2016 Racing Rumours

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2015 9:11 PM

On a side note, really happy to see Wyn getting a major team deal, hopefully it pays off.

|

12/8/2015 10:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2015 10:07 PM

Here's the official PR in full.

GT Bicycles Announces New 2016 Factory Racing Program

Wilton, Conn. – December 9, 2015 – GT Bicycles, a premium brand of Dorel Industries (TSX: DII.B, DII.A), today announces an all-new Factory Racing program for 2016. After an incredible four year partnership with Atherton Racing, GT has assembled a new global race team consisting of proven UCI Downhill and Enduro World Series riders.

“GT has a rich history of top-level racing successes and a line of World Championship-proven bikes,” said Tim Inall, Global General Manager for GT. “The brand is extremely proud to have been associated with Atherton racing program since 2012. Now, however, we’re ready for this next chapter in GT Factory Racing. We are excited to continue the momentum to form and manage a new team of accomplished riders from around the world.”

GT’s new roster of athletes are known for their successes both on and off the bike. The team will vie for both Downhill World Cup and Enduro World Series podiums riding the GT Fury and GT Sanction respectively.

About the Teams:
Downhill
· Brook MacDonald (New Zealand) – During his young career, MacDonald has achieved 18 top 10 positions including a podium spot at Val di Sole in 2015.
· Sam Dale (United Kingdom) – A proven performer on the World Cup scene, Dale has had 19 top 25 positions and landed a podium spot at Lourdes in 2015.
· Wyn Masters (New Zealand) – Masters, a fan favorite, has achieved race success both in his homeland of New Zealand and on the World Cup circuit.
· Jackson Frew, Junior (Australia) – After wrapping up his Downhill season as the number one first year Junior, Frew enters his last year as a Junior with high expectations.

Enduro
· Martin Maes (Belgium) – A young phenom, Maes has proven himself as one of the top riders to watch.
· Anneke Beerten (Netherlands) – The reigning Queen of Crankworx, Beerten has podiumed 16 times during her illustrious Enduro World Series career.
· Wyn Masters (New Zealand) – After placing third and showing his dual-threat strength at the Crankworx Enduro, Masters will also join the Enduro circuit.
· Rachel Throop (United States) – After successfully proving herself within the United States Enduro circuit, Throop is ready to step onto the global stage.

The GT Factory Racing teams will be managed by Mark Maurissen (Belgium), a long time industry professional whose ties to GT go back to the mid 1990’s. Most recently Mark was head mechanic for GT’s Enduro team.

To learn more about GT, visit www.gtbicycles.com. Check out GT Bicycles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

ABOUT GT BICYCLES
GT is a premium brand of Cycling Sports Group, a division of Dorel Industries’ (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) Dorel Sports segment, encompassing several powerhouse cycling brands, including Cannondale, Schwinn, Charge, SUGOI and Fabric. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.7 billion and employs approximately 10,800 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. For more than 40 years, GT has provided riders of all abilities with a trustworthy, rock-solid bike they need to push their limits. GT’s legacy is instilled in every design, be it a BMX, mountain, road, or pavement bike. For more information visit www.gtbicycles.com.

video with the muscles from brussels too!

|

12/8/2015 10:13 PM

GT Factory Racing rider details

GT 2016 FACTORY RACE TEAM

Brook MacDonald
During his career, Brook’s (aka the Bulldog) fearless, charging riding style has delivered 18 top 10 results, including a recent podium spot in Val Di Sole in 2015. This Kiwi is looking to extend his winning ways in the years to come. 

Quick Bio:
Primary Discipline: Downhill

Race Highlights:
4th – UCI WC Val di Sole 2015
2nd – NZ National Championships 2015
5th – UCI World Championships 2014
2nd – UCI WC Fort William 2013
1st - New Zealand National Championships 2013
1st – UCI WC Val d’isere 2012
1st – UCI Junior World Championships 2009

Quote:
“I am beyond stoked to be starting a new chapter in my career with such a well-known brand, GT. Holding multiple championships and World Cup wins I am looking forward to sharing good times with a new team and team members. GT has a history that dates way back to the roots of Mountain biking with legends like Hans Ray, Brain Lopes, Eric Carter, Nico Vouilloz and Jill Kintner.”
Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BrookMacdonaldMTB/
Twitter – @Brook_Macdonald
Instagram – brookmacdonald6

Sam Dale
The UK continues to produce world-class downhill talent and Sam Dale is staged to follow in the footsteps of his legendary British predecessors. Earning his first World Cup podium in 2015, this Cheshire bloke loves to go fast on anything with two wheels no matter the conditions.

