Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Minnar for a Million!?!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2010 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:12 PM

Surprised there are no Gwin or Minnar threads. Heard he was doing Trek for a three year million dolla deal. And what about Gwin? GT perhaps?

|

9/28/2010 1:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:12 PM

Gwin's new team?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

9/28/2010 2:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:19 AM

original poster, it's MINNAAR. if he's getting a cool mill, then at least we can all spell his name right.

gwin's other new sponsor?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

9/28/2010 2:42 PM

I heard it on good authority that Hill will be rocking a 14 speed internally geared fixed coged rear suspension only next year and is getting $5,000,000 per race. Brought to you by Fischer Price and Tonka Toys for 2011 through 2012

|

9/28/2010 2:47 PM

good feeling gwin will be on GT as well....

|

9/28/2010 3:32 PM

gwin should go to Lapierre with Blenki. unstoppable

|

9/28/2010 3:35 PM

Mikey Haderer deserves a paycheck folks! (had to blast that out)

|

9/28/2010 3:56 PM

sspomer wrote:

original poster, it's MINNAAR. if he's getting a cool mill, then at least we can all spell his name right.

gwin's other new sponsor?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

"ROGER THAT"

|

Quinton Spaulding | KHS Factory Racing (Team Manager) | Ride KHS
quinton@khsfactoryracing | www.khsfactoryracing.com
mobile: 702.521.2820 | www.khsbicycles.com

Facebook Twitter YouTube

9/28/2010 7:18 PM

My gut says Stevie Smith will be looking for a new bike next season. Possible Intense / Redbull team with Rennie and Matti perhaps? Trek Minnaar, Smith duo? Lapierre or even Devinci?
My crystal balls are fogging up dammit.

|

9/28/2010 10:57 PM

Not sure if anything is actually going down but I did see something at the interbike dirtdemo that might be related. Santa Cruz syndicate's team manager Kathy Sessler was discussing/arguing with team director Martin Whiteley of trek world racing about something for some time in the middle of a bike path. She seemed pretty heated and he looked like he was trying to slink away. I suppose losing Minnaar would do that to a person. Did some toes get stepped on...?

|

9/29/2010 12:14 AM

It would be quite interesting to see if these rumors are true Minnaar on a trek would be strange but then again he's been on Whiteley's payroll before.... Gwin leaving Yeti would be a massive lose for the Joey's not exactly been getting the results....just my two cents

|

Gravity....I fought the law but the law won

9/29/2010 12:36 AM

I think Gwin will be on GT...perhaps. Bryceland will be on Evil, Minnar will be on Trek, Stevie Smith will be looking for something faster so maybe lapierre? Rennie is obviously on Intense, Cedriq & peaty will stay on Santa Cruz but I can't say about anybody else really!
I do think the V10 suited Minnar but who knows, the Session is a fast bike. It would have been interesting to see him go to Specialized/Monster energy I think. I wonder who yeti will replace Gwin with?
Minnar is ridiculously fast on W/E he puts his leg over so I doubt it matters but 2012 season will be incredible to watch!

|

9/29/2010 1:36 AM

Gwin will stay on Yeti, Fox and Shimano will put extra money into the team to keep him on turquoise. Bryce will stay on Santa Cruz with Peaty. If I was a betting man I’d bet on Greg to Trek with Martin for a deal that pays good for both of them.

|

9/29/2010 2:42 AM

is there actualli conformation that greg isnt just gna sign with santa cruz again?? juz sayn....

|

keepin' it loose since 1993

9/29/2010 3:48 AM

If Minnaar went to Trek he would be on Fox suspension, I assume. That would be a HUGE change for him, not to mention a massive loss for Sram.

Lapierre are looking for someone of the same caliber as Blinky to "compliment" each other. another Kiwi perhaps?

|

9/29/2010 5:32 AM

FFS... this sport is getting like football... this on there this one here, he gets this and this, FFS what's the point of that speculation?

why didn't he pass to Bloomberg, hes alooone on the left!" why isn't goalkeeper coming out to him, what an idiot! They should not buy this prick from Barca nooo!

I can already see the DH version of that: three experts on a couch with a beer trying to sound knowledgeable to each other: why did he took the line to the right?! Hill just cleared these roots after jumping off the log to the right! noooo! shut up Andy he couldn't do with Fox 40, only guys with Boxxers can hit that!

|

9/29/2010 5:45 AM

WAKi wrote:

FFS... this sport is getting like football... this on there this one here, he gets this and this, FFS what's the point of that speculation?

why didn't he pass to Bloomberg, hes alooone on the left!" why isn't goalkeeper coming out to him, what an idiot! They should not buy this prick from Barca nooo!

I can already see the DH version of that: three experts on a couch with a beer trying to sound knowledgeable to each other: why did he took the line to the right?! Hill just cleared these roots after jumping off the log to the right! noooo! shut up Andy he couldn't do with Fox 40, only guys with Boxxers can hit that!

This has to be the funniest thing ive ever read lol!!! laughing

|

9/29/2010 6:44 AM

this ain't gonna be funny when it develops a DH violence kind of thing, with supporters banging on each other. Especialy in Britain! Two reasons: football violence tradition and so many good riders coming out of there. I see it in the news already

Today on NPS Innerleithen group of supporters of Atherton Racing beaten up senslessly a supporter of Danny Hart stating out loud his love to Rachel Atherton. As a result of this incident, a group of Marc Baumont fans started throwing stones at first ones. Si Paton got hurt in the process trying to separate the fighting sides. He owns his life to wearing a TLD D3 Helmet. With his Leattbrace on he was transported to a nearest hospital. one person is reported with a broken ass

|

9/29/2010 7:00 AM

WAKi wrote:

Welcome to the internets.

|

9/29/2010 7:00 AM

Gwin seems to work on yeti. he also should make absolute bank this year. he's still what, like 23?

|

9/29/2010 7:14 AM

If Trek gets Minnaar, that would be the new powerhouse team for next year. Minnaar, Leov, Neethling, Mosley

|

9/29/2010 7:18 AM

WAKi wrote:

Calm Down Buddy!

|

Facebook Twitter YouTube

9/29/2010 7:20 AM

Maybe live broadcasting on TV is your thing??... or not!

|

Facebook Twitter YouTube

9/29/2010 8:15 AM

Hahahaha this is great!

|

9/29/2010 8:59 AM

Biting my tongue on this thread....

|

9/29/2010 9:14 AM

Then there are other riders like. Fairclough, Hart, Neethling, Leov, Lehikoinen, CK, O Conner, Beaumont, Hannah, Griffiths, Beerten, Ragot and a few others who may or may not be signed up

|

9/29/2010 9:17 AM

it will be a while before anything is announced anyway so why be so over excited already.

|

9/29/2010 9:27 AM

Yep, its silly season now.

|

9/29/2010 10:11 AM

Because specualtion is more than half the fun! Announcements are boring, usually written by some PR stif.

You assume its a done deal that Brendan will stay at Spec but who knows. Giant would be silly to get rid of Danny cos he's killed it this year! Same with GT and Slugger. CK and Matti probabaly likely to resign CRC.

|

9/29/2010 10:16 AM

I love this season.

|