Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2017 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

10/28/2016 10:27 AM

A Kiwi, Scot, Frenchman, and Japanese rider on the same team? Maybe Sushi was referring to Shimano? Or a Japanese bike brand?

Troy to Canyon, but with a scotsman? : Trojan horse crossing chasms, in it was stowed a scotsman

Winning Yeti: Graves or Rude to DH, or Yeti bringing a new DH bike?

|

10/28/2016 10:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/28/2016 10:32 AM

"A blue oval, roaring like the hounds of hell,
A bull upon its crown and a new fire burning,"

Gwin is a Red Bull athlete and he did have a Raptor (blue oval and all...).

Also,
"A rich mix, departing into the distance and out of our beams,"
This is the part hinting at Josh's retirement if you ask me.

|

10/28/2016 10:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/28/2016 10:55 AM

Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights

Fairclough leaving Gstaad

And the Scotsman, I'm guessing might be Brayton to Canyon

50 stars would be a US rider, not sure about a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom

|

10/28/2016 10:59 AM

thedeathstar wrote:

Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights

Fairclough leaving Gstaad

And the Scotsman, I'm guessing might be Brayton to Canyon

50 stars would be a US rider, not sure about a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom

I think Adam Brayton is English not Scottish. Ruaridh Cunningham is Scottish.

|

10/28/2016 11:04 AM

thedeathstar wrote:

Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights

Fairclough leaving Gstaad

And the Scotsman, I'm guessing might be Brayton to Canyon

50 stars would be a US rider, not sure about a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom

Could Gstaad be dead? If the dog reference is accurate for brendog and Neko not tagging gstaad/Scott but including his individual sponsors? Wonder where they will end up?

|

10/28/2016 1:16 PM

Rats gone, from the horses mouth.

|

10/28/2016 1:31 PM

It has been said before that Scott will not continue with Claudio/Velosolutions.

|

10/28/2016 2:05 PM

Biggest news ever Daniel Hart for Scott. Hell yeah!

|

10/28/2016 4:46 PM

I heard that Manon signed for Radon a couple of weeks ago check page 4.

|

10/28/2016 5:55 PM

bulldog wants off the garbage truck

|

10/28/2016 6:12 PM

PeteB wrote:

A Kiwi, Scot, Frenchman, and Japanese rider on the same team? Maybe Sushi was referring to Shimano? Or a Japanese bike brand?

Troy to Canyon, but with a scotsman? : Trojan horse crossing chasms, in it was stowed a scotsman

Winning Yeti: Graves or Rude to DH, or Yeti bringing a new DH bike?

A sight of beauty
a melting of cultures were seen,
Haggis, Croissants, Sushi and Kumara

Possibly Rocky Mountain is starting a team.

|

10/28/2016 6:35 PM

A US rider to Rocky Mountain could be right,

"a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom"

Prince George BC is where the Rockies pass.

|

10/29/2016 2:33 AM

Shore on the horizon is SHAW?

Wood working tools from Merthyr is Carpenter.

|

10/29/2016 8:54 AM

Stanchion_Groove wrote:

A US rider to Rocky Mountain could be right,

"a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom"

Prince George BC is where the Rockies pass.

Wales is likely to be the princes kingdom given the Prince of Wales is a fairly prominent chap and South Wales is home of the Valleys, also home of Manon and Mike Jones, amongst others.

|

10/29/2016 9:56 AM

Kenta Gallager is another Scottish rider not on a team

|

10/29/2016 12:40 PM

'A blue oval' maybe a Ford sponsored team?

|

10/29/2016 1:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2016 1:57 PM

Greg Williamson is from Scotland aswell
Blue oval could be Schwalbe
Bull helmets: Gutierrez, Bulldog, Pompom, Gee and Rach, Beer, Gwin, Loic, Kitner, Polc, Slavik

|

10/29/2016 3:58 PM

Is the purist church of all a reference to the pope? Loic is the pope. Loic on yeti?

Also with crc making redundancies would Mike Jones still have a job? Princes in Wales would certainly make more sense for him as the king is more likely Gee.

