2018 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

1/13/2018 2:26 PM

Rumors of Gully going to Focus and Schley getting dropped by Rotwild.

|

1/13/2018 7:28 PM

Petder wrote:

I smell a shimano-crisis.... it seems they are dumping quite a few teams....
Scott on trp brakes, trek with renthal and hope....
Wondering whats going on there...

Sram dumping people too.

|

1/14/2018 2:37 AM

Young 16yo Kye Ahern from Aus has dropped all his sponsors, Norco factory, shimano, ion and deity, and has been tagged leaving for france for two weeks for team camp.

Who is in france atm? Done a quick insta check and cant see anyone but commencal, but someone commented saying Troy is heading there aswell. Dont know if that means Brosnan?

|

1/14/2018 3:09 AM

NEW rider on the Canyon DH Team - "new kid on the block"

|

1/14/2018 4:52 AM

Devinci reloaded for the EWS season:
---------------------------------------------------
Devinci Riders Bring Speed, Skill to the Enduro World Series Stage.

With a new Enduro World Series (EWS) season in sight, Cycles Devinci is proud to present this year’s team roster, ready to dominate podiums while piloting the latest iteration of the race-winning Spartan.

Frenchman Damien Oton, the “Catalan Eagle,” once again leads the charge - entering his fifth year as a pro and celebrating his fifth year with the Devinci family. Oton snatched a trio of podium finishes in 2017, capping a remarkable season in Finale Ligure, Italy, by landing on the highest step of the box.

"I’m stoked to continue with the team, and I’m looking forward to kicking off the season with a talented and highly motivated teammate." - Damien Oton

Alongside Oton, 21-year-old Kiwi phenom Keegan Wright joins the Devinci ranks—with impressive results in tow. In 2016, he won the New Zealand Enduro overall title. And riding that momentum, last year Wright captured overall honors at the Downhill National Cup. He also pocketed podiums at the New Zealand Elite Downhill National Championship and in front of a riotous home crowd at the Crankworx Rotorua Pump Track Challenge.

"I’m absolutely over the moon to be racing for such an amazing bike brand. Ever since I hopped on a Spartan last fall, I’ve felt right at home. My ultimate goal is to be on that podium, and I can’t wait to blast into the international season with all cylinders firing." - Keegan Wright

|

1/14/2018 6:45 AM

bavshredder wrote:

Kye Ahern

|

1/14/2018 9:13 AM

Can't wait to see Brendan Fairclough ripping Gambler with Obsys fork. For me it is best news of 2018

|

1/14/2018 9:47 AM

AdamO wrote:

Can't wait to see Brendan Fairclough ripping Gambler with Obsys fork. For me it is best news of 2018

practice better watch out!

|

1/14/2018 10:23 AM

yohan bareli is *bumming*

|

1/14/2018 11:39 AM

JayDawger wrote:

Rumors of Gully going to Focus and Schley getting dropped by Rotwild.

Be crazy to see if Geoff leaves Rocky....won't feel right

|

1/15/2018 2:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2018 2:47 AM

Szymon Godziek joins NS Bikes

|

1/15/2018 4:11 AM

Holditflat_mitch wrote:

Young 16yo Kye Ahern from Aus has dropped all his sponsors, Norco factory, shimano, ion and deity, and has been tagged leaving for france for two weeks for team camp.

Who is in france atm? Done a quick insta check and cant see anyone but commencal, but someone commented saying Troy is heading there aswell. Dont know if that means Brosnan?

I just got off the phone to Kye's family dog, Ricky. He has told me all the inside info in which Kye is going to France for 'Team camp', a secret code for a family holiday in the alps to go skiing before heading off to test out his new bike from Antidote bikes. Running upside down BOS forks, DVO pull shocks, Maxxis front and Schwalbe rear tires, anodised green valve stems, 28.25" wheels with 33 spokes, magura front brake on the right and trp rear brake on the left with box components drivetrain. Now Ricky has never ever lied in his life so this must be nothing but the truth, I've added a photo of Ricky so you can see the face providing this info.

|

1/15/2018 4:18 AM

mattstaggs wrote:

I just got off the phone to Kye's family dog, Ricky. He has told me all the inside info in which Kye is going to France for 'Team camp', a secret code for a family holiday in the alps to go skiing before heading off to test out his new bike from Antidote bikes. Running upside down BOS forks, DVO pull shocks, Maxxis front and Schwalbe rear tires, anodised green valve stems, 28.25" wheels with 33 spokes, magura front brake on the right and trp rear brake on the left with box components drivetrain. Now Ricky has never ever lied in his life so this must be nothing but the truth, I've added a photo of Ricky so you can see the face providing this info.

sounds good

|

1/15/2018 6:27 AM

Not sure if this is news but there was a guy filing at Santa's Village on a Devinci wearing a Uniour Tools Devinci jersey. No name on the jersey.

|

1/15/2018 8:23 AM

IBIS 2018 EWS Team - Lewis Buchanan and Bex Baroana on board!

https://www.ibiscycles.com/team/

|

1/15/2018 9:54 AM

AdamO wrote:

'size wrote:

practice better watch out!

Ice farking cold!

|

1/15/2018 2:02 PM

bavshredder wrote:

dombarber1 wrote:

Kye Ahern

Troy Brosan kinda confirmed it on his insta story
I mean look at the long hair, the kye ahern looks pretty much the same as the person in the story

|

1/15/2018 2:04 PM

Is it Greg Williamson who's off to Canyon ?

|

1/15/2018 5:18 PM

https://instagram.com/p/Bd8aZ-klEvC/

Maybe Magnus Manson to canyon?

|

1/15/2018 5:32 PM

mfoga1 wrote:

Not sure if this is news but there was a guy filing at Santa's Village on a Devinci wearing a Uniour Tools Devinci jersey. No name on the jersey.

Probably Dakota Norton

|

1/15/2018 8:06 PM

Okay so Yoann's actually just a big meme.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_r3SQHnyv/

|

1/15/2018 8:42 PM

bavshredder wrote:

dombarber1 wrote:

Kye Ahern

Boom
|

1/15/2018 9:37 PM

|

1/15/2018 9:49 PM

dylanemdasilva wrote:

Okay so Yoann's actually just a big meme.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_r3SQHnyv/

That is actually quite funny!

And I'm not sure Ergon puts that much value on accuracy...

|

1/16/2018 12:03 AM

bavshredder wrote:

dombarber1 wrote:

Kye Ahern

Ghostifari wrote:

Boom

I would be suprised if Seagrave is joining Canyon, but you never know

|

1/16/2018 1:16 AM

Hahaha! Yoann Barelli to REDBUTT for 2017.

|

1/16/2018 1:20 AM

|

1/16/2018 2:37 AM

The Gehrig Twins are on Norco.

|

1/16/2018 5:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2018 5:56 AM

casey79 wrote:

The Gehrig Twins are on Norco.

No suspension sponsor? Or yet to be announced?

Obviously didn't want to be giving Sram the logo placement in that shot.

|

1/16/2018 8:17 AM

Cam Zink off SRAM / ROCK SHOX

|