2017 Racing Rumors

Primoz
10/28/2016 10:30am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2016 10:32am
"A blue oval, roaring like the hounds of hell,
A bull upon its crown and a new fire burning,"

Gwin is a Red Bull athlete and he did have a Raptor (blue oval and all...).

Also,
"A rich mix, departing into the distance and out of our beams,"
This is the part hinting at Josh's retirement if you ask me.
10/28/2016 10:50am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2016 10:55am
Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights

Fairclough leaving Gstaad

And the Scotsman, I'm guessing might be Brayton to Canyon

50 stars would be a US rider, not sure about a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom
10/28/2016 10:59am
Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights Fairclough leaving Gstaad And the Scotsman, I'm guessing might be Brayton to Canyon 50 stars would be a...

50 stars would be a US rider, not sure about a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom
I think Adam Brayton is English not Scottish. Ruaridh Cunningham is Scottish.
10/28/2016 11:04am
Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights Fairclough leaving Gstaad And the Scotsman, I'm guessing might be Brayton to Canyon 50 stars would be a...

Could Gstaad be dead? If the dog reference is accurate for brendog and Neko not tagging gstaad/Scott but including his individual sponsors? Wonder where they will end up?
Primoz
10/28/2016 1:31pm
It has been said before that Scott will not continue with Claudio/Velosolutions.
AdamO
10/28/2016 2:05pm
Biggest news ever Daniel Hart for Scott. Hell yeah!
peecee
10/28/2016 4:46pm
I heard that Manon signed for Radon a couple of weeks ago check page 4.
rtclark
10/28/2016 6:12pm
PeteB wrote:
A Kiwi, Scot, Frenchman, and Japanese rider on the same team? Maybe Sushi was referring to Shimano? Or a Japanese bike brand? Troy to Canyon, but...
A Kiwi, Scot, Frenchman, and Japanese rider on the same team? Maybe Sushi was referring to Shimano? Or a Japanese bike brand?

Troy to Canyon, but with a scotsman? : Trojan horse crossing chasms, in it was stowed a scotsman

Winning Yeti: Graves or Rude to DH, or Yeti bringing a new DH bike?

A sight of beauty
a melting of cultures were seen,
Haggis, Croissants, Sushi and Kumara

Possibly Rocky Mountain is starting a team.
10/28/2016 6:35pm
A US rider to Rocky Mountain could be right,

"a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom"

Prince George BC is where the Rockies pass.
TomB13
10/29/2016 2:33am
Shore on the horizon is SHAW?

Wood working tools from Merthyr is Carpenter.

10/29/2016 8:54am
A US rider to Rocky Mountain could be right,

"a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom"

Prince George BC is where the Rockies pass.
Wales is likely to be the princes kingdom given the Prince of Wales is a fairly prominent chap and South Wales is home of the Valleys, also home of Manon and Mike Jones, amongst others.
Camber
10/29/2016 9:56am
Kenta Gallager is another Scottish rider not on a team
10/29/2016 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/29/2016 1:57pm
Greg Williamson is from Scotland aswell
Blue oval could be Schwalbe
Bull helmets: Gutierrez, Bulldog, Pompom, Gee and Rach, Beer, Gwin, Loic, Kitner, Polc, Slavik

DV8
10/29/2016 3:58pm
Is the purist church of all a reference to the pope? Loic is the pope. Loic on yeti?

Also with crc making redundancies would Mike Jones still have a job? Princes in Wales would certainly make more sense for him as the king is more likely Gee.

Troy and a Scott rider to Santa Cruz. Specialized and Santa Cruz are not that far apart geographically

Mannon to Radon which is a shame cause would have preferred to see her at Santa Cruz with Troy and Greg
elmo201
10/30/2016 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2016 1:00pm
A Trojan horse crossing chasms both far and wide - Troy to Canyon

In it was stowed a Scotsman - Ruaridh Cunningham (from Stow) to Canyon or Radon

Built with wood working tools from Merthyr, and able to withstand chemical 86 - Manon to Radon

A sight of beauty, a melting of cultures were seen, Haggis, Croissants, Sushi and Kumara - Kenta Gallagher, Loris and Blenki at Norco

Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights - Brendog off Scott

A rich mix, departing into the distance and out of our beams - Josh Bryceland (50:01 mix) leaving for a while

A blue oval, roaring like the hounds of hell, A bull upon its crown and a new fire burning - Gee focusing on rallying? (https://instagram.com/p/BMMuuHkhtLG/)

A winning yeti we could come forth, and join the purest church of all. - Richie Rude coming back to DH

From Descent-World FB page: “We're also hearing rumours of an american heading to london living…..?” - With Gstaad Scott folding, Neko to Pivot?

