2018 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

2/8/2018 9:44 PM

Taylor Vernon, Matt Simmonds, Ruaridh Cunningham

|

2/9/2018 2:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2018 2:48 AM

So... teams are out.

Unno team confirmed with Williamson and Vernon.

http://uci.ch/mountain-bike/teams/

|

2/9/2018 5:39 AM

metadave wrote:

Any one we're still waiting for to pop up or team releases?

baronKanon wrote:

I am awaiting something happening on the female side for Trek Factory DH, since they do not seem to be finished with their announcements..

eldsvada wrote:

Still waiting to see who's Isabeau Courduriers new sponsor. She posted Mavic as a new clothing sponsor so Canyon maybe?

Still no news on Isabeau, read an interview with her from January where she said she had signed with a team and it would be made public soon. Which EWS teams are left to announce their team?

|

2/9/2018 7:21 AM

The trek DH release said something about “more news to come” in their release. Probably new sponsors they didn’t name yet.

|

2/9/2018 7:51 AM

Camb3r15 wrote:

So what are we still missing? We know that Dak is with Divinci, Hatton with trek, Bulldog to MS Mondraker, New alchemy enduro team with Beerten and Kelly. Ibis got Barona and Buchanan. Commencal has a few new on both teams. The Gehrig twins form their own team with Norco support. Canyon got the new young gun.Danny Hart to saracen. Cant forget that Pilgrim is on a motorcycle now (I only joke, that guy can ride whatever he wants and make it look easy). We missing anything else? Will we see all the teams as of tomorrow?

Any word on Isabeau Couderier??

|

2/9/2018 7:54 AM

Camb3r15 wrote:

So what are we still missing? We know that Dak is with Divinci, Hatton with trek, Bulldog to MS Mondraker, New alchemy enduro team with Beerten and Kelly. Ibis got Barona and Buchanan. Commencal has a few new on both teams. The Gehrig twins form their own team with Norco support. Canyon got the new young gun.Danny Hart to saracen. Cant forget that Pilgrim is on a motorcycle now (I only joke, that guy can ride whatever he wants and make it look easy). We missing anything else? Will we see all the teams as of tomorrow?

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

Was wondering about her as well.

|

2/9/2018 9:14 AM

Camb3r15 wrote:

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

ddbullard76 wrote:

Was wondering about her as well.

Are there still rumors of her and intense? Maybe picking up a few of the other riders who haven't announced yet?

|

2/9/2018 10:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2018 11:12 AM

Here is the full listing of World Cup DH teams as published by the UCI today. At this point the UCI has not let Commencal/100% register their team, because a new rule states that a team needs to have one rider in the top 50 WC overall OR top 10 Worlds to be able to enter. Last year, Thomas and Reece were hurt, Bruce finished 79th (1st WC season) and Pierre-Charles landed in 53rd overall. At this time the team are in discussions with the UCI to see if an exception can be made, and they expect to hear more in a week or so. We will keep you updated as we hear more. 2018 UCI World Cup DH Team Listing.

|

2/9/2018 11:12 AM

eldsvada wrote:

Still no news on Isabeau, read an interview with her from January where she said she had signed with a team and it would be made public soon. Which EWS teams are left to announce their team?

I saw some weeks ago a Fabien Barel's Instagram story with Ines Thoma and others during a ride counting bikes and finding an extra bike and joking about who's bike would be that one...

|

2/9/2018 11:16 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

Here is the full listing of World Cup DH teams as published by the UCI today. At this point the UCI has not let Commencal/100% register their team, because a new rule states that a team needs to have one rider in the top 50 WC overall OR top 10 Worlds to be able to enter. Last year, Thomas and Reece were hurt, Bruce finished 79th (1st WC season) and Pierre-Charles landed in 53rd overall. At this time the team are in discussions with the UCI to see if an exception can be made, and they expect to hear more in a week or so. We will keep you updated as we hear more. 2018 UCI World Cup DH Team Listing.

