Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2016 Racing Rumours

Create New Tag

12/9/2015 8:29 AM

alexlafontaine13 wrote:

On a side note, really happy to see Wyn getting a major team deal, hopefully it pays off.

Didn't his brother not finish further up the score board this year?

|

12/9/2015 8:40 AM

Yeah - Marc Beaumont is back in game - Val di Sole gonna be interesting

|

12/9/2015 8:54 AM

alexlafontaine13 wrote:

On a side note, really happy to see Wyn getting a major team deal, hopefully it pays off.

LLLLL wrote:

That's a double negative so yeah but nope, Ed Masters finished 45th and Wyn was 33rd overall + his 3rd place in the NZ EWS

|

12/9/2015 10:18 AM

MR.KOOTNIKOFF - i'm calling you out for unnecessarily quoting an already unnecessary long posting. X( WHY?
These things are hard enough to read on a cellphone as they are.
Please - Think before you e-ink

|

12/9/2015 10:51 AM

Yep, with Sam Dale off to join GT, there was a spot to fill on Madison's roster...no sooner said than done, and Marc Beaumont rejoins the World Cup circus after a year's hiatus (which he spent anchoring the Global Mountain Bike Network together with Neil Donoghue). Here's the full announcement from Madison:

Madison Saracen Factory Team announce 2016 lineup

After another successful season of racing in 2015, the Madison Saracen Factory Team sees some exciting changes for 2016 that will continue their commitment to developing and supporting British racers on the world scene.

The team is excited to announce that experienced world cup winner and well known British downhill racer Marc Beaumont has signed a two year contract which will see him join forces with Matt Simmonds and Manon Carpenter to make a formidable team on the world cup circuit in 2016.

Marc – “It’s amazing to have the opportunity to come back to professional racing after a short break. Madison Saracen has one of the most professional setups on the circuit with an amazing team of staff that I respect and trust entirely. In addition to this there are great riders to push me along at every race. With this in mind I will have the best opportunity to fulfill my potential through 2016.”

Alongside them will be Matt Walker, who moves up from the Madison Saracen Development Team and takes on his first year as a junior and his first world cup season, after winning the British Downhill Series and British championships as a youth rider in 2015.

The team will race on the all new Saracen Myst carbon bike which was launched at the world championships in September where Manon Carpenter claimed yet another world championship medal after a testing season which saw her grow in strength from the experience of racing as world champion.

Manon – “I think we’ll have a lot of fun in 2016 with the restructured team. I’m looking forward to riding alongside Matt and Marc, as well as seeing Matt Walker experience world cups for the first time. Considering how some of the races went I was happy with where I finished last year and there are plenty of things that I can improve on, which keeps this off-season interesting for me. I’m excited and training is already well underway, I think it’s going to be a great year for the team.”

After a season hiatus where Marc Beaumont competed in only a select few races, he kept the desire and determination to prove he is still one of the fastest racers in the world.

Madison Saracen Factory Team manager, Will Longden recognised that and looked to solidify the team.

Will Longden – “I’ve known Marc for a long time. The opportunity to bring him to the team with all his experience and talent is fantastic. There is a lot the other riders can learn from him and I’m sure a lot of fresh enthusiasm he will take from them. Marc has been a great ambassador for British mountain biking, so to have him representing Saracen bikes and Madison Clothing along with all our other sponsors is very positive for everyone.

2015 had its highs and lows and we needed to strip things back and make the changes to get everybody focused and hungry for it again. I’m confident Marc is going to be pivotal in that and I can’t wait to get the 2016 season under way.”

Madison Saracen Factory Team 2016

Riders:
Marc Beaumont
Manon Carpenter
Matt Simmonds
Matt Walker

Mechanics:
Alex Lovett
Andy Ward

Performance Coach:
Phil Dixon

Team Support:
Pieter Wehmeyer

Team Manager:
Will Longden

|

12/9/2015 11:13 AM

Love the Marc Beaumont pick up! That guy has been in the circuit longer than almost all the other team combined I think. Great opportunity to bring some veteran experience to that team.

|

12/9/2015 12:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2015 12:34 PM

I think that's a bit disrespectful. The guy is a world cup winner not that long ago, at Val di Sole of all places. Then followed up that with a 4th place at the same venue in 2012, the year Gwin won by around 8 seconds. The situation at GT with the Athertons clearly didn't suit him and he's taken a year out to do other things. Didn't Mick Hannah do the same a few seasons back?

It's like saying Wyn only got his GT Factory ride because he can pull really good wheelies. It's bullshit and it's disrespectful. Neither you or I would see which way those guys went on a bike. Any of the guys who can finish top 30 at world level work hard to be where they are and sometimes all they need is a chance.

