Accessibility Widget: On | Off

The No-Racing-We're-All-a-Little-Grumpy Forum Thread

Create New Tag

3/13/2020 8:33 AM

With mountain bike racing (and life in general) at a standstill due to the virus, we're all a little grumpy.

Who needs a reality show when there is actual reality.
(screencaps courtesy of a lot of different people)

Photo
Photo
Photo

adam brayton to the rescue
Photo
Photo

|

3/13/2020 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 8:58 AM

Seems like the park and arrangers are on Brunis side on this.

Photo

|

3/13/2020 9:38 AM

|

3/13/2020 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 11:18 AM

If you’ve ever been to a European, or more to the point, a French ski resort a common thing you’ll hear in the bars is that the queues are a joke and that “the french don’t know how to queue”...spend a little more time there and it quickly becomes clear it’s the Brits causing the problems in the lift lines.
just saying...

|

3/13/2020 3:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 3:40 PM

Pedo popcorn is all I’m seeing

|

Fristonboy

3/13/2020 4:41 PM

and now the supercross is cancelled too.

If they can MOTOGP I am going postal in this bitch.

|

3/13/2020 5:41 PM

brash wrote:

Easy Meow, we're all in this together. How about a world wide conference call where we all just imitate out favorite teams' bike sounds. Loudest wins the GP.

|

3/13/2020 6:42 PM

brash wrote:

Big Bird wrote:

Easy Meow, we're all in this together. How about a world wide conference call where we all just imitate out favorite teams' ...more

I feel like a “taxi cab confession” for mountain bikers thread would be just as entertaining.

|

3/14/2020 8:21 AM

School and daycare’s have been closed for the next two weeks. I have four under the age of ten at home with me. I need something to entertain myself. This is going to be rough!

|

3/14/2020 2:50 PM

The timing has everything to do with this argument. The second that the race was called off, it's game on. Athletes have been training and focusing on this track for the whole off season, chomping at the bit to ride it. Once it's called off, there's no way you could keep me off this track, even if just to prove to myself that I've prepared properly. If the tape was cut along with some downed trees blocking the track Before the cancelation, then there's room for argument. Otherwise, whatever...

|

3/14/2020 3:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2020 3:53 PM

Looks like he wasn’t the only one riding the track. Hell, there’s a video on this homepage of two racers riding it. And I think Greg Williamson posted a clip of him riding it. Not sure why Loics panties are in a bunch.

|

3/14/2020 5:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2020 5:10 PM

what we asked on youtube...
Photo

the track builder post a few up the page indicates it was closed. does it matter much in the end? prob not.

|

3/14/2020 6:54 PM

You have to distance yourself from the other people somehow...

They might not be able to race it this season, so just get over it...

|

3/19/2020 8:33 PM

Between working from home and having a lot of time to kill I was thinking about catching up on the XC races I rarely watch. What were the best races from 2018/19? No spoilers!

|

3/20/2020 12:29 AM

fun house wrote:

Between working from home and having a lot of time to kill I was thinking about catching up on the XC races I rarely watch. ...more

The women's race at La Bresse 2018 was one of the best races I've seen. I'd recommend watching the whole season in order to build the suspense as La Bresse was the final round.

|