Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2019 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

9/23/2018 8:29 PM

I hope Magnus Manson gets more support in 2019, he’s been pretty consistent on the “privateer” Canyon.

|

9/24/2018 1:45 PM

|

9/26/2018 2:39 AM

Let's try to get somewhere with this post.

A couple of questions that might get us in the right direction, and not just shouting out wishes.

1. How does a race team annonce that they sign a rider? And for how long? press release? Social media?

2. Where can we find the press releases or annoncements? websites, blogs,

This might give us some data on who is actually on the move.. Let try to get some hard evidence and not trust the #teamrumorshypemarketingBS that a lot of us fall for. Spomers said it in one of the Inside line podcast, this is one of the most read and visited sites on Vital. lots of traffic = lots of marketing/pr

|

9/26/2018 9:52 AM

SB14 wrote:

Let's try to get somewhere with this post.

A couple of questions that might get us in the right direction, and not just shouting out wishes.

1. How does a race team annonce that they sign a rider? And for how long? press release? Social media?

2. Where can we find the press releases or annoncements? websites, blogs,

This might give us some data on who is actually on the move.. Let try to get some hard evidence and not trust the #teamrumorshypemarketingBS that a lot of us fall for. Spomers said it in one of the Inside line podcast, this is one of the most read and visited sites on Vital. lots of traffic = lots of marketing/pr

AFAIK, most rider contracts end with the calendar year, or perhaps slightly earlier in December. So, this is when we see official press releases, not before. Riders will have already moved on or be seen on new equipment due to testing and trying stuff out, but it doesn't become official until their previous contract has legally expired.

|

9/26/2018 10:44 AM

Adam Brayton testing a new bike? Looks like his Bell worlds helmet, and was on his SO Meg Whites insta story...

Photo

|

9/26/2018 10:52 AM

Euan_Mackenzie wrote:

Adam Brayton testing a new bike? Looks like his Bell worlds helmet, and was on his SO Meg Whites insta story...

Photo

Nukeproof Pulse?

|

9/26/2018 10:53 AM

Gee's IG profile no longer says Racing Bikes For Trek Factory Racing... Commencal???

|

9/26/2018 10:53 AM

Seems to be, Brayton is also on Scott goggles and the fork could be an Ohlins (gold dial).
Frame is definetly a Nukeproof Pulse.

|

9/26/2018 10:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2018 10:57 AM

Nukeproof?

EDIT: meh, too late... :D

|

9/26/2018 2:37 PM

Jakers wrote:

Gee's IG profile no longer says Racing Bikes For Trek Factory Racing... Commencal???

Marin.

Gwin to S....

|

9/26/2018 3:02 PM

Jakers wrote:

Gee's IG profile no longer says Racing Bikes For Trek Factory Racing... Commencal???

I noticed when racing this weekend Charlie Hatton wasn’t listed as trek factory either

|

9/26/2018 3:22 PM

|

9/26/2018 3:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2018 3:54 PM

That is surprising. I, for one, didn't see that coming. Like others, I'm wondering where he's going. Any guesses?

|

9/26/2018 6:02 PM

sspomer wrote:

rat leaves santa cruz!!!
https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Josh-Bryceland-Leaves-Santa-Cruz,1205

kwapik wrote:

That is surprising. I, for one, didn't see that coming. Like others, I'm wondering where he's going. Any guesses?

FOOKING RAAATBOY.
The only other brands I could see him on are ones with light hearted, no BS standards. YT, Transition, Nukeproof, Evil if they have the budget. Only a bike that can withstand a rodent being a total goon will suffice. If the Seagraves and FMD racing leave transition that might free up some cash. YT have the market but also have tons of other riders. It would be sick if he and Ben Cathro joined forces and did something, since he was on the topic of mentoring and the likes of a skills coaching brand.

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

9/26/2018 6:20 PM

Broken_spoke.photo wrote:

FOOKING RAAATBOY.
The only other brands I could see him on are ones with light hearted, no BS standards. YT, Transition, Nukeproof, Evil if they have the budget. Only a bike that can withstand a rodent being a total goon will suffice. If the Seagraves and FMD racing leave transition that might free up some cash. YT have the market but also have tons of other riders. It would be sick if he and Ben Cathro joined forces and did something, since he was on the topic of mentoring and the likes of a skills coaching brand.

In today's Inside Line Podcast, the co-owner of Transition, Kyle, stated that FMD is staying with them for 2019.

As for the Rat, if he is mentoring, does that mean a return to the WC for him? If so we can likely rule out Evil, since they haven't made an actual DH bike since 2014. I doubt that a Wreckoning or Insurgent with a DH fork will really be enough for a former WC Champ to race WC with.

|

9/26/2018 6:37 PM

kwapik wrote:

That is surprising. I, for one, didn't see that coming. Like others, I'm wondering where he's going. Any guesses?

