2018 Racing Rumors

LTrumpore
11/28/2017 3:02am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 3:06am
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/11/27/5647/s1200_Screen_Shot_2017_11_28_at_8.41.00_PM.jpg[/img] Rude riding Norco? Today on both Jesse Melamed and Finn iles insta stories

Rude riding Norco? Today on both Jesse Melamed and Finn iles insta stories
Hmmmm that's super weird.. I watched both their stories multiple times and can't figure out what's going on. The bike he's on has red handlebars and...
Hmmmm that's super weird.. I watched both their stories multiple times and can't figure out what's going on. The bike he's on has red handlebars and black fork lowers. The fork also appears to have black stancions, although it's hard to tell.
His trainer lives there and also runs the Norco DH team. Seems likely that he traveled without his bike and just borrowed one so he could go on the group ride.
11/28/2017 12:05pm
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/11/27/5647/s1200_Screen_Shot_2017_11_28_at_8.41.00_PM.jpg[/img] Rude riding Norco? Today on both Jesse Melamed and Finn iles insta stories

Rude riding Norco? Today on both Jesse Melamed and Finn iles insta stories
Hmmmm that's super weird.. I watched both their stories multiple times and can't figure out what's going on. The bike he's on has red handlebars and...
Hmmmm that's super weird.. I watched both their stories multiple times and can't figure out what's going on. The bike he's on has red handlebars and black fork lowers. The fork also appears to have black stancions, although it's hard to tell.
LTrumpore wrote:
His trainer lives there and also runs the Norco DH team. Seems likely that he traveled without his bike and just borrowed one so he could...
His trainer lives there and also runs the Norco DH team. Seems likely that he traveled without his bike and just borrowed one so he could go on the group ride.
Lee is correct, Richie was just borrowing gear from his trainer.
Bennyt99
11/28/2017 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 8:21pm
KHS

pdon
11/29/2017 7:49am
It's kind of odd that KHS has a budget to put out a solid team at the PRO GRT level...

In 15 years of mountain biking (mostly in the Northeast), I can count on one hands how many times I've seen KHS bikes in the wild.
sspomer
11/29/2017 7:58am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 7:58am
pdon wrote:
It's kind of odd that KHS has a budget to put out a solid team at the PRO GRT level... In 15 years of mountain biking...
It's kind of odd that KHS has a budget to put out a solid team at the PRO GRT level...

In 15 years of mountain biking (mostly in the Northeast), I can count on one hands how many times I've seen KHS bikes in the wild.
we did an Inside Line podcast with Quinton Spaulding, team director for khs.
https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Vital-MTBs-The-Inside-Line-Podcast-Ep…

he sheds some light on that subject.
pdon
11/29/2017 8:45am
pdon wrote:
It's kind of odd that KHS has a budget to put out a solid team at the PRO GRT level... In 15 years of mountain biking...

sspomer wrote:
we did an Inside Line podcast with Quinton Spaulding, team director for khs.
https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Vital-MTBs-The-Inside-Line-Podcast-Ep…

he sheds some light on that subject.
Just gave it a quick listen. Excellent information.

11/30/2017 4:19am
It might be just XC related, but Mathieu van der Poel is going to be sponsored by Canyon next year.
He is running rings around his competitors in the Elite class of the Cyclocross World Cup this season (he's just 22) and showed big promise last year, challenging Nino Schurter at the Albstadt World Cup XCO.

It'd be really exciting if Fabien Barel was able to teach him a thing or two, so he can give Nino a run for his money next year.
othello
11/30/2017 4:26am
pyromaniac wrote:
It might be just XC related, but Mathieu van der Poel is going to be sponsored by Canyon next year. He is running rings around his...
It might be just XC related, but Mathieu van der Poel is going to be sponsored by Canyon next year.
He is running rings around his competitors in the Elite class of the Cyclocross World Cup this season (he's just 22) and showed big promise last year, challenging Nino Schurter at the Albstadt World Cup XCO.

It'd be really exciting if Fabien Barel was able to teach him a thing or two, so he can give Nino a run for his money next year.
That is very interesting.

His CX team is sponsored by Stevens, a German bike brand, and he rode one of their MTB bikes at the WC races last year. I wonder if Canyon are going sponsor his CX team for 2018/19, or if this is just a MTB contract?
11/30/2017 4:41am
pyromaniac wrote:
It might be just XC related, but Mathieu van der Poel is going to be sponsored by Canyon next year. He is running rings around his...

othello wrote:
That is very interesting. His CX team is sponsored by Stevens, a German bike brand, and he rode one of their MTB bikes at the WC...

His CX team is sponsored by Stevens, a German bike brand, and he rode one of their MTB bikes at the WC races last year. I wonder if Canyon are going sponsor his CX team for 2018/19, or if this is just a MTB contract?
No idea. Supposedly he also is selling off his old Stevens bikes. I heard from a belgian guy, an ex-racer, so it must be true :D
othello
11/30/2017 5:42am
pyromaniac wrote:

othello wrote:
That is very interesting. His CX team is sponsored by Stevens, a German bike brand, and he rode one of their MTB bikes at the WC...

pyromaniac wrote:
No idea. Supposedly he also is selling off his old Stevens bikes. I heard from a belgian guy, an ex-racer, so it must be true :D
Came across a rumour (from back in September) that MvdP's CX team were switching to Canyon from 1st January on a 3 year deal. Which would then include Canyon MTBs for when he races.
11/30/2017 6:00am
othello wrote:

pyromaniac wrote:
othello wrote:
Came across a rumour (from back in September) that MvdP's CX team were switching to Canyon from 1st January on a 3 year deal. Which would...
Came across a rumour (from back in September) that MvdP's CX team were switching to Canyon from 1st January on a 3 year deal. Which would then include Canyon MTBs for when he races.
Nice!
jimmypop
11/30/2017 8:56am
Bring back Nutter Butter as a US title sponsor. Then I'll be impressed.
sspomer
11/30/2017 12:32pm
jimmypop wrote:
Bring back Nutter Butter as a US title sponsor. Then I'll be impressed.
i've heard stories of many a DHer living off the free nutter butter samples at races. wish i was there to experience that one!
pillete
11/30/2017 6:30pm
Zinc is no longer the YT distributor for the USA.

