Are You Going To Buy a New Bike in 2018?

1/19/2018 3:19am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2018 3:20pm
It may sound like a straightforward question, and it is. But we also wonder to what extent you feel like the bike industry is coming up with stuff that still warrants frequent upgrading, or whether we're reached a point where it's more about fresh graphics and colors and minor spec updates or what not. Vote in the poll below and chime in with your observations in the comments!

{poll:326}

|
JoeyHooo
1/19/2018 4:35am
Bergamont EnCore Team 2018. Bike for everything !
nocker
1/19/2018 5:38am
15 inches of front travel, 18 inches rear travel. Is this Benders bike?
1/19/2018 6:37am
The bike industry does a good job of creating FOMO. It's only when I'm not riding my bike that I'm thinking of the niggles I have with it.
Aksel_Lfft
1/19/2018 6:50am
As I have an old RM Slayer SS 350 (still running strong though), I think it is time to change to a more modern bike. I hope I will go by the end of the year with a brand new Propain TYEE 2018

Smile

I am not the type of guy that change bike every year, it more like a long term partner to me Wink
1/19/2018 7:28am
Nope, and I'm an admitted gear dork. My current stable isn't changing much and has not over the past year and a half, I think I might actually be getting annoyed with 'new' gear lately...I am finding more satisfaction in thoroughly destroying what I have before replacing.
Cool3
1/19/2018 7:53am
nocker wrote:
Just 12, that's way enough... Wink
gotdurt
1/19/2018 8:08am
Yea, I'm perfectly content with my Mega (as I was with previous bikes), but as usual, as "standards" change and I can no longer easily get the parts I want as a result, I'll be forced to buy a new frame in less than 2 years (this time I expect boost to be the problem).
Big Bird
1/19/2018 8:20am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2018 8:31am
My bikes are old and my wallet's empty. It's frustrating to work in a bike shop building all of the finest new bikes and not being paid anywhere near enough to afford one.
nocker
1/19/2018 8:34am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2018 8:35am
nocker wrote:
Cool3 wrote:
Just 12, that's way enough... Wink
perfect... that things a beast!!!
T-Dawg
1/19/2018 10:36am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2018 10:36am
More bikes .... more problems Cool
Carraig042
1/19/2018 5:07pm
I bought my 2018 Spartan in late November, so I will count that as a yes. Last trail bike was bought in late 2013.
1/19/2018 9:24pm
Just received my new 2018 YT Jeffsy 29er sonyes I need a new bike yearly sometimes
Werratte
1/19/2018 10:53pm
Yes! I'm about to switch from my three years old Propain Tyee to a Propain Spindrift.
Appr. the same weight and uphill-performance, but a pretty big step up in downhill-performance.
Aksel_Lfft
1/20/2018 7:09am
Werratte wrote:
Yes! I'm about to switch from my three years old Propain Tyee to a Propain Spindrift. Appr. the same weight and uphill-performance, but a pretty big...
Yes! I'm about to switch from my three years old Propain Tyee to a Propain Spindrift.
Appr. the same weight and uphill-performance, but a pretty big step up in downhill-performance.
Hi!

Did you test both to make this statement? I wanted to take the Spindrift first but then thought it was more like a modern freeride bike than a proper enduro bike.

Thanks Smile
Werratte
1/20/2018 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 1:31pm
Werratte wrote:
Yes! I'm about to switch from my three years old Propain Tyee to a Propain Spindrift. Appr. the same weight and uphill-performance, but a pretty big...
Aksel_Lfft wrote:
Hi! Did you test both to make this statement? I wanted to take the Spindrift first but then thought it was more like a modern freeride...
Hi!

Did you test both to make this statement? I wanted to take the Spindrift first but then thought it was more like a modern freeride bike than a proper enduro bike.

