2018 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

1/16/2018 8:43 AM

Payet will ride a 29er Summum...watch out everyone! a bike that fits him. VoulVoul Racing's PR
--------------
VoulVoul Racing team is delighted to confirm every riders for 2018 season.

Team Manager, Patrice Afflatet said “So far the team have achieved awesome results, 4th of the 2017 UCI Gravity Team ranking, Florent 3rd at the 2016 worlds, Marine 4th, the French team select four of our riders for the 2017 world championship !
It is very hard for a small team as we are, budget is more than tight, and everything have to be calculated, but we are also a kind of family with solid spirit and friendship, that is really helpful. We are really happy to be able to pursue with all those talented riders.”

Team leader, Florent Payet (31), current European Champion, will ride a newly built 29’’ Mondraker Summum. Baptiste Pierron (24) 15th of the 2017 world cup overall show that Amaury wasn’t the only “Pierron’s”, he is ready to go evn further. Marine Cabirou (21), 2015 Junior World Champion, 2016 European Champion, she is committed to stay at the top of women ranking, after a nice podium in Vallnord last year, she is working hard to be regular at top level. Last, Kevin Marry (20) and Antoine Pierron (19, third member of that rather fast familly) were in the top league juniors, they both have a really strong potential and should perform very well in elite. We will also continue with Thomas Denizot on the 4X Pro Tour and help a few national riders as well as new, yet unseen, young riders, stay tuned.

We want to thanks all our fellow partners, it is pretty difficult nowadays to have partnership for so long time, height years with Mondraker (Frames), fifth season with SR Suntour (Suspensions), ten years (!) with Formula (Brakes), seven years with Kenny Racing (Riders Kits as well as Helmets and Goggles in 2018).

In addition, RaceFace will provide the drive train, Reverse Components bars and stems, Shovel chain guides, Crankbrothers will manage the pedals, ODI for the grips and we will still have custom SDG saddles and seatposts.

Last, our long-term supporters Pedros (Tools, Lub & Clean), Novyparts (Chassis setup), Cyrpeo Bike Shop and Julien our friend from TchoukTV remain as solid added values.

Finaly we are happy to announce a new partnership with Schwalbe (Tires) and HXR Components (Custom Parts).

We cannot wait for the season to kick off, see you all in Losinj… !

1/16/2018 12:24 PM

bavshredder wrote:

Cam Zink off SRAM / ROCK SHOX

This might be the most surprising one Of all. . .wow.

1/16/2018 2:34 PM

sspomer wrote:

Payet will ride a 29er Summum...watch out everyone! a bike that fits him. VoulVoul Racing's PR
--------------

Team Manager, Patrice Afflatet said “So far the team have achieved awesome results, 4th of the 2017 UCI Gravity Team ranking, Florent 3rd at the 2016 worlds, Marine 4th, the French team select four of our riders for the 2017 world championship !
It is very hard for a small team as we are, budget is more than tight, and everything have to be calculated, but we are also a kind of family with solid spirit and friendship, that is really helpful. We are really happy to be able to pursue with all those talented riders.”

Team leader, Florent Payet (31), current European Champion, will ride a newly built 29’’ Mondraker Summum. Baptiste Pierron (24) 15th of the 2017 world cup overall show that Amaury wasn’t the only “Pierron’s”, he is ready to go evn further. Marine Cabirou (21), 2015 Junior World Champion, 2016 European Champion, she is committed to stay at the top of women ranking, after a nice podium in Vallnord last year, she is working hard to be regular at top level. Last, Kevin Marry (20) and Antoine Pierron (19, third member of that rather fast familly) were in the top league juniors, they both have a really strong potential and should perform very well in elite. We will also continue with Thomas Denizot on the 4X Pro Tour and help a few national riders as well as new, yet unseen, young riders, stay tuned.

We want to thanks all our fellow partners, it is pretty difficult nowadays to have partnership for so long time, height years with Mondraker (Frames), fifth season with SR Suntour (Suspensions), ten years (!) with Formula (Brakes), seven years with Kenny Racing (Riders Kits as well as Helmets and Goggles in 2018).

In addition, RaceFace will provide the drive train, Reverse Components bars and stems, Shovel chain guides, Crankbrothers will manage the pedals, ODI for the grips and we will still have custom SDG saddles and seatposts.

Last, our long-term supporters Pedros (Tools, Lub & Clean), Novyparts (Chassis setup), Cyrpeo Bike Shop and Julien our friend from TchoukTV remain as solid added values.

Finaly we are happy to announce a new partnership with Schwalbe (Tires) and HXR Components (Custom Parts).