Troy and a Scott rider to Santa Cruz. Specialized and Santa Cruz are not that far apart geographically

Mannon to Radon which is a shame cause would have preferred to see her at Santa Cruz with Troy and Greg

|

10/30/2016 12:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2016 1:00 PM

A Trojan horse crossing chasms both far and wide - Troy to Canyon

In it was stowed a Scotsman - Ruaridh Cunningham (from Stow) to Canyon or Radon

Built with wood working tools from Merthyr, and able to withstand chemical 86 - Manon to Radon

A sight of beauty, a melting of cultures were seen, Haggis, Croissants, Sushi and Kumara - Kenta Gallagher, Loris and Blenki at Norco

Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights - Brendog off Scott

A rich mix, departing into the distance and out of our beams - Josh Bryceland (50:01 mix) leaving for a while

A blue oval, roaring like the hounds of hell, A bull upon its crown and a new fire burning - Gee focusing on rallying? (https://instagram.com/p/BMMuuHkhtLG/)

A winning yeti we could come forth, and join the purest church of all. - Richie Rude coming back to DH

From Descent-World FB page: “We're also hearing rumours of an american heading to london living…..?” - With Gstaad Scott folding, Neko to Pivot?

Also, a source at CRC said that if any of their riders would be leaving the team, it would be Joe Smith. Hill is already committed to EWS next season though so I don't think there'll be too much change there.

|

10/30/2016 1:13 PM

Like i said, Gwin is a Red Bull athlete and was famously driving the FOX Ford Raptor a few seasons back. If it makes any sense.

|

10/30/2016 1:17 PM

Have any of you considered that the first line, negates the rest? A Trojan horse is a decoy, or a trap, and could easily be a joke to imply that the rest is made up.

I'm not saying that it is, but if it were a joke, it'd be a great one.

|

10/30/2016 1:22 PM

Hardly, there have been many long-standing rumours covered in this.

|

10/30/2016 1:55 PM

Just sayin, rumors aren't always fact, and it would be an amazing joke.

I've seen a lot of confident speculation here, that I know to be inaccurate, so I'm curious as to how much of that goobledegook turns out to be true.

|

10/31/2016 2:24 AM

Jack Moir signed to intense for a couple more years. Yew.

|

10/31/2016 5:39 AM

Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and his course previews are gold, but an announcer he ain't. Let's see them put Peaty or Cam McCaul in there.

|

10/31/2016 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2016 8:13 AM

oliosky wrote:

Jack Moir signed to intense for a couple more years. Yew.

shark attack! verified via his instagram.
Photo

Photo

|

10/31/2016 9:43 AM

smelly wrote:

Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and his course previews are gold, but an announcer he ain't. Let's see them put Peaty or Cam McCaul in there.

no "full pulls" in DH please!

|

10/31/2016 10:46 AM

|

10/31/2016 11:38 AM

smelly wrote:

Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and his course previews are gold, but an announcer he ain't. Let's see them put Peaty or Cam McCaul in there.

I think Claudio has really good insights on line choices and is able to make observations about nuances in the run with regard to who was faster over a section, and who had mistakes. Rob is a great commentator, and always interesting to listen to, but mainly reacts to split times and more obvious aspects of the run. I'd have to go back quite a while to find a duo in any sport who do as good a job as those two.

|

10/31/2016 12:48 PM

smelly wrote:

Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and his course previews are gold, but an announcer he ain't. Let's see them put Peaty or Cam McCaul in there.

thedeathstar wrote:

I think Claudio has really good insights on line choices and is able to make observations about nuances in the run with regard to who was faster over a section, and who had mistakes. Rob is a great commentator, and always interesting to listen to, but mainly reacts to split times and more obvious aspects of the run. I'd have to go back quite a while to find a duo in any sport who do as good a job as those two.

thedeathstar said it perfectly. quite a bit better than warner and cunningham (how ever spelt). Nigel Page has done the odd one with Warner which again was good, but Claudio and warner is good mix between commentating and insider knowledge.

Warner and peaty be interesting as he's been racing so long, knows the tracks / venues / pit crews / competitors the most out of anyone (maybe trio), but likely not as good as a replacement and he's a monster lad.

|