2018 Racing Rumors

9/4/2017 3:14am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2020 9:21pm
With the World Cup now in the books and the teams making their way to Cairns for the last showdown of 2017, it's time to fire up the rumor mill for another wild winter of off-season speculation. Who fancies who? Is the honeymoon over? Who needs a little space and some time on their own? Should we see other people? It's a soap opera of shredders and the drama is sure to be at an all-time high, so let the fun begin! If you see something, say something, and no better place for it than right here in this thread. Have at it!

|
jofish
9/4/2017 4:02am
I can see Phil Atwill filling Ratboy's shoes on the Syndicate. Hart to Saracen seems believable too.
Petder
9/4/2017 6:06am
Just gonna leave this here:

- Danny Hart to Saracen (contracts are signed)
- Fischbach to Cube
- Williamson to Saracen
- Baby-faced Southafrican to launch Investec Factory Racing
- Wyn to Polygon
- Brook to MS Mondraker
- Greg retires -> Eliot replaces him at SC
- Amaury to Specialized
- Steve Peat as UCI delegated with Greg as assistant
- Payet to Propain
- New Redalp factory team with a kiwi as rider
- Tomac stays with Kawasaki
sspomer
9/4/2017 6:14am
Petder wrote:
Just gonna leave this here: - Danny Hart to Saracen (contracts are signed) - Fischbach to Cube - Williamson to Saracen - Baby-faced Southafrican to launch...

- Fischbach to Cube
- Williamson to Saracen
- Wyn to Polygon
- Brook to MS Mondraker
- Amaury to Specialized
- Payet to Propain
i like it.
Verbl Kint
9/4/2017 10:03am
Anybody know whose contracts are ending in 2018?
Zuestman
9/4/2017 8:32pm
subscribing....
othello
9/5/2017 1:54am
Saracen must be paying £££ to make Hart switch? Seems an odd move for both parties.
peecee
9/5/2017 3:47am
I think Phil Atwill deserves a bigger team and a bigger wage he would be an asset to any team, he's had a great season and seems to have the most fun on a bike all year round, I just hope its not GT if it does happen as its doesn't seem to have worked for Brook or Wyn over the past 2 years. Nukeproof would be good as it would keep him in the UK.
9/5/2017 5:47am
peecee wrote:
I think Phil Atwill deserves a bigger team and a bigger wage he would be an asset to any team, he's had a great season and...
I think Phil Atwill deserves a bigger team and a bigger wage he would be an asset to any team, he's had a great season and seems to have the most fun on a bike all year round, I just hope its not GT if it does happen as its doesn't seem to have worked for Brook or Wyn over the past 2 years. Nukeproof would be good as it would keep him in the UK.
Keep him in the UK? If he gets sponsored by a non-UK team, it doesn't mean that he has to move to wherever that sponsor is located.

Brook and Wyn seem like they are making moves for sure...
scarface
9/5/2017 2:22pm
What's this mean?

schwaaa31
9/5/2017 4:32pm
Minnar said in a recent interview that he was definitely racing next year.
Lusher
9/6/2017 12:06am
Sam Hill to Canyon
Primoz
9/6/2017 10:41am
schwaaa31 wrote:
Minnar said in a recent interview that he was definitely racing next year.
Well of course he would. And then he could say he will retire.

Audi was saying they will race in the 2017 WEC championship and had a car designed, when the bosses pulled the plug. Same with Porsche, they were saying they are staying, until after Le Mans, when they announced they are quitting.

You don't announce everything until you do, until then you deny, deny, deny.
Verbl Kint
9/6/2017 10:49am
Article on PB published saying there is an 80% certainty that Devinci is coming back to World Cup DH.
PJ_Dayag
9/6/2017 11:08am
Verbl Kint wrote:
Article on PB published saying there is an 80% certainty that Devinci is coming back to World Cup DH.
and rumors Finn Iles is off to Devinci...

as well as the Bulldog.
Verbl Kint
9/6/2017 11:52am
The Finn Iles to Devinci rumor was also on the 2017 Racing Rumors thread, along with Bulldog leaving GT.

Not sure if both rumors happen this time, though.
peecee
9/6/2017 10:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 11:06pm
Verbl Kint wrote:
I'd love to see Devinci back on the wold cup scene after everything that happened and with the people who's contracts are up they could have a great team again

Pretty sure Blinki is up for a new contract and I'd like to see him move away from Norco as I believe he still has a lot to give and as they say a change is as good as a holiday.

Would love to see Brook also move, all that talk on the last off season about him trying to force a move away from GT and not tagging them on his Instagram but still tagging all his other sponsors makes sense. He's not had the best season and GT don't seem to be putting to much effort into producing a new bike to help the riders out, they are on mules that are just missing a link and a slightly different shock position and reverted back to 2016 team colours.

Atwill deserves a big team move.

Hart to Saracen seems very odd but they probably have the money with Manon retiring and I can't see slugger riding another year.

I think Mike Jones contract is also up ? Very fast but just can't catch a break with all the injuries.

Maybe at Yeti can finally make that Switch Technology DH bike they have been prototyping for 3 years and sign someone, be nice to see Blinki back on Yeti where he won his first World Cup.