I'm looking forward to seeing Marc back on the world cup circuit. Another Brit who will consistantly beat pretty much ALL the riders from the USA with the exception of Gwin and Shaw.

|

12/9/2015 2:14 PM

I guess there is some truth in what you are saying, but I still think Marc is capable of good results, top tens even. I don't think the mtb channel is the only reason he got hired.

|

12/9/2015 3:41 PM

To be fair, Mark qualified first at Fort William the other year.

|

12/9/2015 3:44 PM

alexlafontaine13 wrote:

LLLLL wrote:

Colin McCarthy wrote:

That's a double negative so yeah but nope, Ed Masters finished 45th and Wyn was 33rd overall + his 3rd place in the NZ EWS

Thanks grammar police!
One of the wyn tv spots Ed was leading I thought, must have been a mid season one...

|

12/9/2015 4:03 PM

does anyone know`s what`s goiing on with the Swiss guys Beer, Niederberger, Weber? Specialy Niederberger didnt look like he did a good move to hes new Team, will he stay or nor any news?

|

12/9/2015 11:25 PM

Photo

|

12/10/2015 12:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2015 12:05 AM

(please, share the source dude. We don't have any idea of when this picture has been taken)

But if that's a recent one: still a Lapierre bike (the 2016 Zesty XM), so the Gravity Republic guys don't have their new bikes yet.
His helmet though... is it an unbranded one or would it be a 100% enduro prototype ?

|

Professional french asshole filling Vital's thread with baguettes and croissants.

12/10/2015 2:14 AM

Nico_Hrndz wrote:

(please, share the source dude. We don't have any idea of when this picture has been taken)

But if that's a recent one: still ...more

Looks like a 661 AM Evo from here

|

12/10/2015 2:31 AM

True. Marc Beaumont is the first rider to ever win a World Cup on a DH bike with a carbon frame. And on Val Di Sole, no less.

He's probably not as fit as a lot of the top guys out there atm but this off-season should take care of that. He will bring a lot of valuable mentorship to the team.

|

12/10/2015 3:28 AM

Martin Whiteley's 23 Degrees athlete management company has just picked up Dean Lucas: http://www.23degrees-sports.com/athletes/dean-lucas/

Whether or not this signals a move by Martin to start building a new race team we don't know yet (Martin ended the Trek World Racing adventure earlier this offseason).

|

12/10/2015 3:55 AM

C1audio wrote:

Looks like a 661 AM Evo from here

Yeah you're right, that seems pretty logical since his protective pads are from 661 too.

|

Professional french asshole filling Vital's thread with baguettes and croissants.

12/10/2015 7:11 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

Martin Whiteley's 23 Degrees athlete management company has just picked up Dean Lucas: ...more

Good choice. I spoke to Martin these days and I realized that a new project is to come.

|

12/10/2015 9:56 AM

I think there are many reasons for a team to hire Marc. To me he was always one of the fewer eloquent riders who had an educated humor and made it into the media (like minaar or needles). That doesn't make him faster or more stylish, but to me it matters. Just so that I can prove to my wife and kids that we aren't all rail sluting - nail rutting hooligans.
That's why I'm happy that he is going to be back on the circuit - and I'm pretty sure that's why he was always a media favorite for the likes of Sven, Duncan e.g. I'm only bummed that he isn't back together with Maurissen - they made for an interesting racer/mechanic-couple.
I hope I make it to Leogang next year to get so see him in action. To me he is one one of the sports great characters in his time. Amen

|

12/10/2015 10:08 AM

styriabeef wrote:

I think there are many reasons for a team to hire Marc. To me he was always one of the fewer eloquent riders who had an ...more

Agreed, and well said. Beaumont is a class act.

|

12/10/2015 10:54 AM

Marc also won Vigo WC back in 2007, let's not forget. Class act to boot.

|

12/10/2015 11:01 AM

Nico_Hrndz wrote:

It's Glentress near Peebles in Scotland. He was riding with Lew Buchanan and the 'Base' Downhill college guys and gals. Around 2 - 3 weeks ago.
Photo

|

12/10/2015 12:10 PM

Nico_Hrndz wrote:

Weeny wrote:

It's Glentress near Peebles in Scotland. He was riding with Lew Buchanan and the 'Base' Downhill college guys and gals. Around ...more

Thats Not a Lapierre, look at the front of the headtube.

|

12/10/2015 12:21 PM

Lapierreloosely wrote:

http://www.descent-world.co.uk/2015/11/20/back-to-base-with-bruni/

|

12/10/2015 12:22 PM

Nico_Hrndz wrote:

Weeny wrote:

It's Glentress near Peebles in Scotland. He was riding with Lew Buchanan and the 'Base' Downhill college guys and gals. Around ...more

Lapierreloosely wrote:

You're totally correct!.......It's from a Banshee Spitfire!!!! ;-)

|

12/10/2015 1:12 PM

Weeny wrote:

Lapierreloosely wrote:

Weeny wrote:

ABSOLUTELY not.

|

12/10/2015 1:29 PM

getting things mixed up, it's Lew Buchanan who is on Banshee.

|

12/10/2015 2:24 PM

Weeny wrote:

Lapierreloosely wrote:

Weeny wrote:

Thats a Zesty AM 527 from 2016. Sorry guys.

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/first-ride-the-all-new-lapierre-zesty-am-2016/

|

12/10/2015 2:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2015 2:32 PM

JoeyHooo and app-uncture is right. Bruni even posted it on his Instagram
Loic's Instagram

|

12/10/2015 2:35 PM

BTW wyn is still tagging all of his sponsors from before (Shimano, Rock Shox and Schwalbe, etc.), except for Bulls. Any meaning in this?

|