Quick Bio:
Race Highlights:
5th – UCI WC Lourdes 2015
2nd – UK National Championships 2015
3 Top Ten UCI WC finishes 2014
2nd – UCI Junior World Championships 2008

Quote:
“Absolutely buzzing for the future with GT, as you can see with this team lineup we’re going to have a lot of laughs and fun racing our bikes all while putting in the work that is needed. When there is a set up like this, there will be success for the team and for myself. I’m really excited to get these bikes on the back wheel and going flat out.”
Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/samdaleofficial/
Twitter – @Sam_Dale
Instagram – samdale90

Wyn Masters
What’s not to love about Wyn? Both a proven racer on the DH and Enduro circuits and a true performer off, Wyn is poised to create some noise in 2016. Look out world.

Quick Bio:
Primary Disciplines: Downhill & Enduro

Race Highlights:
2nd – UCI Austrian National Championships 2015
3rd – Crankworx Rotorua Enduro 2015
1st – Coronet Enduro #1 2014
1st – New Zealand National Championships 2010

Quotes:
“I couldn’t be more pumped with the team line up too; Sambo, Brook the Bulldog, Jackson, Martin the Muss, Anneke, Rachel, and of course Mark and Tom! I know GT stands for Gary Turner the founder, but it’s also short for Good Times that’s exactly what 2016 is going to be, I can’t wait to get on my Fury and Sanction and become the first rider to race both the Enduro World Series and World Cup Downhill full season!”

Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/wynmasters
Twitter – @WynMasters
Instagram – wynmasters
Jackson Frew
Some high schoolers travel the world to learn about history; in Jackson’s case, he makes it. After wrapping up a successful 2015 Downhill season as the number one first year Junior, Frew enters his last year as a Junior with high expectations.

Quick Bio:

Race Highlights:
3rd – UCI Jr. World Championships 2015
3rd – UCI Jr. World Cup Lourdes 2015
1st – Crankworx (16-18 boys) Canadian Open 2014
1st – Crankworx (13-15 boys) Canadian Open 2013

Quote:
“It’s really awesome to be given the opportunity to represent a brand as great as GT! As a junior coming into a team with riders and mechanics with so much experience is exciting! I will learn so much from my new teammates. Having raced the Fury over this past year it is a bike I can push my limits on and can’t wait to get to the first World Cup!”

Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/jackson.frew
Twitter – @jacksonfrew
Instagram – Jackson_67

Martin Maes
What can’t Martin do? Coming off an extremely strong 2015, including a 2nd place finish at the UCI Jr. World Championships and 3rd at EWS Spain, the young phenom has proven himself as one of the top riders to watch.

Quick Bio:
Primary Discipline: Enduro

Race Highlights:
2nd – UCI Jr. World Championships 2015
1st – Sea Otter Classic Dual Slalom 2015
3rd – EWS Spain 2015
4th – EWS Whistler 2015
1st – UCI Jr. World Cup Fort William 2015
1st – UCI Jr. World Cup Fort William 2014
Four 1st Place Jr. finishes during the 2013 EWS season

Quote:
“I'm very proud to get such a great opportunity to keep working with GT for the next 3 years. GT has always been supporting me since the very beginning along Atherton Racing. The brand has done some amazing bikes over last few years and I can't wait to be involved even more on the program. I'll be very focus on all the EWS as well as a few downhill world cups and Dual Slalom. I'm stoked!”
Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MartinMaes97
Twitter – @martin_maes

Anneke Beerten
All hail the queen! The reigning Queen of Crankworx and a dominant force in Enduro over the past several seasons, Beerten is fired up to build upon her illustrious career.

Quick Bio:

Race Highlights:
Queen of Crankworx 2015…2nd place in AirDH and 3rd place in Garbanzo
Five top 5 finishes during the 2015 and 2013 EWS seasons
Seven top 5 finishes during the 2014 EWS season
Seven 1st Place finishes during the ‘14/’15 Specialized SRAM Enduro series

Quote:
“Ever since I was a little girl racing BMX I was a fan of GT. So many legendary riders like Gary Ellis, Dale Holmes and Corine Dorland were my hero's when I was a little girl racing. I remember having a poster of Gary Ellis hanging in my bedroom, and Dale Holmes gave me one of his GT World Champs BMX jerseys. In mountain biking, the list of legendary athletes who won medals on GT is endless. As you can imagine I am very excited to be part of this legendary brand, and I can’t wait to put on my jersey!”
Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/annekebeertenracing
Twitter – @annekebeerten
Instagram – anneke_beerten

Rachel Throop
After successfully proving herself within the United States Enduro circuit, this SoCal native is ready to step onto the global stage.

