2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

12/21/2018 12:42 PM

Tanner_Carl wrote:

I'd be very shocked if Gwin wasn't riding a KHS frame next year

You're missing my point. Gwin could be on Mongoose and Sr Suntour for all I could care next season, but either way, no one's bringing up new rumors with credible sources to the table. They just keep going back to the same stuff that was said many pages ago. His name has come up above and beyond enough to validate its own rumors thread.

|

12/21/2018 1:57 PM

Rachel Pagou goes to Pivot, and On The Edge Canada (from Devinci)

|

12/21/2018 2:06 PM

Caleb_Norman wrote:

It would've been entirely worth it for three separate threads to have been started this offseason:
2019 Racing Rumors (sans Gwin & Neko), New Bike Rumors, and Shall It Be Gwintense, Or Just Keep Trekking?

Tanner_Carl wrote:

Caleb_Norman wrote:

You're missing my point. Gwin could be on Mongoose and Sr Suntour for all I could care next season, but either way, no one's bringing up new rumors with credible sources to the table. They just keep going back to the same stuff that was said many pages ago. His name has come up above and beyond enough to validate its own rumors thread.

Agreed... if anything, 1/2 of this whole thread is people posting their fantasy wish lists as if they were actual "rumors" or reaching so far with things to try to will their "rumors" into existence

|

MY NEW BIKE CHECK: http://bit.ly/raine_mp29

Do you like my Bike of the Day?: http://bit.ly/rainesupreme

12/21/2018 2:37 PM

Can confirm Gwin was on €500k per year for riding a YT frame. So it’s worth noting that both him and Neko were probably asking for half a million each.

|

12/21/2018 2:43 PM

euan.brownlie wrote:

Can confirm Gwin was on €500k per year for riding a YT frame. So it’s worth noting that both him and Neko were probably asking for half a million each.

Okay - confirm it. (?)

|

MY NEW BIKE CHECK: http://bit.ly/raine_mp29

Do you like my Bike of the Day?: http://bit.ly/rainesupreme

12/21/2018 3:15 PM

euan.brownlie wrote:

Neko is certainly not commanding the same as Gwin. Not a snowballs chance in Temecula!

|

12/21/2018 4:22 PM

euan.brownlie wrote:

DubC wrote:

Neko is certainly not commanding the same as Gwin. Not a snowballs chance in Temecula!

Neko’s value is rising though. If you’re looking at the US market, he’s the man.

|

12/21/2018 6:15 PM

euan.brownlie wrote:

DubC wrote:

Erotomania90 wrote:

Neko’s value is rising though. If you’re looking at the US market, he’s the man.

Not sure about that one. I have met him a few times and he has been great, and I think what he is doing with the bike park is amazing. However I would debate that in the American market he is "the man".

Aaron is the man. I would argue that Charlie, Luca, and Dakota would have a good shot at second.

|

12/21/2018 9:13 PM

Tanner_Carl wrote:

I wonder if people actually still find the "XX rider is moving to Huffy/Mongoose/Schwinn/KHS/etc next year" posts still funny.

|

12/21/2018 11:50 PM

euan.brownlie wrote:

DubC wrote:

It snows in temecula every so often, this is December 2014

|

12/22/2018 3:02 AM

David Trummer is on a YT, guessing from his instagram story.

|

12/22/2018 3:07 AM

depeche4 wrote:

Not sure about that one. I have met him a few times and he has been great, and I think what he is doing with the bike park is amazing. However I would debate that in the American market he is "the man".

Aaron is the man. I would argue that Charlie, Luca, and Dakota would have a good shot at second.

You are right here, all these guys are on top (Charlie, Luca, Dakota).

|

12/22/2018 3:26 AM

Caleb_Norman wrote:

It would've been entirely worth it for three separate threads to have been started this offseason:
2019 Racing Rumors (sans Gwin & Neko), New Bike Rumors, and Shall It Be Gwintense, Or Just Keep Trekking?

Tanner_Carl wrote:

Verbl Kint wrote:

I wonder if people actually still find the "XX rider is moving to Huffy/Mongoose/Schwinn/KHS/etc next year" posts still funny.

I wonder if we could actually get some rumours apart from what Gwin is doing......#gwinrumours. I know he is good but what about all the other teams and riders......

|

12/22/2018 3:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2018 3:44 AM

baliizu wrote:

David Trummer is on a YT, guessing from his instagram story.

asked him if it was vali höll‘s bike since it looks like a full sram built... didn‘t get an answer by now.

|

12/22/2018 4:39 AM

DubC wrote:

Erotomania90 wrote:

depeche4 wrote:

They’re all super talented, and I think they’re all just getting started. I think Neko’s value should be up there because of windrock and how involved he is with east coast mtb in general. He’s an approachable guy, who’s promoting the sport in ways that include all different levels of riders. He has a bigger reach than just his WC results.

|

12/22/2018 7:42 AM

Cannondale

|

12/22/2018 8:25 AM

Erotomania90 wrote:

They’re all super talented, and I think they’re all just getting started. I think Neko’s value should be up there because of windrock and how involved he is with east coast mtb in general. He’s an approachable guy, who’s promoting the sport in ways that include all different levels of riders. He has a bigger reach than just his WC results.