I cant wait to see Payet on that 29er - the guy is an animal and with a big bike there is no doubt he will go faster.

I should have added him to the forum comments about potential new winners in 2018...oh hang maybe i did already.

1/16/2018 2:52 PM

sspomer wrote:

--------------

russthedog wrote:

I cant wait to see Payet on that 29er - the guy is an animal and with a big bike there is no doubt he will go faster.

I should have added him to the forum comments about potential new winners in 2018...oh hang maybe i did already.

Is this the same HXR that does the wild shift-while-you-coast driveline?? I could probably see that being useful in certain dh scenarios.

1/16/2018 3:28 PM

Geoff Gulevich looks like he is off Rocky Mountain as he’s on a Focus Sam

1/16/2018 3:33 PM

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned with all the Alchemy stuff, but it looks like Anneke Beerten is off sram. Fox suspensions, Shimano drivetrain and Enve components.

1/16/2018 3:50 PM

EWS creates the Continental Enduro Series which uses existing events.
https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Enduro-World-Series-launches-new-Continental-Enduro-Series,1129

1/16/2018 6:12 PM

sspomer wrote:

https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Enduro-World-Series-launches-new-Continental-Enduro-Series,1129

This is rad, although I wonder if the overlap with the Aspen round and US Open was intentional.

1/16/2018 7:48 PM

sspomer wrote:

AaronofGROOVE wrote:

This is rad, although I wonder if the overlap with the Aspen round and US Open was intentional.

Seems like a scheduling SNAFU to me. I wonder if we’ll see a reschedule.

1/16/2018 8:26 PM

russthedog wrote:

Damn straight! Tall guys rule! Though I may be slightly biased as I stand a proud two meters.

1/17/2018 1:17 AM

Big Bird wrote:

Damn straight! Tall guys rule! Though I may be slightly biased as I stand a proud two meters.

Another tall guy here at 195.... I've loved watching Payet ride ever since I saw him in Lenzerheide where everyone else was taking this big drop to a turn and having trouble on it, then he just rolled right over it and soaked the whole thing up with his longer legs like it was a little bomb hole... super excited to see him on a bike that fits him and see what he is capable of with it.

1/17/2018 1:52 AM

AaronofGROOVE wrote:

For the European one the Scottish round is an existing round of the Scottish Enduro Series. So I'd guess the Aspen one was also deliberate.

1/17/2018 4:01 AM

bavshredder wrote:

Cam Zink off SRAM / ROCK SHOX

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

This might be the most surprising one Of all. . .wow.

Less surprising for me, he did an instastory A week or more back where he was quite focussed on the Fox Racing Shox element of the buggy or moto he was looking at. I found that not to be the sort of thing someone would do if sponsored by SRAM.

1/17/2018 4:15 AM

pimpin gimp wrote:

Less surprising for me, he did an instastory A week or more back where he was quite focussed on the Fox Racing Shox element of the buggy or moto he was looking at. I found that not to be the sort of thing someone would do if sponsored by SRAM.

Right at the beginning of the year(or might have been end of last) he made a post about how he had just signed the biggest deal of his career so far.
Was waiting for someone to post it here but surprised no one said anything. I assume now it has to do with this.

1/17/2018 7:14 AM

frampo wrote:

Looks more like Cannondale to me

1/17/2018 7:23 AM

Look at the top tube and the writing on it.

1/17/2018 7:24 AM

frampo wrote:

sam_\hughes/ wrote:

Looks more like Cannondale to me

It's clearly a Focus Sam Pro 2018
https://www.focus-bikes.com/ch_de/43646-focus-sam-c-pro.html

1/17/2018 7:35 AM

What a shame and it will be a big loss for RM if Geoff does leave. I always thought the RM Crew(with Thomas V, Geoff G, Wade Simmons, Brett T) we inseparable.
I kinda always wonder what it takes for a brand like Focus to bring a personality and talented rider such as Geoff on board, I mean he literally lives down the road from the RM HQ.
Don't get me wrong, the Focus bikes are probably not half bad, but the image of RM and ist roots are awesome.

1/17/2018 7:57 AM

sspomer wrote:

AaronofGROOVE wrote:

bloodsexmagik wrote:

For the European one the Scottish round is an existing round of the Scottish Enduro Series. So I'd guess the Aspen one was also deliberate.

All EWS races are traditional races that they have tagged on to and encouraged to go big!