Quick Bio:

Race Highlights:
4th – US Enduro National Championships 2015
Top 10 finish – Sea Otter Classic Enduro 2015
Nine top 5 finishes during the ‘14/’15 US-based Enduro Series

Quote:
“Continuing my partnership with GT into next season and being a part of the Factory Team is a dream come true! The rich history of GT's athletes in mountain biking and BMX is impressive, and I am honored to be joining the roster as a part of GT Bicycle's 2016 Factory Team.”

Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RachellThroop
Twitter – @Rachel_Throop
Instagram – rachel_throop

|

12/8/2015 11:27 PM

So stoked to see that Maes stays! That DH team will have lots of great moments for sure! Glad to see the rumors come true.

|

12/8/2015 11:51 PM

Thats gonna be one loose team!

|

12/9/2015 4:12 AM

EWS ripper Mark Scott off Nukeproof and onto Santa Cruz?

A photo posted by Mark Scott (@markscott259) on

|

12/9/2015 5:41 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

hard to tell it looks like his bike by the flagpole. definitely not a bronson, but what could it be.

|

12/9/2015 6:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2015 6:41 AM

sspomer wrote:

GT Factory Racing rider details

GT 2016 FACTORY RACE TEAM

Brook MacDonald
During his career, Brook’s (aka the Bulldog) fearless, charging riding style has delivered 18 top 10 results, including a recent podium spot in Val Di Sole in 2015. This Kiwi is looking to extend his winning ways in the years to come. 

Quick Bio:

Race Highlights:
4th – UCI WC Val di Sole 2015
2nd – NZ National Championships 2015
5th – UCI World Championships 2014
2nd – UCI WC Fort William 2013
1st - New Zealand National Championships 2013
1st – UCI WC Val d’isere 2012
1st – UCI Junior World Championships 2009

Quote:
“I am beyond stoked to be starting a new chapter in my career with such a well-known brand, GT. Holding multiple championships and World Cup wins I am looking forward to sharing good times with a new team and team members. GT has a history that dates way back to the roots of Mountain biking with legends like Hans Ray, Brain Lopes, Eric Carter, Nico Vouilloz and Jill Kintner.”
Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BrookMacdonaldMTB/
Twitter – @Brook_Macdonald
Instagram – brookmacdonald6

Sam Dale
The UK continues to produce world-class downhill talent and Sam Dale is staged to follow in the footsteps of his legendary British predecessors. Earning his first World Cup podium in 2015, this Cheshire bloke loves to go fast on anything with two wheels no matter the conditions.

Quick Bio:
Race Highlights:
5th – UCI WC Lourdes 2015
2nd – UK National Championships 2015
3 Top Ten UCI WC finishes 2014
2nd – UCI Junior World Championships 2008

Quote:
“Absolutely buzzing for the future with GT, as you can see with this team lineup we’re going to have a lot of laughs and fun racing our bikes all while putting in the work that is needed. When there is a set up like this, there will be success for the team and for myself. I’m really excited to get these bikes on the back wheel and going flat out.”
Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/samdaleofficial/
Twitter – @Sam_Dale
Instagram – samdale90

Wyn Masters
What’s not to love about Wyn? Both a proven racer on the DH and Enduro circuits and a true performer off, Wyn is poised to create some noise in 2016. Look out world.

Quick Bio:
Primary Disciplines: Downhill & Enduro

Race Highlights:
2nd – UCI Austrian National Championships 2015
3rd – Crankworx Rotorua Enduro 2015
1st – Coronet Enduro #1 2014
1st – New Zealand National Championships 2010

Quotes:
“I couldn’t be more pumped with the team line up too; Sambo, Brook the Bulldog, Jackson, Martin the Muss, Anneke, Rachel, and of course Mark and Tom! I know GT stands for Gary Turner the founder, but it’s also short for Good Times that’s exactly what 2016 is going to be, I can’t wait to get on my Fury and Sanction and become the first rider to race both the Enduro World Series and World Cup Downhill full season!”

Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/wynmasters
Twitter – @WynMasters
Instagram – wynmasters
Jackson Frew
Some high schoolers travel the world to learn about history; in Jackson’s case, he makes it. After wrapping up a successful 2015 Downhill season as the number one first year Junior, Frew enters his last year as a Junior with high expectations.

