2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

12/23/2018 2:09 PM

This has to be as close to a definitive confirmation that Angel will still be riding for YT next year that we are gonna get, short of the actual announcement (remains to be seen who will be his teammates...):

|

12/23/2018 2:26 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

Kiwi Matt Walker headed someplace new?

Swiss colored gift... Scott

|

12/23/2018 5:23 PM

Marco off Cannondale

|

12/23/2018 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2018 5:57 PM

Darth_Sloth wrote:

CES Memes trolling Semenauk? ?

I'm more about those sweet single crown DHO's on his buddies bike. I thought I was the only civilian with those.

#ForkRoumours

Oh... And patting myself on the back on the GwIntense call. I wasn't the first, but it seems a bit obvious. Let's do this!

And the Nomad is certainly something around as a loner.

|

12/23/2018 9:45 PM

MPH24 wrote:

I'm just tossing out an number... Let's not freak out. I am also looking at that money as total spend for the team which includes riders, manager, mechanics, physio, travel, food, vehicles, and other logistics.

It's probably not that far off for the Syndicate with GM and two top 10 riders (one top 5). If Gwin and Neko, are asking $500K, I bet the Syndicate is close or more - GM isn't doing this for 25K per year. Plus you figure support staff of 5 others, you're probably pushing $750K at that point. Then you got to pay the Silverback (Sven isn't cheap.. haha) and all of the other media stuff for team videos and what not. Travel and lodging for all of those people for the WCs plus other events and training. I am willing to be this adds up cheap and the Syndicate isn't exactly trying to skimp by... there's a reason most teams don't have 3 guys who are legit shots for the top step at every race.

Lastly, my point was that is it the Syndicate that is a business (i.e. team) owned by Rob and the sponsors provide money and resources to that team vs. the Syndicate being an SCB "department."

Edit: If troy is at 550, maybe the budget is 2m... haha

joegraney wrote:

The Syndicate is a department at SCB, its not a separate entity. It has always been this way. In that way, the athletes, the management and the activities of the team reflect the values of the brand. Its an integral part of how we operate, not a bolt-on that lasts a couple years til' it moves to another brand in a transparent game of musical chairs.

LLLLL wrote:

Happy Christmas Joe! So when is the 29er hi-son/ bro-tower out?

spomer warned me to stay on topic in the forums

|

I don't always work, but when i do, its at Santa Cruz Bicycles

12/24/2018 2:07 AM

Clearly nobody else can stay on topic, so why should you be held to a higher standard then?

Just to be one of those people, when are you guys going to start making bikes with decently angled seat tubes with no offset and less slackness?

And just to throw another wrench into the things, Big Bird surely you meant a loaner bike, not a loner bike?

|

12/24/2018 6:58 AM

Primoz wrote:

Clearly nobody else can stay on topic, so why should you be held to a higher standard then?

Just to be one of those people, when are you guys going to start making bikes with decently angled seat tubes with no offset and less slackness?

And just to throw another wrench into the things, Big Bird surely you meant a loaner bike, not a loner bike?

What a lame comment. Talk with your dollars and buy what you want.

|

12/24/2018 7:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2018 7:44 AM

jive turkey wrote:

That is exactly what i will be doing. The issue is that the whole industry is broken as there are currently only 5 to 10 frames in the enduro-ish class that are worth buying, geometry wise, for a rider in the XL size range. And even those suffer from bent and/or offset seat tubes, but at least have the least effect on the final geometry outcome.

The industry needs to change and the quickest way to change it is for the brands to make better bikes, not for the consumers to vote with their wallets, when the only option is to pay twice the amount for something that fixes an issue they maybe don't even know exists. But the recent 'we had to slam the seat forwards' on basically EVERY bike in the test on Pinkbike does say a lot how broken the geometries for taller riders really are.

The reason for my comment is that Santa Cruz are, in my opinion, one of the worst offenders of this trend.

|

12/24/2018 7:43 AM

Primoz wrote:

jive turkey wrote:

Primoz wrote:

That is exactly what i will be doing. The issue is that the whole industry is broken as there are currently only 5 to 10 frames in the enduro-ish class that are worth buying, geometry wise, for a rider in the XL size range. And even those suffer from bent and/or offset seat tubes, but at least have the least effect on the final geometry outcome.

The industry needs to change and the quickest way to change it is for the brands to make better bikes, not for the consumers to vote with their wallets, when the only option is to pay twice the amount for something that fixes an issue they maybe don't even know exists. But the recent 'we had to slam the seat forwards' on basically EVERY bike in the test on Pinkbike does say a lot how broken the geometries for taller riders really are.

The reason for my comment is that Santa Cruz are, in my opinion, one of the worst offenders of this trend.