I agree... Neko is doing a lot of work for the east coast scene that will bring a lot of additional exposure to his sponsors...

|

12/22/2018 10:59 AM

bikerfilmerboy wrote:

Here's that Neko post.

cmkneeland wrote:

You can't tell me this Trek banner wasn't deliberate. Look at the wrinkles! That thing hasn't seen the light of day in some time. Intense? Trek? Either way, I respect a good troll.

Likely a poster from his trek days. Prob don’t mean much.

|

12/22/2018 1:57 PM

Can confirm 100% that gwin is on Intense. Don’t know who else is joining him or leaving intense but I’d bet my right nut on the horses mouth that told me.

|

12/22/2018 2:27 PM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

Can confirm 100% that gwin is on Intense. Don’t know who else is joining him or leaving intense but I’d bet my right nut on the horses mouth that told me.

I have also been told this by someone involved with a team on the circuit

|

12/22/2018 5:44 PM

Greenedog wrote:

Neko and the Mob are done.

The best way to make a million dollars running a DH team is to start with 3 million.

|

12/22/2018 7:38 PM

MPH24 wrote:

I'm just tossing out an number... Let's not freak out. I am also looking at that money as total spend for the team which includes riders, manager, mechanics, physio, travel, food, vehicles, and other logistics.

It's probably not that far off for the Syndicate with GM and two top 10 riders (one top 5). If Gwin and Neko, are asking $500K, I bet the Syndicate is close or more - GM isn't doing this for 25K per year. Plus you figure support staff of 5 others, you're probably pushing $750K at that point. Then you got to pay the Silverback (Sven isn't cheap.. haha) and all of the other media stuff for team videos and what not. Travel and lodging for all of those people for the WCs plus other events and training. I am willing to be this adds up cheap and the Syndicate isn't exactly trying to skimp by... there's a reason most teams don't have 3 guys who are legit shots for the top step at every race.

Lastly, my point was that is it the Syndicate that is a business (i.e. team) owned by Rob and the sponsors provide money and resources to that team vs. the Syndicate being an SCB "department."

Edit: If troy is at 550, maybe the budget is 2m... haha

The Syndicate is a department at SCB, its not a separate entity. It has always been this way. In that way, the athletes, the management and the activities of the team reflect the values of the brand. Its an integral part of how we operate, not a bolt-on that lasts a couple years til' it moves to another brand in a transparent game of musical chairs.

|

I don't always work, but when i do, its at Santa Cruz Bicycles

12/22/2018 8:25 PM

N1NO’s latest post on IG has all of his sponsors mentioned except Scott. Freudian slip? Typo?

|

12/22/2018 8:58 PM

joegraney wrote:

The Syndicate is a department at SCB, its not a separate entity. It has always been this way. In that way, the athletes, the management and the activities of the team reflect the values of the brand. Its an integral part of how we operate, not a bolt-on that lasts a couple years til' it moves to another brand in a transparent game of musical chairs.

Hey Joe - Thanks for the response. Makes sense and good to know. Best of luck next season!!

|

12/23/2018 7:36 AM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

#nutcracker #horsemouth

|

12/23/2018 7:45 AM

oskimtb wrote:

ONE MILLION DOLLARS FROM SPONSORS!!! I think you are way off with that my friend...is more like SC pay salaries and trips and obviously gives the frames that the team needs...and whatever money Fox ask for a full year of service, which is not like the same kind of money as other "non sponsored" team...and then they get free equipment or money from the other sponsors...
but talking about million dollars coming from sponsors...not even in motorsport unfortunately

MPH24 wrote:

I'm just tossing out an number... Let's not freak out. I am also looking at that money as total spend for the team which includes riders, manager, mechanics, physio, travel, food, vehicles, and other logistics.

It's probably not that far off for the Syndicate with GM and two top 10 riders (one top 5). If Gwin and Neko, are asking $500K, I bet the Syndicate is close or more - GM isn't doing this for 25K per year. Plus you figure support staff of 5 others, you're probably pushing $750K at that point. Then you got to pay the Silverback (Sven isn't cheap.. haha) and all of the other media stuff for team videos and what not. Travel and lodging for all of those people for the WCs plus other events and training. I am willing to be this adds up cheap and the Syndicate isn't exactly trying to skimp by... there's a reason most teams don't have 3 guys who are legit shots for the top step at every race.

Lastly, my point was that is it the Syndicate that is a business (i.e. team) owned by Rob and the sponsors provide money and resources to that team vs. the Syndicate being an SCB "department."

Edit: If troy is at 550, maybe the budget is 2m... haha

joegraney wrote:

Happy Christmas Joe! So when is the 29er hi-son/ bro-tower out?

|

12/23/2018 8:38 AM

|

IMunteanu

12/23/2018 12:08 PM

Kiwi Matt Walker headed someplace new?

|

12/23/2018 12:18 PM

CES Memes trolling Semenauk? ?

|

12/23/2018 2:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2018 2:07 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

Kiwi Matt Walker headed someplace new?

Looks like a set of Saint levers. He was riding Magura’s last season.

Maxxis tyres as well. He was on Schwalbe last season.

|