2017 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

10/31/2016 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2016 8:13 AM

oliosky wrote:

Jack Moir signed to intense for a couple more years. Yew.

shark attack! verified via his instagram.

|

10/31/2016 9:43 AM

smelly wrote:

Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and his course previews are gold, but an announcer he ain't. Let's see them put Peaty or Cam McCaul in there.

no "full pulls" in DH please!

|

10/31/2016 10:46 AM

|

10/31/2016 11:38 AM

smelly wrote:

Who cares who's riding which bike. What I want to know is who will be in the booth with Warner? Claudio builds a sick pumptrack and his course previews are gold, but an announcer he ain't. Let's see them put Peaty or Cam McCaul in there.

I think Claudio has really good insights on line choices and is able to make observations about nuances in the run with regard to who was faster over a section, and who had mistakes. Rob is a great commentator, and always interesting to listen to, but mainly reacts to split times and more obvious aspects of the run. I'd have to go back quite a while to find a duo in any sport who do as good a job as those two.

|

10/31/2016 12:48 PM

smelly wrote:

thedeathstar wrote:

I think Claudio has really good insights on line choices and is able to make observations about nuances in the run with regard to who was faster over a section, and who had mistakes. Rob is a great commentator, and always interesting to listen to, but mainly reacts to split times and more obvious aspects of the run. I'd have to go back quite a while to find a duo in any sport who do as good a job as those two.

thedeathstar said it perfectly. quite a bit better than warner and cunningham (how ever spelt). Nigel Page has done the odd one with Warner which again was good, but Claudio and warner is good mix between commentating and insider knowledge.

Warner and peaty be interesting as he's been racing so long, knows the tracks / venues / pit crews / competitors the most out of anyone (maybe trio), but likely not as good as a replacement and he's a monster lad.

|

10/31/2016 4:21 PM

Primoz wrote:

Well not interested is a strong word, but i hardly follow any DH coverage to be honest. Yeah, i check the results and watch a video here and there, but the highlight for me is the pit-bits gallery. Just like reading technical stuff (like BMW's article on F1 V10 and V8 engine development, or the development of Cosworth's V8 F1 engine) is more enjoyable F1-wise than watcing it (i usually fall asleep on the couch if i manage to watch it).

Don't get me wrong, DH is still times more interesting than slopestyle, because that is something i will NEVER do, so i can't aspire to doing it. Just like slopestyle on the snow. And i do not aspire to race between the gates on the snow, while i do aspire to start ski touring. Which is the most alike to enduro riding, which, incidentially (without the racing) is exactly what i do.

That's why enduro stuff is the most interesting to me. Watching Valberg EWS coverage made me drool, i seriously want to go on a holiday there. Bryceland's Madeira movie makes me want to fly out there. I have zero wishes to go to Val di Sole because they have a DH trail there. And Sam hill riding a Pulse? Meh. Him riding a Mega? You know what, those bikes look nice!!

To be honest, DH bikes, in my opinion, are not the most technically advanced bikes out there, enduro bikes are. My Reign made me miss my XC racing days on a fast, slightly rooty traverse, yet can handle all i can throw against it while going down the hill. And my thoughts are the same F1 vs. LMP1 wise, F1 is too constrained and racing in LMP1 is better in fact (across 6 hour races as a matter of fact!). But again, i just watch te highlights of LMP1 races

It might be noteworthy that i am a mechanical engineer, so i might be a bit weird in regards to the technical stuff.

I rode some of the valberg trails, there very very nice. Not super super techy but long and super enjoyable

|

11/1/2016 12:56 AM

Slightly off topic . . . but inside info regarding Gwin. Last year, for just riding that frame, YT gave him $500k. That's before all his other sponsorships.

|

11/1/2016 12:04 PM

That may be so, but other than getting the best rider in the world to win the WC series on an otherwise unproven frame thus massively increasing sales and marketability what did they really get...

|

11/1/2016 4:22 PM

elmo201 wrote:

A Trojan horse crossing chasms both far and wide - Troy to Canyon

In it was stowed a Scotsman - Ruaridh Cunningham (from Stow) to Canyon or Radon

Built with wood working tools from Merthyr, and able to withstand chemical 86 - Manon to Radon

A sight of beauty, a melting of cultures were seen, Haggis, Croissants, Sushi and Kumara - Kenta Gallagher, Loris and Blenki at Norco

Dogs took their last supper on alpine heights - Brendog off Scott

A rich mix, departing into the distance and out of our beams - Josh Bryceland (50:01 mix) leaving for a while

A blue oval, roaring like the hounds of hell, A bull upon its crown and a new fire burning - Gee focusing on rallying? (https://instagram.com/p/BMMuuHkhtLG/)

A winning yeti we could come forth, and join the purest church of all. - Richie Rude coming back to DH

From Descent-World FB page: “We're also hearing rumours of an american heading to london living…..?” - With Gstaad Scott folding, Neko to Pivot?

Also, a source at CRC said that if any of their riders would be leaving the team, it would be Joe Smith. Hill is already committed to EWS next season though so I don't think there'll be too much change there.