Quick Bio:

Race Highlights:
3rd – UCI Jr. World Championships 2015
3rd – UCI Jr. World Cup Lourdes 2015
1st – Crankworx (16-18 boys) Canadian Open 2014
1st – Crankworx (13-15 boys) Canadian Open 2013

Quote:
“It’s really awesome to be given the opportunity to represent a brand as great as GT! As a junior coming into a team with riders and mechanics with so much experience is exciting! I will learn so much from my new teammates. Having raced the Fury over this past year it is a bike I can push my limits on and can’t wait to get to the first World Cup!”

Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/jackson.frew
Twitter – @jacksonfrew
Instagram – Jackson_67

Martin Maes
What can’t Martin do? Coming off an extremely strong 2015, including a 2nd place finish at the UCI Jr. World Championships and 3rd at EWS Spain, the young phenom has proven himself as one of the top riders to watch.

Quick Bio:

Race Highlights:
2nd – UCI Jr. World Championships 2015
1st – Sea Otter Classic Dual Slalom 2015
3rd – EWS Spain 2015
4th – EWS Whistler 2015
1st – UCI Jr. World Cup Fort William 2015
1st – UCI Jr. World Cup Fort William 2014
Four 1st Place Jr. finishes during the 2013 EWS season

Quote:
“I'm very proud to get such a great opportunity to keep working with GT for the next 3 years. GT has always been supporting me since the very beginning along Atherton Racing. The brand has done some amazing bikes over last few years and I can't wait to be involved even more on the program. I'll be very focus on all the EWS as well as a few downhill world cups and Dual Slalom. I'm stoked!”
Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MartinMaes97
Twitter – @martin_maes

Anneke Beerten
All hail the queen! The reigning Queen of Crankworx and a dominant force in Enduro over the past several seasons, Beerten is fired up to build upon her illustrious career.

Quick Bio:

Race Highlights:
Queen of Crankworx 2015…2nd place in AirDH and 3rd place in Garbanzo
Five top 5 finishes during the 2015 and 2013 EWS seasons
Seven top 5 finishes during the 2014 EWS season
Seven 1st Place finishes during the ‘14/’15 Specialized SRAM Enduro series

Quote:
“Ever since I was a little girl racing BMX I was a fan of GT. So many legendary riders like Gary Ellis, Dale Holmes and Corine Dorland were my hero's when I was a little girl racing. I remember having a poster of Gary Ellis hanging in my bedroom, and Dale Holmes gave me one of his GT World Champs BMX jerseys. In mountain biking, the list of legendary athletes who won medals on GT is endless. As you can imagine I am very excited to be part of this legendary brand, and I can’t wait to put on my jersey!”
Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/annekebeertenracing
Twitter – @annekebeerten
Instagram – anneke_beerten

Rachel Throop
After successfully proving herself within the United States Enduro circuit, this SoCal native is ready to step onto the global stage.

Quick Bio:

Race Highlights:
4th – US Enduro National Championships 2015
Top 10 finish – Sea Otter Classic Enduro 2015
Nine top 5 finishes during the ‘14/’15 US-based Enduro Series

Quote:
“Continuing my partnership with GT into next season and being a part of the Factory Team is a dream come true! The rich history of GT's athletes in mountain biking and BMX is impressive, and I am honored to be joining the roster as a part of GT Bicycle's 2016 Factory Team.”

Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RachellThroop
Twitter – @Rachel_Throop
Instagram – rachel_throop

BROOKS AN ANIMAL!!! Hope he gets another W soon

|

12/9/2015 8:15 AM

Mark Beaumont to Madison .

|

12/9/2015 8:20 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

jfkusa wrote:

hard to tell it looks like his bike by the flagpole. definitely not a bronson, but what could it be.

A Bronson 2.

|

12/9/2015 8:21 AM

Kenton_Kenton wrote:

Mark Beaumont to Madison .

That's awesome news!

I was right about Wyn and Brook to GT, though!
Didn't know about Sam Dale!

|

I can ride my bike with no handlebar!

12/9/2015 8:29 AM

alexlafontaine13 wrote:

On a side note, really happy to see Wyn getting a major team deal, hopefully it pays off.

