2023 TEAM RUMORS

3/16/2023 1:07am

"No World Cup season is complete without Wyn Masters - both on the track and in the pits - so for 2023 there will be a major increase in his presence. Keep an eye on GT and Continental social media for details of what’s coming up on WynTV this year."

Yeeeeah boyeeeee!!! :D

Mr.Nally
3/16/2023 1:14am
sspomer wrote:
interesting about lourdes. originally had heard DH test event was going to be in portugal somewhere. my understanding about the  event is that the new broadcasters...

interesting about lourdes. originally had heard DH test event was going to be in portugal somewhere. my understanding about the  event is that the new broadcasters are doing a non-live, dry run before the actual season starts. could be wrong. if that is the case, i'd imagine they prepare some kind of show from it. sure hope so. world cup heavies racing DH in lourdes? must watch.

thanks @Jones_Lp for the lenzerheide schedule too!

Test event clashes with Sea Otter. so not all team will be in attendance

lewzz10
3/16/2023 4:21am
sspomer wrote:
interesting about lourdes. originally had heard DH test event was going to be in portugal somewhere. my understanding about the  event is that the new broadcasters...

interesting about lourdes. originally had heard DH test event was going to be in portugal somewhere. my understanding about the  event is that the new broadcasters are doing a non-live, dry run before the actual season starts. could be wrong. if that is the case, i'd imagine they prepare some kind of show from it. sure hope so. world cup heavies racing DH in lourdes? must watch.

thanks @Jones_Lp for the lenzerheide schedule too!

Mr.Nally wrote:

Test event clashes with Sea Otter. so not all team will be in attendance

I don't think people will be too upset to miss Sea Otter..

Mr.Nally
3/16/2023 5:17am
lewzz10 wrote:

I don't think people will be too upset to miss Sea Otter..

I think a few big teams will have already committed to Sea Otter for sponsor reasons. 

gbcoke
3/17/2023 7:02am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2023 7:09am
danposs86 wrote:

Cedric Gracia confirmed on Giant.

Mugen wrote:

So random...

https://fullattack.cc/cedric-gracia-desormais-ambassadeur-giant-france/

Although nice to see Giant get back on track with good looking bikes and sponsoring more riders.

yzedf wrote:

What does that mean for his e-bike brand?

It was not his brand as he was never the owner of Forestal ...

veefour
3/17/2023 9:09am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2023 9:52am
Mugen wrote:

So random...

https://fullattack.cc/cedric-gracia-desormais-ambassadeur-giant-france/

Although nice to see Giant get back on track with good looking bikes and sponsoring more riders.

yzedf wrote:

What does that mean for his e-bike brand?

gbcoke wrote:

It was not his brand as he was never the owner of Forestal ...

In this interview (posted a month ago) he describes himself as co founder of Forestal Bikes.

https://powersport.motul.com/stories/read/2048--2505/

Also in this interview with Vital the way he talks alludes to more than just being sponsored by them. He certainly played a role in developing the Forestal ebike.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Getting-Personal-C-dric-Gracia,3…

bt006shreds
3/17/2023 8:26pm

Pretty sure Dan Paley is on Giant, judging from his recent post.

3/18/2023 6:44am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2023 7:39am
veefour wrote:
In this interview (posted a month ago) he describes himself as co founder of Forestal Bikes. https://powersport.motul.com/stories/read/2048--2505/ Also in this interview with Vital the way he...

In this interview (posted a month ago) he describes himself as co founder of Forestal Bikes.

Also in this interview with Vital the way he talks alludes to more than just being sponsored by them. He certainly played a role in developing the Forestal ebike.

As a Forestal (bike)owner I was also under that impression until Forestal postet a "CG parted way" 1,5 years ago. I asked the owner back than and he said that CG was just a brand ambassador.

That said, i listend to an interview on GMBN or EMBN between him and Steve Jones where CG literally said "I'm a partner..."

Whatever that meant, I'm not a CG fanboy since then anymore. On the other hand I like the bike very much, so as he helped develop the bike I have to acknowledge he did a good a job.

yzedf
3/18/2023 8:55am
veefour wrote:
In this interview (posted a month ago) he describes himself as co founder of Forestal Bikes. https://powersport.motul.com/stories/read/2048--2505/ Also in this interview with Vital the way he...

styriabeef wrote:
As a Forestal (bike)owner I was also under that impression until Forestal postet a "CG parted way" 1,5 years ago. I asked the owner back than...

