2017 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

10/4/2016 2:18 PM

Mongool Cuypers wrote:

Remember me ?

I noticed that noboby saw the spaceshuttle exploding and that nasa doesnt have the budget to built a new one...

And it seems that French Fries are covered with curry powder next year

Ps : if you look at my older posts you can see i was right for 2016 if you could descript my code...

Space shuttle exploding: The space themed kit from Troy, and Spec doesn't want to commit budget to a single factory WC rider when they already have Gravity Republic, enough exposure in DH and keeps the Enduro budget.

French Fries and curry powder: American team getting an English or Irish rider? No idea.

|

10/4/2016 3:15 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see YT add another big name. *pure speculation*

|

10/4/2016 5:39 PM

Mongool Cuypers wrote:

Remember me ?

I noticed that noboby saw the spaceshuttle exploding and that nasa doesnt have the budget to built a new one...

And it seems that French Fries are covered with curry powder next year

Ps : if you look at my older posts you can see i was right for 2016 if you could descript my code...

Hittheshowers13 wrote:

Space shuttle exploding: The space themed kit from Troy, and Spec doesn't want to commit budget to a single factory WC rider when they already have Gravity Republic, enough exposure in DH and keeps the Enduro budget.

French Fries and curry powder: American team getting an English or Irish rider? No idea.

My guess for the spaceshuttle is Danny Hart and Mondraker. They always seem to refer to Mondraker and their pit set up as being on another planet and Danny Hart definitely blew up this year. My guess is he is on the move. Could he go back to Giant??? I thought I heard they were looking to get a new rider. They are a huge brand without much of a presence of late on the DH scene or could he jump on Canyon?

|

10/5/2016 7:35 AM

space shuttle = red car rocket = Hart
NASA = Mondraker's crazy space pit
Fries and curry = all American brand TREK w/ all Brit squad.
Hart to Trek

|

10/6/2016 4:29 PM

BANG ! Back to the late 90's with Sam Blenkinsop and his prototype High Pivot Point downhill machine.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/norco-prototype-dh-bike-first-look.html

|

"The trail building is a dirty job, but someone has to do it"

10/10/2016 4:46 AM

yarrahappinni wrote:

I'll take a punt and put Jack Moir on a Syndicate ride next year.

No idea what's been confirmed about Jack yet but I can tell you you're going in the wrong direction.

|

10/13/2016 4:02 PM

has anyone else herd about giant on fox shox?

|

10/15/2016 12:22 AM

I guess that settles Fin Illes' position next season

|

10/17/2016 10:18 AM

With all the changes to DH for next year, I was waiting for the UCI to announce that all the Elite trade teams would have to have a female rider, but I think that'll be postponed for the next couple of years.

With that, Warner all but confirmed that Ratboy isn't racing next year while chatting with people at Foxhunt, meaning 2 places are available at the Syndicate. With Luca Shaw almost certain to be filling one of those spots, I think the other will be taken by Vergier or Bruni, depending on which of them is leaving Specialized (Bruni & Vergier Against the World). Maybe Troy will move to Gravity Republic too?

Harry Heath's old spot is still up for grabs at Norco, and it would be good to see one of the privateers coming to join them, maybe Kenta Gallagher or Muddy?

|

10/17/2016 12:59 PM

I dunno, I can't see Bruni leaving Specialized/Gravity Rep. as confirmed by the Instagram post above.

I reckon Brosnan will be joining Shaw and Minnaar at the Syndicate.

Vergier will leave Gravity Republic but where to? Canyon with Barel as manager?

|

10/17/2016 3:12 PM

Canyon would have the budget to sign a big name but I can't see Troy leaving Spesh, even if he does move to Gravity Republic. Norco will be pushing their new DH rig, and there's plenty of room at YT and potentially CRC/Nukeproof for another rider too.

|

10/18/2016 12:52 AM

Specialized Gravity is now announcing the last EVER Bruni and Vergier against the world episode this Friday. Guess this confirms Loris is moving.

|

10/18/2016 7:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2016 7:53 AM

Another year with the same issues, lol.
As I did last year here is the information fresh out of the oven.

Sindycate: Minnaar, Vergier, LUCA SHAW. For those who still do not know, Ratboy has withdrawn from the World Cup !!!

YT: Gwin and Angel Suarez, like this season.