Didn't his brother not finish further up the score board this year?

|

12/9/2015 8:40 AM

Yeah - Marc Beaumont is back in game - Val di Sole gonna be interesting

|

12/9/2015 8:54 AM

alexlafontaine13 wrote:

LLLLL wrote:

That's a double negative so yeah but nope, Ed Masters finished 45th and Wyn was 33rd overall + his 3rd place in the NZ EWS

|

12/9/2015 10:18 AM

MR.KOOTNIKOFF - i'm calling you out for unnecessarily quoting an already unnecessary long posting. X( WHY?
These things are hard enough to read on a cellphone as they are.
Please - Think before you e-ink

|

12/9/2015 10:51 AM

Yep, with Sam Dale off to join GT, there was a spot to fill on Madison's roster...no sooner said than done, and Marc Beaumont rejoins the World Cup circus after a year's hiatus (which he spent anchoring the Global Mountain Bike Network together with Neil Donoghue). Here's the full announcement from Madison:

Madison Saracen Factory Team announce 2016 lineup

After another successful season of racing in 2015, the Madison Saracen Factory Team sees some exciting changes for 2016 that will continue their commitment to developing and supporting British racers on the world scene.

The team is excited to announce that experienced world cup winner and well known British downhill racer Marc Beaumont has signed a two year contract which will see him join forces with Matt Simmonds and Manon Carpenter to make a formidable team on the world cup circuit in 2016.

Marc – “It’s amazing to have the opportunity to come back to professional racing after a short break. Madison Saracen has one of the most professional setups on the circuit with an amazing team of staff that I respect and trust entirely. In addition to this there are great riders to push me along at every race. With this in mind I will have the best opportunity to fulfill my potential through 2016.”

Alongside them will be Matt Walker, who moves up from the Madison Saracen Development Team and takes on his first year as a junior and his first world cup season, after winning the British Downhill Series and British championships as a youth rider in 2015.

The team will race on the all new Saracen Myst carbon bike which was launched at the world championships in September where Manon Carpenter claimed yet another world championship medal after a testing season which saw her grow in strength from the experience of racing as world champion.

Manon – “I think we’ll have a lot of fun in 2016 with the restructured team. I’m looking forward to riding alongside Matt and Marc, as well as seeing Matt Walker experience world cups for the first time. Considering how some of the races went I was happy with where I finished last year and there are plenty of things that I can improve on, which keeps this off-season interesting for me. I’m excited and training is already well underway, I think it’s going to be a great year for the team.”

After a season hiatus where Marc Beaumont competed in only a select few races, he kept the desire and determination to prove he is still one of the fastest racers in the world.

Madison Saracen Factory Team manager, Will Longden recognised that and looked to solidify the team.

Will Longden – “I’ve known Marc for a long time. The opportunity to bring him to the team with all his experience and talent is fantastic. There is a lot the other riders can learn from him and I’m sure a lot of fresh enthusiasm he will take from them. Marc has been a great ambassador for British mountain biking, so to have him representing Saracen bikes and Madison Clothing along with all our other sponsors is very positive for everyone.

2015 had its highs and lows and we needed to strip things back and make the changes to get everybody focused and hungry for it again. I’m confident Marc is going to be pivotal in that and I can’t wait to get the 2016 season under way.”

Madison Saracen Factory Team 2016

Riders:
Marc Beaumont
Manon Carpenter
Matt Simmonds
Matt Walker

Mechanics:
Alex Lovett
Andy Ward

Performance Coach:
Phil Dixon

Team Support:
Pieter Wehmeyer

Team Manager:
Will Longden

|

12/9/2015 11:13 AM

Love the Marc Beaumont pick up! That guy has been in the circuit longer than almost all the other team combined I think. Great opportunity to bring some veteran experience to that team.

|

12/9/2015 11:37 AM

beaumont is valuable cuz he's in those fat bike test videos with neil donahue more then race results

|

12/9/2015 12:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2015 12:34 PM

OCsponger587 wrote:

beaumont is valuable cuz he's in those fat bike test videos with neil donahue more then race results

I think that's a bit disrespectful. The guy is a world cup winner not that long ago, at Val di Sole of all places. Then followed up that with a 4th place at the same venue in 2012, the year Gwin won by around 8 seconds. The situation at GT with the Athertons clearly didn't suit him and he's taken a year out to do other things. Didn't Mick Hannah do the same a few seasons back?

It's like saying Wyn only got his GT Factory ride because he can pull really good wheelies. It's bullshit and it's disrespectful. Neither you or I would see which way those guys went on a bike. Any of the guys who can finish top 30 at world level work hard to be where they are and sometimes all they need is a chance.