Broken_spoke.photo wrote:

FOOKING RAAATBOY.
The only other brands I could see him on are ones with light hearted, no BS standards. YT, Transition, Nukeproof, Evil if they have the budget. Only a bike that can withstand a rodent being a total goon will suffice. If the Seagraves and FMD racing leave transition that might free up some cash. YT have the market but also have tons of other riders. It would be sick if he and Ben Cathro joined forces and did something, since he was on the topic of mentoring and the likes of a skills coaching brand.

taldfind wrote:

In today's Inside Line Podcast, the co-owner of Transition, Kyle, stated that FMD is staying with them for 2019.

As for the Rat, if he is mentoring, does that mean a return to the WC for him? If so we can likely rule out Evil, since they haven't made an actual DH bike since 2014. I doubt that a Wreckoning or Insurgent with a DH fork will really be enough for a former WC Champ to race WC with.

Tanks for that, I didn't have time to listen to that yet. What if he is mentoring Kade Edwards and Kaos Seagrave, both young brits with a whole bunch of talent. I remember seeing or reading something from a certain colored MTB forum asking if either of them could be the new Ratboy.

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

9/26/2018 11:02 PM

onenerdykid* wrote:

AFAIK, most rider contracts end with the calendar year, or perhaps slightly earlier in December. So, this is when we see official press releases, not before. Riders will have already moved on or be seen on new equipment due to testing and trying stuff out, but it doesn't become official until their previous contract has legally expired.

yep! But where can we dig up the old ones? to know who might be on the move come december? Seems like a lot of rumors isnt based on hard facts.

Social media is a great way to find rumors, but i think we shouldnt look so closely at the riders that arnt up for grabs. Lots of trolls in the industry.

|

9/26/2018 11:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2018 11:44 PM

Off to a company that don't have a DH bike but had a very successful team back in the day sponsored by a car brand.

|

9/27/2018 12:27 AM

sspomer wrote:

rat leaves santa cruz!!!
https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Josh-Bryceland-Leaves-Santa-Cruz,1205

Dickscruttock wrote:

Off to a company that don't have a DH bike but had a very successful team back in the day sponsored by a car brand.

Cannondale?

|

9/27/2018 12:32 AM

onenerdykid* wrote:

Cannondale?

This guy knows

|

9/27/2018 1:26 AM

Sorry to interrupt, but I think it's super ironic that the page that announces our favorite Rat's departure from Santa Cruz has a Santa Cruz ad tailored around him (and that actually mentions his name) in the header. smile

|

9/27/2018 6:22 AM

cannondale could make sense as one of his buddies rides a jekyll/trigger and it makes sense that they want to get back in the game... just seems like a random pick but they have money and are the owners of fabric...

aslong as it's not specialized

|

9/27/2018 6:58 AM

thomas.gehrig wrote:

cannondale could make sense as one of his buddies rides a jekyll/trigger and it makes sense that they want to get back in the game... just seems like a random pick but they have money and are the owners of fabric...

aslong as it's not specialized

Cannondale , they need to develop a dh bike then. I doubt they would just use a GT with stickers on it.

I could see him on Orange.

|

9/27/2018 7:31 AM

Rach has also removed trek tags from her profile

|

9/27/2018 8:54 AM

Ratty "helping develop the YouTh!" seems like a pretty big hint... especially since they got Rob and Tippy over there. It would be sick if Transition picked him up though.

|

9/27/2018 9:27 AM

onenerdykid* wrote:

Cannondale?

Correct.

|

9/27/2018 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 10:27 AM

Dickscruttock wrote:

Off to a company that don't have a DH bike but had a very successful team back in the day sponsored by a car brand.

onenerdykid* wrote:

Cannondale?

Dickscruttock wrote:

Correct.

If this indeed is the case, it seems weird to me. Cannondale's image/perception vs. Josh's fun loving free spirit. Be interesting to say the least.


|

9/27/2018 10:27 AM

Pure speculation here... Is Bernard Kerr going to get on Redbull?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPLfXZgcj0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1r7ry6v1rxbsg

They posted something about this shot of the truck a few days back with a somethings coming, watch this space type caption

|

9/27/2018 11:06 AM

WORLD CUP DATES 2019

8 ROUNDS - NEW: Maribor, Les Gets & Snowshoe

Photo

Photo

Source: www.freeride-magazine.com

|

9/27/2018 11:19 AM

bavshredder wrote:

WORLD CUP DATES 2019

8 ROUNDS - NEW: Maribor, Les Gets & Snowshoe

Photo

Photo

Source: www.freeride-magazine.com

YAAAAASSSS

That is one sick calendar for next year. Stoked the rumors about Maribor were true. That place is so rad, definitely one of my favorite places to ride. And really cheap pizza.

|