorua today. Matching it with a pivot shirt

|

12/31/2018 1:59 AM

JoeyHooo wrote:

Payet on Scott bikes

The whole voulvoul on Scott under a new name

|