I'm looking forward to seeing Marc back on the world cup circuit. Another Brit who will consistantly beat pretty much ALL the riders from the USA with the exception of Gwin and Shaw.

|

12/9/2015 1:04 PM

hiring wyn for wheelies is just as valuable as 13th at a ews race. you know wyn cuz his wheelies more then his race results to. its not disrespect. its truth. trust me.

same with beaumont. he has a cool style the way he sits off the back of the bike. he's super fast and knows a lot but i dont think he was hired for race results. that global mtb you tube channel has like 15 million views on it which more important than 27th at a world cup. he's probably a good coach for the rest of the team to.

|

12/9/2015 2:14 PM

OCsponger587 wrote:

hiring wyn for wheelies is just as valuable as 13th at a ews race. you know wyn cuz his wheelies more then his race results to. its not disrespect. its truth. trust me.

same with beaumont. he has a cool style the way he sits off the back of the bike. he's super fast and knows a lot but i dont think he was hired for race results. that global mtb you tube channel has like 15 million views on it which more important than 27th at a world cup. he's probably a good coach for the rest of the team to.

I guess there is some truth in what you are saying, but I still think Marc is capable of good results, top tens even. I don't think the mtb channel is the only reason he got hired.

|

12/9/2015 3:41 PM

To be fair, Mark qualified first at Fort William the other year.

|

12/9/2015 3:44 PM

alexlafontaine13 wrote:

LLLLL wrote:

Colin McCarthy wrote:

That's a double negative so yeah but nope, Ed Masters finished 45th and Wyn was 33rd overall + his 3rd place in the NZ EWS

Thanks grammar police!
One of the wyn tv spots Ed was leading I thought, must have been a mid season one...

|

12/9/2015 4:03 PM

does anyone know`s what`s goiing on with the Swiss guys Beer, Niederberger, Weber? Specialy Niederberger didnt look like he did a good move to hes new Team, will he stay or nor any news?

|

12/9/2015 11:25 PM

|

12/10/2015 12:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2015 12:05 AM

(please, share the source dude. We don't have any idea of when this picture has been taken)

But if that's a recent one: still a Lapierre bike (the 2016 Zesty XM), so the Gravity Republic guys don't have their new bikes yet.
His helmet though... is it an unbranded one or would it be a 100% enduro prototype ?

|

26 ain't dead. Yet. Please?

12/10/2015 2:14 AM

zhangmanqiang1120 wrote:

Nico_Hrndz wrote:

(please, share the source dude. We don't have any idea of when this picture has been taken)

But if that's a recent one: still a Lapierre bike (the 2016 Zesty XM), so the Gravity Republic guys don't have their new bikes yet.
His helmet though... is it an unbranded one or would it be a 100% enduro prototype ?

Looks like a 661 AM Evo from here

|

12/10/2015 2:31 AM

Oz_Taylor wrote:

I think that's a bit disrespectful. The guy is a world cup winner not that long ago, at Val di Sole of all places. Then followed up that with a 4th place at the same venue in 2012, the year Gwin won by around 8 seconds. The situation at GT with the Athertons clearly didn't suit him and he's taken a year out to do other things. Didn't Mick Hannah do the same a few seasons back?

It's like saying Wyn only got his GT Factory ride because he can pull really good wheelies. It's bullshit and it's disrespectful. Neither you or I would see which way those guys went on a bike. Any of the guys who can finish top 30 at world level work hard to be where they are and sometimes all they need is a chance.

I'm looking forward to seeing Marc back on the world cup circuit. Another Brit who will consistantly beat pretty much ALL the riders from the USA with the exception of Gwin and Shaw.

True. Marc Beaumont is the first rider to ever win a World Cup on a DH bike with a carbon frame. And on Val Di Sole, no less.

He's probably not as fit as a lot of the top guys out there atm but this off-season should take care of that. He will bring a lot of valuable mentorship to the team.

|

12/10/2015 3:28 AM

Martin Whiteley's 23 Degrees athlete management company has just picked up Dean Lucas: http://www.23degrees-sports.com/athletes/dean-lucas/

Whether or not this signals a move by Martin to start building a new race team we don't know yet (Martin ended the Trek World Racing adventure earlier this offseason).

|

12/10/2015 3:55 AM

C1audio wrote:

Looks like a 661 AM Evo from here

Yeah you're right, that seems pretty logical since his protective pads are from 661 too.

|

26 ain't dead. Yet. Please?