Thanks Smile
I had a testride in southtyrol. Well, how to explain. It was a real surprise, how good this thing worked in uphill. There have been 8 Strava-sections in my testride. The bike was new to me, just a provisional setup and i did'nt like the Magura brakelevers - but up and down, every section was a PR! So, where is the line, between Freeride and Enduro? This thing is just fast.
...and my Tyee is sold now. I will hit the buzzer for the Spindrift soon!
1/21/2018 1:02am
Yeah, got a fresh Hanzz on order - just waiting for the delivery now!
luisgutrod
1/21/2018 3:51am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 3:52am
I have a perfectly working 2016 model bike bought about a year ago.. alloy beast that when I threw a leg over it I fell in love, best bike I have ever had. And yes I hate carbon bikes because I'm careless and this raw alloy bike suits me well. That said, if these bastards release an improved carbon version of my bike, all will go to hell, f*ck... release that bike and stop teasing Chris & Lance
Aksel_Lfft
1/21/2018 7:41am
Werratte wrote:
Aksel_Lfft wrote:
Hi! Did you test both to make this statement? I wanted to take the Spindrift first but then thought it was more like a modern freeride...
Hi!

Thanks Smile
Werratte wrote:
I had a testride in southtyrol. Well, how to explain. It was a real surprise, how good this thing worked in uphill. There have been 8...
I had a testride in southtyrol. Well, how to explain. It was a real surprise, how good this thing worked in uphill. There have been 8 Strava-sections in my testride. The bike was new to me, just a provisional setup and i did'nt like the Magura brakelevers - but up and down, every section was a PR! So, where is the line, between Freeride and Enduro? This thing is just fast.
Hi!
Thanks for your answer! I understand your point.
Was the tyee worth the money? It is difficult to find many reviews about this bike but they sure are positive!
1/21/2018 10:14am
I just bought a 2018 Kona Process 153 CR, still have my 2014 process 111 too...
Werratte
1/21/2018 10:01pm
Aksel_Lfft wrote:
Hi!

Thanks Smile
Werratte wrote:
I had a testride in southtyrol. Well, how to explain. It was a real surprise, how good this thing worked in uphill. There have been 8...
Aksel_Lfft wrote:
Hi! Thanks for your answer! I understand your point. Was the tyee worth the money? It is difficult to find many reviews about this bike but...
Hi!
Was the tyee worth the money? It is difficult to find many reviews about this bike but they sure are positive!
It absolutely is! The best about Propain-Bikes, is the free-konfigurator. You can choose from so many options, that you don't need to change any stuff afterwards.
The Tyee is reliable and easy to ride. You can easily do a enduro race or cross the alps. Your preferences cause the version and the build of the bike.
I will send you some links to reviews later. I have to get my car to a service now and there is f****** snow outside...
Aksel_Lfft
1/22/2018 12:46am
Werratte wrote:
Aksel_Lfft wrote:
Hi! Thanks for your answer! I understand your point. Was the tyee worth the money? It is difficult to find many reviews about this bike but...
Hi!
Werratte wrote:
It absolutely is! The best about Propain-Bikes, is the free-konfigurator. You can choose from so many options, that you don't need to change any stuff afterwards...
It absolutely is! The best about Propain-Bikes, is the free-konfigurator. You can choose from so many options, that you don't need to change any stuff afterwards.
The Tyee is reliable and easy to ride. You can easily do a enduro race or cross the alps. Your preferences cause the version and the build of the bike.
I will send you some links to reviews later. I have to get my car to a service now and there is f****** snow outside...
Hi,

Wonderful! Yes the Free program is really impressive and the best for me is that you can target key components where you need (suspensions, wheels,etc...) and get more mid-range on other parts to optimize the final price!
Thanks for the links also!
parnifel
1/22/2018 2:06am
Loving my new Reign Advanced..just gotta wait til Spring and hit the Ligure trails.

mamath7
1/22/2018 4:24am
I'll take a giant reign 1.5 ge, low price tag, well equipped, nice geo, will be great. (Haibike Heet 7.20 2016 for sale, parts or complete bike ? )
Volta55
1/22/2018 8:45pm

Still giving it on the DW DHR
I was weighing the options of selling the DHR and buying a low end DH bike for beginning '18, but I really love the bike; hard to part it.
Was thinking of getting an updated frame but fuk not with these new sizings.

Maybe mid '18 or '19 I'll have an updated DH bike.

Post a reply to: Are You Going To Buy a New Bike in 2018?

The Latest