World's Best Dirt Bucketlist

Create New Tag

11/17/2017 8:54 AM

You've all ridden that one spot, that one day, when the dirt was absolutely perfect. Soft yet supportive. Loose yet grippy. Loamy yet fast. So where are your magic spots? Let's build a bucket list of places that any dirt aficionado worth their salt should visit at least once in their life. Have at it!

11/17/2017 9:06 AM

And to kick things off, I'm nominating Madeira. Absolutely magical, in places. It gets loads of rain but also sun, and in certain areas, the dirt just seems to be made of velcro. Never really felt anything like it elsewhere...although there are a lot of places I still need to roll my tires on!

11/17/2017 9:08 AM

Sheep Hills

11/17/2017 9:19 AM

Hey Bud trail on Blackcomb mountain. Spent an evening on Blackcomb this summer, and it was a welcome change to the blown out dust bowl that is the bikepark.

11/17/2017 9:20 AM

Nesbyen, Norway. So much flow & loam.

11/17/2017 9:40 AM

Queenstown, after it's rained. Rotorua when it's dry. Flip those scenarios and you end up with some of the wildest conditions imaginable.

I also nominate my home turf of New England during the mid-summer, when it's that golden inbetween.

11/17/2017 9:53 AM

Santa Cruz - I was blown away on how far over I could get the bike on a corner, not to mention how much speed you carried through each corner as well.

11/17/2017 1:13 PM

Rotorua. That volcanic soil is out the gate, combined with a good climate. Its almost always hero dirt. It can rain for 3 months straight in winter and in half a day its perfect again. Even if it is raining its still mentally good.
Well just ignore the two times ews came to town and things got alil out of control with climate change-esk weather.

And Madeira. For pretty much the reasons state above! Plus the ridiculous views everywhere give me fond memories

11/17/2017 2:29 PM

where ever this is? haha kidding but think of the pumptrack potential!

11/17/2017 3:09 PM

Pila Bike Park, Italy. Nothing compares to the slight slide into confidence inspiring grip that you get there, it's like nothing I've ever felt anywhere else

11/17/2017 4:08 PM

I would go with Rotorua when it's not raining, but even with a drizzle the soil is still good. The mud is generally not the sticky kind too as it rolls off the wheels quickly and doesn't leave your tire looking like a fatbike's.

A close second would be the DH tracks in Patiis, San Mateo, Philippines. The condition of the soil is perfect when it's a warm day after raining the day/night before. Getting the right conditions can be tricky, however. If it's too hot the trail gets dusty AF and when it rains, it's like riding on lard using wheels made out of butter.

11/17/2017 5:58 PM

Under a canopy of 25 yr old Doug fir reprod

11/18/2017 8:53 AM

Not Northstar

11/18/2017 10:14 AM

Revelstoke BC.

11/18/2017 10:35 AM

British Columbia's Sunshine Coast is pretty tough to beat.

Luckily there's always hero dirt to be found somewhere. You just have to chase it!

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

11/25/2017 8:28 PM

The dirty shocks boys have been working hard creating our own little slice of heaven. We're vlogging its creation on YouTube "dirty shocks backyard bike park".