Intense Has an E-bike

Create New Tag

9/29/2018 9:02 AM

sven sent this spy pic from finale.

i wanted to title this thread THE INTENSE TAZER IS BACK! but that would be cruel clickbait for slalom and 4x lovers.

#popcornemoji

let's throw in a fun poll while we're at it

I Approve of this Intense E-Bike

|

9/29/2018 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2018 9:51 AM

sspomer wrote:

sven sent this spy pic from finale.

i wanted to title this thread THE INTENSE TAZER IS BACK! but that would be cruel clickbait for slalom and 4x lovers.

#popcornemoji

let's throw in a fun poll while we're at it

Ok another brand I will not respect
Bla bla bla
Just kidding
Just choose tougher climbs and enjoy
Just concern about restrictions to bike trails that ebikes can cause to regular bikes

|

9/29/2018 10:10 AM

There are companies making good looking e bikes.... this is not one of them.

|

9/29/2018 10:36 AM

soo....the Tazer, a DJ e-Bike?

|

9/29/2018 12:10 PM

Not a good sign to be able to see that much daylight between the chainring and rear tire (looong chainstay), combined with out much space between the front tire and the cranks (short front center/wheelbase).

I wouldn't mind 445 CS if it were combined with a 1275mm wheelbase, but these proportions are all goofy like early 29ers.

|

9/29/2018 3:02 PM

coyoterun wrote:

soo....the Tazer, a DJ e-Bike?

Tazer, electric, slow clap

|

9/29/2018 6:35 PM

ninjichor wrote:

Not a good sign to be able to see that much daylight between the chainring and rear tire (looong chainstay), combined with out much space between the front tire and the cranks (short front center/wheelbase).

I wouldn't mind 445 CS if it were combined with a 1275mm wheelbase, but these proportions are all goofy like early 29ers.

Nothing about any ebike is a good sign.

|

9/29/2018 6:37 PM

I didn't really like Intense bikes anyway, so it doesn't matter that this brand has eliminated all possibility of me ever buying one of their bikes now.

|

9/29/2018 8:21 PM

Make an e-bike. Go for it.

But using an iconic name from your history of race bred machines? I think the program managers made a bit of a poor choice there for a pun name? Haaaaa. I'm going to go ahead and guess there are some salty employees/designers/engineers at Intense on this one.

|

9/29/2018 9:06 PM

Is it ok if I set up a booth , in the comment section, and sell tissues?

|

9/29/2018 10:01 PM

grinch wrote:

Is it ok if I set up a booth , in the comment section, and sell tissues?

Genius business idea, you’ll make millions in America.

|

9/29/2018 11:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2018 11:40 PM

I’m gonna play Nostradamus here and predict Brian Lopes will be back on Intense and riding that thing in 2019 .....he was just on Instagram riding an E-mtb raving about how cool they are

|

9/30/2018 4:32 AM

called in Entense.

|

9/30/2018 4:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2018 4:56 AM

T-Dawg wrote:

I’m gonna play Nostradamus here and predict Brian Lopes will be back on Intense and riding that thing in 2019 .....he was just on Instagram riding an E-mtb raving about how cool they are

That's a good sign. Hope he inspires some desirable ebike designs, rather than these townie inspired cruisers.

I credit Lopes for helping with the Ripmo and Ellsworth Rogue and Evolution, in contrast to the Ripley and the entire other Ellsworth line-up. The size large in these models look dialed for carving out of the saddle. Just need brands to follow the trend of making room to upsize, with a shorter seat tube, so my short 5' 7" self can ride dialed geo.

|

9/30/2018 12:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2018 12:51 PM

Well here's my 2 cents at this point they aint going away, good or bad for us they aint going away. I'm very concerned about losing access to the areas I love to ride because of lazy selfish bikers I've already seen plenty of them on the trail & I'm sure some of you have as well and there are signs posted on the trails about NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES but on the subject of Townie type cruiser bikes maybe they make one tough enough to carry me uphill with a rack to carry my beloved pedal only all mountain bike thated be a e-bike I'd buy.

The original motorcyle's were bicycles with all forms of engines grafted on to them, now the motor builders are doing it again just with batteries instead of gasoline, how many of you still love and ride your motorcycles?

`Have any of you had the opportunity to ride a Alta or a KTM Free Ride the Alta is awesome its not to the nlevel of a 450 yet but it will be, there are other examples or extreme performance from electric vehicles just stay off the trails that are marked, enjoy your day out on the trails with all the 4x4's and dirt bikes!

|

9/30/2018 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2018 1:21 PM

Never got into motorcycling, but I can see the the draw of self-shuttling through emtb. Not only from the bottom to top, but also from the house to nearby trails. Cutting the car out of the pic is huge. Might be just a young naive view (optimistic about new opportunity), but rather this than carry on old habits with new tech (ass backwards adapting). Shuttling an unmotorized bike with an emtb... xD

|

9/30/2018 9:09 PM

Didn't realize this was Vital Emtb. Gosh spomer don't you know any better

|

10/1/2018 8:30 AM

Oh dear, back to the drawing board.

|

10/1/2018 9:00 AM

All the details are on, www.singletrackworld.com £7000 English pounds, and only available in one build spec.

|

11/9/2018 3:35 PM

official launch video for the tazer e-bike

|