Also, a source at CRC said that if any of their riders would be leaving the team, it would be Joe Smith. Hill is already committed to EWS next season though so I don't think there'll be too much change there.
Primoz
10/30/2016 1:13pm
Like i said, Gwin is a Red Bull athlete and was famously driving the FOX Ford Raptor a few seasons back. If it makes any sense.
aaronfpeet
10/30/2016 1:17pm
Have any of you considered that the first line, negates the rest? A Trojan horse is a decoy, or a trap, and could easily be a joke to imply that the rest is made up.

I'm not saying that it is, but if it were a joke, it'd be a great one.
Primoz
10/30/2016 1:22pm
Hardly, there have been many long-standing rumours covered in this.
aaronfpeet
10/30/2016 1:55pm
Just sayin, rumors aren't always fact, and it would be an amazing joke.

I've seen a lot of confident speculation here, that I know to be inaccurate, so I'm curious as to how much of that goobledegook turns out to be true.
oliosky
10/31/2016 2:24am
Jack Moir signed to intense for a couple more years. Yew.
smelly
10/31/2016 5:39am
Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and his course previews are gold, but an announcer he ain't. Let's see them put Peaty or Cam McCaul in there.
sspomer
10/31/2016 7:52am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2016 8:13am
oliosky wrote:
Jack Moir signed to intense for a couple more years. Yew.
shark attack! verified via his instagram.

10/31/2016 9:43am
smelly wrote:
Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and...
Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and his course previews are gold, but an announcer he ain't. Let's see them put Peaty or Cam McCaul in there.
no "full pulls" in DH please!
10/31/2016 11:38am
smelly wrote:
Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and...
I think Claudio has really good insights on line choices and is able to make observations about nuances in the run with regard to who was faster over a section, and who had mistakes. Rob is a great commentator, and always interesting to listen to, but mainly reacts to split times and more obvious aspects of the run. I'd have to go back quite a while to find a duo in any sport who do as good a job as those two.
rEs
10/31/2016 12:48pm
smelly wrote:
I think Claudio has really good insights on line choices and is able to make observations about nuances in the run with regard to who was...
I think Claudio has really good insights on line choices and is able to make observations about nuances in the run with regard to who was faster over a section, and who had mistakes. Rob is a great commentator, and always interesting to listen to, but mainly reacts to split times and more obvious aspects of the run. I'd have to go back quite a while to find a duo in any sport who do as good a job as those two.
thedeathstar said it perfectly. quite a bit better than warner and cunningham (how ever spelt). Nigel Page has done the odd one with Warner which again was good, but Claudio and warner is good mix between commentating and insider knowledge.

Warner and peaty be interesting as he's been racing so long, knows the tracks / venues / pit crews / competitors the most out of anyone (maybe trio), but likely not as good as a replacement and he's a monster lad.
LLLLL
10/31/2016 4:21pm
Primoz wrote:
Well not interested is a strong word, but i hardly follow any DH coverage to be honest. Yeah, i check the results and watch a video...
Well not interested is a strong word, but i hardly follow any DH coverage to be honest. Yeah, i check the results and watch a video here and there, but the highlight for me is the pit-bits gallery. Just like reading technical stuff (like BMW's article on F1 V10 and V8 engine development, or the development of Cosworth's V8 F1 engine) is more enjoyable F1-wise than watcing it (i usually fall asleep on the couch if i manage to watch it).

Don't get me wrong, DH is still times more interesting than slopestyle, because that is something i will NEVER do, so i can't aspire to doing it. Just like slopestyle on the snow. And i do not aspire to race between the gates on the snow, while i do aspire to start ski touring. Which is the most alike to enduro riding, which, incidentially (without the racing) is exactly what i do.

That's why enduro stuff is the most interesting to me. Watching Valberg EWS coverage made me drool, i seriously want to go on a holiday there. Bryceland's Madeira movie makes me want to fly out there. I have zero wishes to go to Val di Sole because they have a DH trail there. And Sam hill riding a Pulse? Meh. Him riding a Mega? You know what, those bikes look nice!! Smile

To be honest, DH bikes, in my opinion, are not the most technically advanced bikes out there, enduro bikes are. My Reign made me miss my XC racing days on a fast, slightly rooty traverse, yet can handle all i can throw against it while going down the hill. And my thoughts are the same F1 vs. LMP1 wise, F1 is too constrained and racing in LMP1 is better in fact (across 6 hour races as a matter of fact!). But again, i just watch te highlights of LMP1 races Wink

It might be noteworthy that i am a mechanical engineer, so i might be a bit weird in regards to the technical stuff.
I rode some of the valberg trails, there very very nice. Not super super techy but long and super enjoyable

Post a reply to: 2017 Racing Rumors

The Latest