Aushred
11/30/2017 6:45pm
YT Restructuring to warehouse themselves direct id say
kwapik
12/1/2017 12:04am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 12:06am
pillete wrote:
Zinc is no longer the YT distributor for the USA. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/11/30/5649/s1200_IMG_8780.jpg[/img]

That's too bad...those boys did a fantastic job for YT. Mmmm...alcohol
12/1/2017 8:07am
Strange. How long were they the distributors? Like two years? That'S a rather short time I'd say.
bturman
12/1/2017 8:36pm
If there was still any doubt, this will clear it up. Angel Suarez is on YT. https://www.instagram.com/p/BcLM3nOFrc8/
kubaner wrote:
Hasn’t Angel ridden for the YT Mob for two years?
How’s his riding with the mob relevant to Zink?
This is the Team Rumors thread. It's used to discuss team/rider sponsorship details. Zink and Angel just happened to post things on the same day.
Hambo
12/2/2017 3:12am
Eddie Masters signed for Pivot in October, yet he is still riding his Bergamonts? Seems odd to me...
12/2/2017 3:17am
Hambo wrote:
Eddie Masters signed for Pivot in October, yet he is still riding his Bergamonts? Seems odd to me...
Contracts don't begin until the 1st Jan usually
OneManArmy
12/2/2017 7:54am
Hambo wrote:
Contracts don't begin until the 1st Jan usually
False
bturman
12/2/2017 3:42pm
pillete wrote:
Zinc is no longer the YT distributor for the USA. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/11/30/5649/s1200_IMG_8780.jpg[/img]

Below is the official press release from YT announcing the change. In it, they say Cam Zink will remain with YT Industries as an athlete and continue to contribute to the business as part of the YT family.

YT USA – Change of Business Structure

We are pleased to announce a structural change in the distribution strategy of YT in the USA. Instead of going through a service and distribution partner, our subsidiary YT Industries USA Inc. will be running the US business as of the 1st Dec, 2017.

This means we can now fully implement our European direct sales strategy in the USA, offering several advantages for US customers, such as more attractive pricing, improved service and increased availability of bikes.

The new Head Office of YT Industries USA Inc. is based in San Clemente, California.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank Cam Zink for his support in running a service and distribution center in Reno for us over the last 3 years. Cam will remain with YT Industries as an athlete and continue to contribute to the business as part of the YT family.

We are looking forward to delivering even more #GoodTimes to the USA.

About YT Industries

In 2008, CEO Markus Flossmann founded YT with the aim of building competition-ready, affordable dirt jump and slopestyle mountain bikes for talented young riders. After nine years, the product range includes high-end downhill, enduro, and trail bikes, which are regularly awarded with prestigious prizes. The secret of success: high quality products, fair prices, the direct selling method which eliminates the profit margins of middlemen, an unmatched reputation and last but not least, a team of world-class riders like Cam Zink, Andreu Lacondeguy, Aaron Gwin and Brett Tippie who are all part of the YT family.
dirtyberd
12/2/2017 6:56pm
bturman wrote:
Below is the official press release from YT announcing the change. In it, they say Cam Zink will remain with YT Industries as an athlete and...
Below is the official press release from YT announcing the change. In it, they say Cam Zink will remain with YT Industries as an athlete and continue to contribute to the business as part of the YT family.

YT USA – Change of Business Structure

We are pleased to announce a structural change in the distribution strategy of YT in the USA. Instead of going through a service and distribution partner, our subsidiary YT Industries USA Inc. will be running the US business as of the 1st Dec, 2017.

This means we can now fully implement our European direct sales strategy in the USA, offering several advantages for US customers, such as more attractive pricing, improved service and increased availability of bikes.

The new Head Office of YT Industries USA Inc. is based in San Clemente, California.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank Cam Zink for his support in running a service and distribution center in Reno for us over the last 3 years. Cam will remain with YT Industries as an athlete and continue to contribute to the business as part of the YT family.

We are looking forward to delivering even more #GoodTimes to the USA.

About YT Industries

In 2008, CEO Markus Flossmann founded YT with the aim of building competition-ready, affordable dirt jump and slopestyle mountain bikes for talented young riders. After nine years, the product range includes high-end downhill, enduro, and trail bikes, which are regularly awarded with prestigious prizes. The secret of success: high quality products, fair prices, the direct selling method which eliminates the profit margins of middlemen, an unmatched reputation and last but not least, a team of world-class riders like Cam Zink, Andreu Lacondeguy, Aaron Gwin and Brett Tippie who are all part of the YT family.
I take offence in YT not including Neko as a part of their "world-class" riders!!!

Post a reply to: 2018 Racing Rumors

The Latest