Trek: Gee and Rachel continue, but it seems that Vernon has to look team.

Norco: Blenkinsop confirmed and waiting to sign another top rider.

Intense: Dean Lucas, Moir, Nikolas Nestoroff and Luca Cometti will have a new partner, Charlie Harrison.

Scott: Big changes, Brendan continues, but not confirmed Neko and most importantly, Scott did not follow, so velosolutions looking for a new brand.

Specialized Gravity: Bruni and Iles.

Specialized: Looking rider ???

MS Mondraker: The same team, but they said at Eurobike, Canyon will be the team brand.

Mondraker: New Troy Brosnan team ???

Giant: The same team, maybe a girl to be Elite team next year.

Last year I win bets, I'll win this year ??? YES.

|

10/18/2016 11:08 AM

I can't see MS leaving Mondraker after this season, and after the riders spent ages developing the new carbon bike. Plus Mr Hart has a bikepark to run now...

I think Giant will take on a big name male rider and/or female as the DH team really hasn't performed as well as expected. Would be good to see TahnΓ©e land a factory ride, although she would also fit in at MS now Ragot has finished.

No surprise on Taylor leaving Trek, but I'm sure he'll land on a good team elsewhere although I'm in the dark there.

Which other juniors will be moving up for next season?

|

10/18/2016 11:32 AM

Kade Edwards (junior men) and Mille Johnset (junior women) will join Trek with Gee & Rachel. Vergier with Canyon.

|

10/18/2016 11:54 AM

Mille is still 15, so I guess she is still on the development team for another year before stepping up to juniors.

|

10/18/2016 11:57 AM

Wonder if Adam Brayton will end up on a full factory ride. He deserves it after the year he's had.

|

10/18/2016 1:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2016 2:04 PM

Brayton's said a few times that he wants to stay with Hope as they're the only people that give him the freedom to work, ride whatever bikes he wants, and not to put too much pressure on him at races. If the right offer came along though, who knows?

Kade Edwards is a shout though, he's been pinned this season!

|

10/18/2016 7:17 PM

troy to canyon
vergier to syndicate

|

10/18/2016 7:36 PM

What about Miranda Miller? Any news about her?

With the results she got in 2016, she'll probably get a good spot and race all world cups. I certainly hope so! Having her on DGR would be nice!

|

10/19/2016 7:32 PM

Bryceland 4 enduro 2017.

|

10/19/2016 11:20 PM

You're all forgetting about Devinci, they'ld like to sign another top tier racer!

|

I can ride my bike with no handlebar!

10/20/2016 1:51 AM

Gweggy wrote:

You're all forgetting about Devinci, they'ld like to sign another top tier racer!

Exactly I heard a murmur that Troy maybe off to Devinci which would be awesome as I think the bike would suit his riding style and its tried and tested on the WC circuit where something like the new Canyon is fairly new

|

10/20/2016 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2016 9:45 AM

It's a matter of money too don't forget, Devinci are comparatively small next to Canyon, and Troy is a consistent podiumer. That said, it'd be cool to see him ride his namesike bike.

|

10/20/2016 11:44 AM

baronKanon wrote:

Specialized Gravity is now announcing the last EVER Bruni and Vergier against the world episode this Friday. Guess this confirms Loris is moving.

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

10/21/2016 11:57 PM

Ill go out on a limb, with a specculator, Minnar to YT

|

10/26/2016 5:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2016 5:56 AM

|

10/26/2016 5:29 AM

What happens out west, stays out west.

|

10/26/2016 7:03 AM

Isn't Vitus also a CRC brand? Maybe seeing if there is another CRC bike that fits him better, or just taking advantage of having more bikes to ride

|

10/26/2016 7:28 AM

MiSo11 wrote:

Isn't Vitus also a CRC brand? Maybe seeing if there is another CRC bike that fits him better, or just taking advantage of having more bikes to ride

Correct. Nukeproof doesn't make a proper hardtail XC bike and Sam was racing a 4 day 300km XC race. When he has the freedom to choose from the Vitus brand as it is part of the CRC Nukeproof family, then why wouldn't he choose the best option for him. No chance he's leaving NP next year. They don't currently have anyone at the EWS on their bikes and now Sam just took it to the top step, they will be sure to pay him enough to stay.

|