The new GT Force Pro - Super long XL, 76 degree SA, EWS winning. Problem solved.

Now back to racing rumors.

|

12/24/2018 7:44 AM

joegraney wrote:

spomer warned me to stay on topic in the forums

Why should you be the only guy to stay on topic?

|

12/24/2018 7:57 AM

Primoz wrote:

jive turkey wrote:

Primoz wrote:

Joe G joins in to provide some factual insight and re-direct the ship and you take the opportunity to talk whack smack about his bikes and further derail the topic?

The concept of this thread is not complex dude...

We're getting real close to the 31st, almost there.

|

12/24/2018 7:59 AM

cmkneeland wrote:

The new GT Force Pro - Super long XL, 76 degree SA, EWS winning. Problem solved.

I don't give a damn about EWS winning status and the 76° angle is just as bullshit as with almost evry other bike with a bent and offset seat tube. Which is the whole point of me ranting and being offtopic here. The GT is one of the prime examples of a bike with a wrong geometry.

|

12/24/2018 8:49 AM

Im excited to see what Brayton can do on the Nukeproof. Since Jones and Smith left it seems like Nukeproof have lost the push to be a competitive Dh team. Looks like its hard to sell DH bikes when Sam Hill is winning Enduro races

|

12/24/2018 8:55 AM

Pykes wrote:

Im excited to see what Brayton can do on the Nukeproof. Since Jones and Smith left it seems like Nukeproof have lost the push to be a competitive Dh team. Looks like its hard to sell DH bikes when Sam Hill is winning Enduro races

unless you ride a lot of bike park. DH bikes are kind of useless.

|

12/24/2018 9:24 AM

Primoz wrote:

...or just get an Starling Murmur - coustom geometry and all issues are solved

|

12/24/2018 11:58 AM

Primoz wrote:

cmkneeland wrote:

Primoz wrote:

I don't give a damn about EWS winning status and the 76° angle is just as bullshit as with almost evry other bike with a bent and offset seat tube. Which is the whole point of me ranting and being offtopic here. The GT is one of the prime examples of a bike with a wrong geometry.

What about a Pole? Like Amaury, you might love sitting on a nice long Pole.

|

12/24/2018 2:06 PM

When do all the team lists have to go the the UCI for the season?

|

12/24/2018 2:55 PM

depeche4 wrote:

When do all the team lists have to go the the UCI for the season?

Pretty sure it’s the first of the year.?.?

|

12/24/2018 3:02 PM

TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE AND PAYMENT – 15 JANUARY 2019

Taken from here
|

12/24/2018 3:26 PM

Joe Barnes off Canyon? Extra spondoolies....

|

12/24/2018 4:06 PM

flymcg_meta wrote:

Joe Barnes off Canyon? Extra spondoolies....

Dream come true, specialized, trek or yeti? Long time companies he'd of followed from a young age?

|

12/24/2018 6:03 PM

ck85 wrote:

Dream come true, specialized, trek or yeti? Long time companies he'd of followed from a young age?

Specialized is a good guess, since his sister was on the EWS team in 2017, and is now an ambassador. Since Jared Graves is likely out for the majority of the season, the big S could use another top 20 rider. #Strengthforjared

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

12/25/2018 1:56 AM

Joe on Orange? ??

|

12/25/2018 5:57 AM

I'd guess Specialized too - not just from a racing perspective, but also a storytelling one too. Specialized would be able to create some great content around a brother and sister on their adventures.....

|

12/25/2018 11:04 AM

Heres a tasty one. Proper rumour

|

12/25/2018 2:07 PM

Irish guy is on Specilaized for 2019

|

12/25/2018 4:56 PM

flymcg_meta wrote:

Brannigan have riding for ancilloti long time ago...

|

12/25/2018 5:26 PM

flymcg_meta wrote:

mircol82 wrote:

Brannigan have riding for ancilloti long time ago...

...and Brook and Wyn. Ancilotti had quite some Kiwi connections throughout the years. What a brand!

|

12/25/2018 5:33 PM

Voul Voul Racing the team of Pierron brothers, Florian Payet and Marine Cabirou have uncertain future for the 2019 season. Follow here the farewell to some athletes and staff of the team. https://www.facebook.com/VoulVoulRacing/

|

12/25/2018 6:43 PM

EasMTB wrote:

Voul Voul Racing the team of Pierron brothers, Florian Payet and Marine Cabirou have uncertain future for the 2019 season. Follow here the farewell to some athletes and staff of the team. https://www.facebook.com/VoulVoulRacing/

Shit, whole team is gone. Wonder if Flo will continue with his own team and Mondraker frames. He did a lot of r and d with them and the idea of a 29er Summum.

|