2017 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

11/19/2016 3:38 PM

lloyd506 wrote:

rumours are brook doesnt like racing the fury and is trying to get out of his contract with garbage truck

oliosky wrote:

Brosnan has been pretty low key on social media lately. Moto's and dog shots mostly. Same as Bulldog.

I think we may see something that not a specialized soon...

Canyon probably..

|

11/20/2016 7:58 AM

Heared some rumors today from a very relieable source;

- Velosolutions still with Scott
- Neko Mullaly off Scott, maybe to Pivot or Ibis (!!!)

Seems like Ibis is working on a DH bike... you heared it here first boys! ;-)

|

11/20/2016 9:36 AM

Blenki is staying on Norco for 2017, they are still looking for another rider to add to their roster but it's yet to be confirmed.

Personally I'm happy just to watch @brynatkinson slap some cutties.

There will also be no Devinci Global Racing for 2017 which puts Mark Wallace up for grabs.

|

11/20/2016 9:38 AM

And Brage.

|

11/20/2016 10:23 AM

endlesstrailz wrote:

Blenki is staying on Norco for 2017, they are still looking for another rider to add to their roster but it's yet to be confirmed.

There will also be no Devinci Global Racing for 2017 which puts Mark Wallace up for grabs.

Wait, no more DGR? Source?

|

11/20/2016 10:25 AM

Alex Marin leaving Giant?

|

11/20/2016 11:08 AM

Not necessarily.

|

11/20/2016 12:31 PM

Riders often sell their racing and spare bikes in the off season for some cash. Back in the day you could buy these in their preferred bike shops, today I guess it's the internet, obviously.

Some interesting rumours here in the last couple of hours, for sure!

I no vividly remember the interaction between Troy and Rachel at Val di Sole, after the race, while Sven was taking shots for his feature with her. It was one the funniest things I've ever seen on the circuit. Troy trying Rachel's bike and being self-ironic and Rach poking fun at him, while Sven was grabbing sound bites that you might have heard in the gallery. These are two people pretty much at the top of their game, enjoying some off time in a friendly environment. Very down to earth and at the same time hilarious! Here you can see Troy checking if the Session has all the proper features:

Let's see some more rumours fly in!

Cheers,
Mx

|

11/20/2016 1:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2016 1:09 PM

Btw; Brendog stays with Velosolutions/Scott
Not sure if Gstaad is still in the boat...

|

11/20/2016 2:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2016 2:47 PM

jojotherider wrote:

No more DGR for 2017. Just the Enduro team.

That puts Wallace and Vestavik up for grabs

|

11/20/2016 3:59 PM

endlesstrailz wrote:

jojotherider wrote:

endlesstrailz wrote:

No more DGR for 2017. Just the Enduro team.

That puts Wallace and Vestavik up for grabs

Wow, that is a pretty big deal considering they launched the carbon version of the Wilson.

Will they be just the frame sponsor for anyone? Or are they going to be like Rocky and make a bike

that no one rides on the WC.

|

11/22/2016 11:07 AM

Wallace to Norco seems like a pretty obvious fit.

Ibis DH bike?? I'll believe it when I see it. Doesn't seem to fit with their brand. If they wanted to invest more in racing I'd think it would be in a more competitive factory enduro team.

|

11/23/2016 6:26 PM

Kurt Vories signs with Zerode to come back to World Cup DH!!! #Fun Lies...

|

11/23/2016 11:14 PM

Unable to get out of his contract, GT parent company sent Bulldog packing to race on new Mongoose DH bike.
From a reliable internet source.

|

11/24/2016 8:32 AM

depeche4 wrote:

Wow, that is a pretty big deal considering they launched the carbon version of the Wilson.

Will they be just the frame sponsor for anyone? Or are they going to be like Rocky and make a bike

that no one rides on the WC.

Rocky Mountain Maiden is on the world cup scene, Vaea Verbeeck is riding for them.

|

11/24/2016 11:50 AM

https://instagram.com/p/BNHtXFYjzs1/
The new look Syndicate...

|

11/24/2016 9:44 PM

Brook selling up on the local Nz Mtb sales groups.......just adding fuel to the fire

|

11/24/2016 9:54 PM

trex84 wrote:

Brook selling up on the local Nz Mtb sales groups.......just adding fuel to the fire

Jeez he'd be lucky to give that POS away. Maybe a ritual burning for your bday Bulldog?

|

11/24/2016 10:06 PM

Let me get this straight Atherton's design frame win heaps of shit but nobody can ride it.Wyn's struggling week to week to lift the nose for the cameras brooks selling upoff to be a pro fisherman

|

11/24/2016 11:40 PM

Brendan riding some Specialized 2FO. Maybe a changing as his best freind Neethling riding for them.
|

11/25/2016 6:31 AM

bright yellow french pros testing dh 29ers right now its the future

|

11/25/2016 11:40 AM

OCsponger587 wrote:

well, that's sad..

|

11/26/2016 5:33 PM

OCsponger587 wrote:

Yoann Barelli off Giant Factory. On Commencal next year... but that's not surprising is'nt it?

|

11/27/2016 11:48 AM

And Bull Dogg is tagging GT again...

[url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BNU04ITBHka/]

|

11/27/2016 5:04 PM

toddsour wrote:

And Bull Dogg is tagging GT again...

[url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BNU04ITBHka/]

Maybe its having a sly dog at them if the rumours are true, firs pic in a hole to tag GT in and its him falling off the bike haha not sure they want that kinda publicity

|

11/28/2016 12:41 AM

OCsponger587 wrote:

care to explain ?

thanks !

|

11/28/2016 12:52 PM

MS Mondraker with Shimano/Fox

|

"The trail building is a dirty job, but someone has to do it"

11/28/2016 12:53 PM

|

"The trail building is a dirty job, but someone has to do it"

11/28/2016 4:42 PM

Danny has been very active with Mondraker on social media.. hard to believe the rumors of him leaving.

|

11/28/2016 6:03 PM

Devinci just sent us this press release regarding Devinci Global Racing in 2017. Bummed to get the news and wishing them the best in their future endeavors. #longlivechainsaw

Press Release

For immediate release

Devinci Global Racing Puts DH Program on Hold

Chicoutimi, November 28th 2016 – The year 2016 has been an emotional one at Cycles Devinci. The season started with great promise, as Stevie Smith was once again in World Cup winning form after several seasons marred by injuries. Things were bright on the Enduro scene as well; Damien Oton secured the second place in the EWS overall standings. There was also Magnus Manson’s unforgettable podium finish at the World Championships in Val Di Sole Italy.

Unfortunately, tragedy struck in early May, Stevie Smith was lost in a motorcycle accident in his hometown of Nanaimo, BC. This sad news was hard on everyone at Devinci and it also had a major impact on riders and fans all over the world. Steve’s contribution and commitment to the Devinci brand, but most importantly to the sport, will always be remembered.

Unable to put together a team that met our expectations, we took the decision to step away from UCI Downhill racing for 2017. It was an incredibly difficult decision to make, but we hope to return to World Cup racing in the very near future.

Our involvement in racing and the Devinci Global Racing Team has always been one of our top priorities. Although we are taking a short break from DH racing, our Enduro program will be going strong with Damien and Theo on the EWS circuit. We will also continue to support many great athletes and programs around the World in all cycling disciplines in their quest for the podium.

|

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.