As a Forestal (bike)owner I was also under that impression until Forestal postet a "CG parted way" 1,5 years ago. I asked the owner back than and he said that CG was just a brand ambassador.

That said, i listend to an interview on GMBN or EMBN between him and Steve Jones where CG literally said "I'm a partner..."

Whatever that meant, I'm not a CG fanboy since then anymore. On the other hand I like the bike very much, so as he helped develop the bike I have to acknowledge he did a good a job.

Not surprising to learn this I guess. He’s the og mtb hype-boi after all. 

3/18/2023 5:33pm

I have no info but sometimes business partnerships end whether amicably or not.

Big Bird
3/19/2023 12:16pm

I have no info but sometimes business partnerships end whether amicably or not.

Like the Rob Roscop situation.

3/22/2023 11:48pm

What's going on with Sam then? Looks like he's over in Maydena and riding with Troy - although no mention of him in any of Nukeproof's socials since they've been over in Taz and done their team shoots etc, and there's no mention of nuke in any of his stuff since he's made his way over there - bit odd? Hopefully he's racing

3/23/2023 4:52am
What's going on with Sam then? Looks like he's over in Maydena and riding with Troy - although no mention of him in any of Nukeproof's...

What's going on with Sam then? Looks like he's over in Maydena and riding with Troy - although no mention of him in any of Nukeproof's socials since they've been over in Taz and done their team shoots etc, and there's no mention of nuke in any of his stuff since he's made his way over there - bit odd? Hopefully he's racing

He’s registered for dh.

jsray
3/23/2023 5:49am

curious what’s going on at canyon with Jesse, Dimi, and the spectral.

imagine Ford built the GT40 for Le Mans, and Ken decided to race the mustang. Not a bad car, but, wasn’t built to race Le Mans… 

3/23/2023 6:23am
jsray wrote:
curious what’s going on at canyon with Jesse, Dimi, and the spectral.   imagine Ford built the GT40 for Le Mans, and Ken decided to race...

curious what’s going on at canyon with Jesse, Dimi, and the spectral.

imagine Ford built the GT40 for Le Mans, and Ken decided to race the mustang. Not a bad car, but, wasn’t built to race Le Mans… 

Maydena is pretty gravity oriented but the other is pretty flat and pedally.  Imagine they’ll be on the strive when the rounds return to euro but we will see.

dolface
3/23/2023 6:44am
Maydena is pretty gravity oriented but the other is pretty flat and pedally.  Imagine they’ll be on the strive when the rounds return to euro but...

Maydena is pretty gravity oriented but the other is pretty flat and pedally.  Imagine they’ll be on the strive when the rounds return to euro but we will see.

That would be interesting given how particular Jesse is about bike set-up (Dimitri and Jose might too but don't have info on that). IIRC it took him ~3 years to get the Altitude dialed and I have to think that getting new everything (except tires) dialed would be a similar effort. Doing it twice sounds daunting... (Yes he's a pro and it's his job etc. etc.)

BlazersDad89
3/23/2023 7:18am
Maydena is pretty gravity oriented but the other is pretty flat and pedally.  Imagine they’ll be on the strive when the rounds return to euro but...

dolface wrote:
That would be interesting given how particular Jesse is about bike set-up (Dimitri and Jose might too but don't have info on that). IIRC it took...

That would be interesting given how particular Jesse is about bike set-up (Dimitri and Jose might too but don't have info on that). IIRC it took him ~3 years to get the Altitude dialed and I have to think that getting new everything (except tires) dialed would be a similar effort. Doing it twice sounds daunting... (Yes he's a pro and it's his job etc. etc.)