Kusa
9/7/2017 1:03am
peecee wrote:
I'd love to see Devinci back on the wold cup scene after everything that happened and with the people who's contracts are up they could have...
I'd love to see Devinci back on the wold cup scene after everything that happened and with the people who's contracts are up they could have a great team again

Pretty sure Blinki is up for a new contract and I'd like to see him move away from Norco as I believe he still has a lot to give and as they say a change is as good as a holiday.

Would love to see Brook also move, all that talk on the last off season about him trying to force a move away from GT and not tagging them on his Instagram but still tagging all his other sponsors makes sense. He's not had the best season and GT don't seem to be putting to much effort into producing a new bike to help the riders out, they are on mules that are just missing a link and a slightly different shock position and reverted back to 2016 team colours.

Atwill deserves a big team move.

Hart to Saracen seems very odd but they probably have the money with Manon retiring and I can't see slugger riding another year.

I think Mike Jones contract is also up ? Very fast but just can't catch a break with all the injuries.

Maybe at Yeti can finally make that Switch Technology DH bike they have been prototyping for 3 years and sign someone, be nice to see Blinki back on Yeti where he won his first World Cup.

I think you missed that Manon is (was) not on Saracen but Radon Wink

Also don't think Yeti is going to WC DH anytime soon, they simply do not need it.
peecee
9/7/2017 1:40am
Kusa wrote:
I think you missed that Manon is (was) not on Saracen but Radon ;) Also don't think Yeti is going to WC DH anytime soon, they...
I think you missed that Manon is (was) not on Saracen but Radon Wink

Also don't think Yeti is going to WC DH anytime soon, they simply do not need it.
DOH! Massive brain fart haha
vweb
9/7/2017 2:41am
My bet on Rude doing some DH WC next year...
peecee
9/7/2017 3:31am
vweb wrote:
My bet on Rude doing some DH WC next year...
Thats what everyone was saying last offseason too but it never happened :-(
9/7/2017 5:38am
Petder wrote:
Just gonna leave this here: - Danny Hart to Saracen (contracts are signed) - Fischbach to Cube - Williamson to Saracen - Baby-faced Southafrican to launch...

- Fischbach to Cube
- Williamson to Saracen
- Wyn to Polygon
- Brook to MS Mondraker
- Amaury to Specialized
- Payet to Propain
sspomer wrote:
i like it. [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/stories/2012/07/20/max_Redalp_DH_Team_Bike_small.jpg?1342827223[/img]
i like it.
i cant believe this bike is still on the internet...
MPH24
9/7/2017 5:49am
i cant believe this bike is still on the internet...
The internet never forgets...
Verbl Kint
9/7/2017 8:37am
It appears Sam Hill is quitting DH for good and will go full enduro.
Mwood
9/7/2017 9:34am
what about the new american boyi taking the scene by storm, Dak Norton? He was on Morpheus, but that didn't go so well... Heard he rode an old Trek at the last race...Some legit team please pick him up
sspomer
9/7/2017 11:14am
Mwood wrote:
what about the new american boyi taking the scene by storm, Dak Norton? He was on Morpheus, but that didn't go so well... Heard he rode...
what about the new american boyi taking the scene by storm, Dak Norton? He was on Morpheus, but that didn't go so well... Heard he rode an old Trek at the last race...Some legit team please pick him up
noticed he was on a trek at val di sole (and maybe mont sainte anne too?). curious to see where he goes. his last results have been really good! #dakattack
Greenedog
9/11/2017 6:46am
Mwood wrote:
what about the new american boyi taking the scene by storm, Dak Norton? He was on Morpheus, but that didn't go so well... Heard he rode...
Looks like Dakotah Norton was riding a Session at Worlds. His Instagram doesn't have Morpheus or any sponsors listed any more.
9/11/2017 6:51am
He mentioned in a post after the first race that he was riding the trek something about "bike issues". I assumed it didn't make it across the pond on his flight but he has been on the Trek several times since then and riding better. Morpheus did post a congrats message to him after Worlds. Curious to see if he works his way up to a little bigger team next year. He was essentially a privateer at the races this year.
schwaaa31
9/11/2017 7:27am
Word was that he broke his Morpheus in Whistler during Crankworx, and they didn't have another bike ready for him. Not sure if that's actually the case, but that's the rumor.
9/11/2017 8:43am
sspomer wrote:
noticed he was on a trek at val di sole (and maybe mont sainte anne too?). curious to see where he goes. his last results have...
noticed he was on a trek at val di sole (and maybe mont sainte anne too?). curious to see where he goes. his last results have been really good! #dakattack
Chatted with him in the parking lot at SC in between trail laps on a Trek just before Sea Otter. Morpheus lets him pick whatever trail bike since they don't offer it. Jose Gonzalez was in the lot too and they obviously knew each other. He must be able to pick up some bikes here and there from people in the industry he knows. Morpheus had the right idea sponsoring a fast rider to get the bike out there but really couldn't support him enough to be competitive on the circuit. He's a nice kid and certainly has world cup level speed, would be good to see him on a team. Although I call total BS that he gets 30mpg in his Sprinter van.
9/11/2017 9:35am
This thread is almost as good as the race season...almost

Post a reply to: 2018 Racing Rumors

The Latest