This is ridiculous.. Friggin UCI...

|

2/9/2018 12:10 PM

Geoff Kabush to Yeti. Colorado rumble going down w/ BL55's alchemy team just down the street. Think Kabush's champagne spray can hit Denver from Golden? Could you then say Kabash gave Lopes a Golden shower? Sounds reasonable to me.

|

2/9/2018 6:47 PM

Just looking over a few things on the UCI 2018 teams page, Graeme "Muddy" Mudd isn't on the list for TRF DH.

|

2/9/2018 8:05 PM

Camb3r15 wrote:

Just looking over a few things on the UCI 2018 teams page, Graeme "Muddy" Mudd isn't on the list for TRF DH.

Muddy and Trek Factory Racing have already parted ways.

|

2/10/2018 1:14 AM

What about Ruarid Cunningham?

|

2/10/2018 10:16 AM

Brendan's gambler with inverted bos fork and mrp brakes at darkfest
|

2/10/2018 3:12 PM

IFR M29's are looking very schmick.

A post shared by Jack Moir ?? (@jackmoir_) on

|

2/10/2018 5:49 PM

leolmh93 wrote:

Brendan's gambler with inverted bos fork and mrp brakes at darkfest

Still on fox rear shock thou ?

|

2/10/2018 6:30 PM

You mean TRP brakes on Brendan's bike?

|

2/10/2018 9:02 PM

CG's take on the upcoming 2018 World Cup season. If anyone has a free half hour, a cliff note version would be greatly appreciated.

|

2/10/2018 9:46 PM

CG said top 5 guys will stay the same in dh and enduro.

He also rambled on about his messed up knee, talked about how difficult the pressure is for changing teams/signing contracts, not getting a contract in time etc. Talked about how awesome Greg minaar is, and then speculated how good sam hill has to be to ride on flat pedals in enduro.

|

2/11/2018 9:31 AM

The Schleyer announced leaving Rotwild a couple of days ago, now posting about the new Capra..is he joining Tippie on YT, for a big old-skool-freeride-ain't-dead reunion team?

[embed]

[\embed]
|

2/11/2018 11:02 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

The Schleyer announced leaving Rotwild a couple of days ago, now posting about the new Capra..is he joining Tippie on YT, for a big old-skool-freeride-ain't-dead reunion team?

[embed]

[\embed]

Regarding the content of his post, it really looks like he is promoting the bike like a sponsored rider ^^

|

2/11/2018 2:57 PM

Grega Stopar, team manager of Unior/Devinci, more or less confirmed (not outright, but it's clear from the conversation) that there's a new Wilson coming. There was talk of 'all the photos are from the front', 'the new bike is gray, the race bike will be different', 'Google doesn't find the bike they will be racing' and 'come to Lošinj to see what the team will ride'.

Interestingly he also said that the suspension system is staying the same, which would mean a split pivot, but then he says 'DW Link'. I call a mistake on the latter part and think it will in fact be a split pivot bike.

This was said in the video, embedded in the news linked below at around 14 minute mark. In Slovenian of course.
http://mtb.si/intervjuji/6026-v-zivo-z-gregom-stoparjem-o-ekipi-unior-devinci.html

|

2/11/2018 9:51 PM

Another shot of Brendans whip with the Bos Obsys up front, still looks to be running the float x2 on the rear though. Rotor cranks as well? They don't look like Sram or Shimano.

|

2/11/2018 10:17 PM

Dylan wrote:

Another shot of Brendans whip with the Bos Obsys up front, still looks to be running the float x2 on the rear though. Rotor cranks as well? They don't look like Sram or Shimano.

They look like DMR Cranks

|

2/12/2018 12:05 AM

jonathon Simonetti wrote:

They look like DMR Cranks

Yep, you're on the money. Should we start placing bets as to whether he's on a Sram or Shimano gear setup?

|

2/12/2018 1:12 PM

Syndicate on Burgtec bars and stems.

|

2/13/2018 2:52 AM

A treat for everyone I took myself at Dark Fest

|

2/13/2018 7:44 PM

FMD racing seems to be one of the few teams still on the Shimano program.

|

2/13/2018 10:47 PM

CandyMuffin wrote:

A treat for everyone I took myself at Dark Fest

Thanks! Very nice finger!

|