Pretty sure in a podcast a few weeks back he said he was planning on riding the Spectral for the first 2 rounds and using the long break after to spend more time on the Strive. 

krabo83
3/23/2023 7:34am

dolface wrote:
That would be interesting given how particular Jesse is about bike set-up (Dimitri and Jose might too but don't have info on that). IIRC it took...

https://youtu.be/uT9_HLBleZQ

he‘s on a size S spectral according to the upper video, so there isn‘t a strive at the moment that fits him (S strive is more like a M).

jsray
3/23/2023 8:07am

dolface wrote:

krabo83 wrote:
https://youtu.be/uT9_HLBleZQ he‘s on a size S spectral according to the upper video, so there isn‘t a strive at the moment that fits him (S strive is...

he‘s on a size S spectral according to the upper video, so there isn‘t a strive at the moment that fits him (S strive is more like a M).

Begs the question what was discussed during contract negotiations. He had to have rode a strive at some point right? He would have had plenty of time to get comfy testing a strive. Why spend all that time testing and dialing in only the spectral for 1 or 2 rounds? 

So. New strive in the works? Rode the smallest one he could and it was too big? Maybe they were close to a finished product of a new one, he rode it, it wasn’t going to be ready so he focused on the spectral to be in the championship hunt at the beginning of the series. Use the break to dial in the new strive. 

Zuestman
3/23/2023 8:20am
dolface wrote:

krabo83 wrote:
https://youtu.be/uT9_HLBleZQ he‘s on a size S spectral according to the upper video, so there isn‘t a strive at the moment that fits him (S strive is...

jsray wrote:
Begs the question what was discussed during contract negotiations. He had to have rode a strive at some point right? He would have had plenty of...

Begs the question what was discussed during contract negotiations. He had to have rode a strive at some point right? He would have had plenty of time to get comfy testing a strive. Why spend all that time testing and dialing in only the spectral for 1 or 2 rounds? 

So. New strive in the works? Rode the smallest one he could and it was too big? Maybe they were close to a finished product of a new one, he rode it, it wasn’t going to be ready so he focused on the spectral to be in the championship hunt at the beginning of the series. Use the break to dial in the new strive. 

Honestly, just check out his post in the Tech Rumors thread.  he straight up talks about it. plus his downtime podcast:

image-20230323082011-1

jsray
3/23/2023 9:06am
krabo83 wrote:

jsray wrote:
Begs the question what was discussed during contract negotiations. He had to have rode a strive at some point right? He would have had plenty of...

Zuestman wrote:
Honestly, just check out his post in the Tech Rumors thread.  he straight up talks about it. plus his downtime podcast:

image-20230323082011-1

He’s pretty open about a lot of things. But this is the rumor forum. I want to believe and talk sh*t about the possibility that something else is going on. 

dolface
3/24/2023 6:03pm
Losifer wrote:
In the TN Pit Bits https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/pit-bits-tn-national-downhill-and-xc-windrock Spomer says that Neko has apparently broken his hip/pelvis. And right after debuting his Dale's Pale Ale helmet. Gutted. Heal fast...

In the TN Pit Bits https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/pit-bits-tn-national-downhill-and-xc-… Spomer says that Neko has apparently broken his hip/pelvis. And right after debuting his Dale's Pale Ale helmet.

Gutted. Heal fast, Neko.

He said he broke his hip socket and will have surgery in the next couple days. Heal up fast Neko! 

Mr.Nally
3/25/2023 2:14am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2023 2:14am
jsray wrote:

Zuestman wrote:

image-20230323082011-1

jsray wrote:
He’s pretty open about a lot of things. But this is the rumor forum. I want to believe and talk sh*t about the possibility that something...

He’s pretty open about a lot of things. But this is the rumor forum. I want to believe and talk sh*t about the possibility that something else is going on. 

Even the Team Rumors thread turns into a tech discussion on this site. Can't have nice things Silly

Looks to me like most bike riders are here just to nerd not to ride?

Primoz
3/25/2023 3:15am

Can't ride a forum thread. Can nerd out in one though.

Mr.Nally
3/25/2023 6:05am
Primoz wrote:

Can't ride a forum thread. Can nerd out in one though.

The only nerding is tech nerding though. You ever hear about the spice of life? Tongue

Losifer
3/25/2023 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2023 5:15pm

Guesses as to whether Neko will be able to race this season, or if he might find a replacement rider for Frameworks?

I have really enjoyed watching his progress with the new bike, and have been a fan of his for quite a while. I’m hoping his hip fracture is clean and the surgery goes well!

Post a reply to: 2023 TEAM RUMORS

The Latest