1/17/2018 8:13 AM

1/17/2018 8:47 AM

parnifel wrote:

What a shame and it will be a big loss for RM if Geoff does leave. I always thought the RM Crew(with Thomas V, Geoff G, Wade Simmons, Brett T) we inseparable.
I kinda always wonder what it takes for a brand like Focus to bring a personality and talented rider such as Geoff on board, I mean he literally lives down the road from the RM HQ.
Don't get me wrong, the Focus bikes are probably not half bad, but the image of RM and ist roots are awesome.

I think it more comes down to what are you getting from Geoff these days... Sure, posting on insta is great, but rocky already has a bunch of people filling that role. He hasn't really done anything meaningful (that was memorable) for quite some time.

1/17/2018 9:00 AM

parnifel wrote:

Probably just takes some more money than RM....yeah there is some loyalty, but Gully has just been doing intagram stuff for a while now, but they have other riders doing that too, so if focus gave him a better deal, why wouldn't he jump at it?

1/17/2018 9:20 AM

Good points..especially the instagram bits. Sure,loyalty always plays a big role. Just didn’t picture Gully going to a German brand.
Probably won’t be long til the first Gully goes Ebike video goes viral. Focus Ebikes are big in Europe

1/17/2018 5:05 PM

some XC team news from Pivot
---------------
Pivot Cycles commits to Stan’s Pivot-Pro Team through 2020
Stan’s-Pivot Pro Team p/b Maxxis signs Swenson, Gomez-Villafañe

The Stan’s-Pivot Pro Team p/b Maxxis has set themselves up for a successful 2018, doubling its roster and signing with Stan’s NoTubes, Pivot Cycles, and Maxxis Tires through 2020. New racers Keegan Swenson and Sofia Gomez-Villafañe will join returning riders Rose Grant and Chloe Woodruff. The team of four will tag-team an international and domestic racing schedule that includes a wide range of events, including the Andalucia Bike Race, the UCI MTB World Cup, Sea Otter Classic, Cactus Cup, and the Epic Rides Off-Road Series.

“When we founded the team in 2015 with Stan’s NoTubes, we started thinking about how we could build a sustainable and racer-focused program. We’ve had three incredible seasons as a team but we’re constantly evaluating how we could do better,” Woodruff said. “Adding Keegan and Sofia will let us divide and conquer and remove some pressure off any single racer. And they’re just awesome people.”

Swenson brings a wealth of experience with room to grow at just 24 years old. In 2018, Swenson will race a full World Cup schedule with Woodruff, who raced in the 2016 Rio Olympics. “I’m really excited to join the Stan’s-Pivot Pro Team, and I’m looking forward to getting back to racing at the World Cup level in preparation for Tokyo 2020,” Swenson said. Gomez-Villafañe’s grew up in Argentina, began racing in the Norcal High School Cycling League and continued at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colo., progressing quickly in just a few seasons of racing cross-country. Notable performances included an all-out battle against Grant at the Missoula Pro XCT. Giving Gomez-Villafañe added exposure alongside her new teammates will aid her in her progression as a racer.

The team will race abroad the Pivot Mach 429SL, LES, Mach 4 Carbon and LES 27.5 frames with Stan’s wheelsets and Race Sealant. Maxxis will supply tires, the bikes will be outfitted with Shimano XTR DI2, FOX suspension and seatposts, Stages Cycling power meters and Dash GPS head units. Handlebars, stems, saddles, and bottle cages will be PRO Components with ESI Grips. Other sponsors include Kask, BikeFlights.com, Osprey Packs, Feedback Sports, ASSOS, KOO, GU Energy, and Natural Delights Medjool dates.

Follow the team throughout the season: www.stanspivot.com or on Instagram @stanspivot
Chloe Woodruff, 31, Prescott, AZ: @chloewoodruff
Keegan Swenson, 36, Columbia Falls, MT: @keegles99
Rose Grant, 24, Heber City, UT: @rosegrant
Sofia Gomez-Villafañe, Heber City, UT: @sofiathevilla

1/17/2018 9:56 PM

Zink on Fox

1/18/2018 12:01 AM

Jackson frew on a commencal but running his own wc peogram

1/18/2018 12:10 AM

Andrea_audisio wrote:

Zink on Fox

Also looks like shimano by looking at the rear brake

1/18/2018 12:41 AM

Gulevich 100% confirmed off Rocky

1/18/2018 12:49 AM

Saw on IG. Trek Factory Racing on Hope for components and using SRAM drivetrain but not as a sponsor.

1/18/2018 2:04 AM

Just received word a lined Camden Flannel has shipped from the seller. If the temps become low during a Fall race in 2018 I won't at all feel bad I went and splurged on myself.