I wanna see a Semenuk vs. Atherton rally race! C'mon Red Bull. Make it happen!

|

11/1/2016 4:24 PM

smelly wrote:

Cam to Red Bull. Brilliant!

|

11/1/2016 5:41 PM

get cedric in the booth with warner.. happened a few times back in the good old freecaster days.

|

11/2/2016 3:38 AM

|

11/2/2016 3:40 AM

Does Gwin have a stalker?

|

11/2/2016 6:37 AM

haha, Gwin sure knows how to play us! Pretty sure he has the same trainer that works with the Norco guys or something like that!

|

11/2/2016 11:13 AM

"A Trojan horse crossing chasms both far and wide,In it was stowed a Scotsman"

Here's an alternative to Troy going to Canyon. Brendog to Canyon. He's a Scott rider and sponsored by TLD. Its wide speculation, but hey all in fun.

|

11/2/2016 11:47 AM

Loris staying with Specialized

|

11/2/2016 12:13 PM

He has been riding that colour most of the season.
|

11/2/2016 2:31 PM

Read the words buddy

|

11/2/2016 2:42 PM

Where did you get the post from?

|

11/2/2016 2:50 PM

sharpy212 wrote:

Where did you get the post from?

Facebook
I am specialized page

|

11/2/2016 3:03 PM

don't get your hopes up!
|

11/2/2016 3:06 PM

Or they are just saying that the colour he picked last season made it to production in 2017...

https://www.specialized.com/de/de/bikes/mountain/demo-8-i-carbon/115370

|

11/2/2016 5:13 PM

What if Loic wants 1mio salary and Specialized wont pay.. didnt he mentioned he would love to ride again with blenky?

Just a thought..

|

11/2/2016 5:35 PM

finn has been riding the same colour frame recently

|

11/3/2016 1:03 AM

Oh the plot thickens... I also believe there's a video of Gaetan Vige ripping a canyon floating about the net

|

11/3/2016 8:22 AM

Official . Manon off Madison
|

11/3/2016 9:40 AM

Madison Saracen and Manon Carpenter part ways (full announcement). What's next for the pinner from Wales?

Madison Saracen would like to say a huge thank you to Manon Carpenter who, after an unforgettable and enormously successful six seasons will leave the squad at the end of 2016.

Manon has been a part of the team since its launch in 2011 and we are immensely proud to have partnered a career that - so far - has included two world championship titles and the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup series.

Along the way there have been some huge highs on and off the bike and summarising Manon’s many accomplishments was no easy task for team manager Will Longden, who paid tribute to her contribution to the team.

“We are delighted with Manon’s achievements during her time at Madison Saracen, helping her develop from an aspiring junior to world champion. Aside from her results on the race track, Manon has inspired countless women to try the sport, acting as an ambassador not just for the team, but for British mountain biking worldwide.”

Manon looked back on her time on the team with similarly fond memories.

"I'm very grateful to Madison Saracen for the opportunities they have provided me with over the last six years. I've witnessed it grow from a young development team to the factory world cup team it is today.

“Helping the team step onto the world cup team podium was a huge highlight, along with myself topping the world cup podiums in 2014.

“I've learnt a huge amount about myself and racing through my years with Madison Saracen and I feel like it has put me in a great position going forward. So I want to say a big thank you to all those involve, and to the companies who have supported us so well along the way. I wish everyone the very best for the future!"

CARPENTER’S CAREER

What started with Manon’s first ever elite win at the opening round of the British Downhill Series in 2011, continued with her first rainbow jersey in Champery as a junior in the same year.

By 2012, the Welshwoman had taken her first step onto an elite podium at the mountain bike world cup with second in South Africa, backing it up with third at the world championships in Leogang.

Regular appearances on the box followed in 2013, with four second places at the world cup series and third the overall standings.

But it was a first world cup win at Pietermaritzburg in 2014 that set Carpenter up for the series title by way of victories in Leogang and Mt. St. Anne.

Not content with being crowned the most consistent rider of the season, Manon claimed a second rainbow jersey on her Myst, winning the world championships in Hafjell, Norway.

A spectacular 2015 showed Manon’s character to keep fighting against adversity and won her many more admirers.

Getting up to complete her run after a huge crash in Fort William showed physical bravery, while her mental strength was underlined when she came back from disqualification the following week in Leogang, to take three-consecutive second-places.

This was enough to take second overall in the world cup – a result she would replicate in 2016.

|

11/3/2016 9:48 AM

radon bikes, got a reliable source on this!!

|

11/3/2016 9:54 AM

ariel151 wrote:

radon bikes, got a reliable source on this!!

It's been going around for a while has that.

|

11/3/2016 12:53 PM

"A blue oval, roaring like the hounds of hell,
A bull upon its crown and a new fire burning,"
Gee Atherton to rally with a Ford(Blue Oval)/ Red Bull (bull upon it's crown) sponsored team? He won his class at Wales Rally GB and now that the Volkswagen WRC team (who were heavily sponsored by Red Bull) has folded, maybe Red Bull are wanting fresh talent to sponsor?

"50 stars we saw floating over,
a vision of valleys in a princes kingdom"
Charlie Harrison (50 Stars) on Fox (floating over) to join a Welsh team (princes kingdom)? Possibly the Madison Saracen team?

|