TOP 5 MTB PEDALS OUT NOW (???)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2010 7:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:11 PM

I'm stuck for pedals for my build

What's the top 5 pedals on the market as we speak????????????
|

2/28/2010 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:18 AM

Check out the Point One Podium Pedal.

Super thin. Super light. 'Nuff said

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

2/28/2010 9:05 AM

I've had a bunch of flat pedals, and nothing comes close to the quality and burliness of the Speedplay Drilliums. Mine are still running flawlessly after three seasons with zero play in the bearings. Too bad they cost 115 bucks. Brands I've destroyed: Transition, Crank Bros, Azonic, Tioga

|

BMA Film Festival coordinator

2/28/2010 10:21 AM

easton flatboys for me on the dh bike and $11 odyssey plastics on the hardtail and beach cruiser.
|

2/28/2010 10:26 AM

sspomer wrote: easton flatboys for me on the dh bike and $11 odyssey plastics on the hardtail and beach cruiser.

Flatboys. Solid and super reliable!

|

Why walk when you can ride? I hate walking!

2/28/2010 10:51 AM

wellgo MG-1s no question for flats. They are light and durable and WAY cheaper than most high end pedals.

|

2/28/2010 11:23 AM

I feel like the MG-1s are too small to be a proper DH pedal, but I love them for the trailbike. I have run Flatboys forever, but after having the body fall off an almost new set in NZ, leaving me to buy unsealed 50/50 pedals for $140 NZD (worst pedals ever - and I have 3 sets at home), I think I have written off the Eastons. Last year I bent a spindle on an older set, and they refused to send me a new spindle. They told me I had to buy new pedals.

I hate to join the ultra high-end pedal bandwagon, but I think my next pedals are going to be Straitlines where the spindles are plentiful and easy to replace.

Spindles will always bend no matter what pedals you run, so I find it incredibly lame that some companies don't offer replaceable spindles. Macneil is also on my sh|t list for this same problem.

|

2/28/2010 11:28 AM

first ride on the point one pedals yesterday and they are the shit

|

2/28/2010 11:42 AM

My favorite pedals at the moment is Kona Wah Wah. They are thin, have nice bearings and changeble pins. The only disapointment is that the orginal pins do get rusty.
DESCRIPTION:

Thin 17mm profile

Extrusion & CNC process 6061 aluminum body

4150 cromoly axle

Double cartridge bearings and DU bushings

Replaceable pins

|

2/28/2010 11:46 AM

Straitlines are the shit. A little heavy but its for a reason DURABILITY... Plus the dude took apart and put them back together with scissors and a rock.

Straitline Pedal Test

|

2/28/2010 12:21 PM

STRAITLINE all the way. Easily the best I have ever used. Big platform, amazing grip, thin, great pins, and great support.

|

2/28/2010 12:33 PM

Straitline on the DH bike, Fly Reubens going on the trail bike (haven't ridden them yet but they look good!).

|

MRP - Brand Manager
Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

2/28/2010 1:05 PM

The Point One Podium pedals are great for all types of riding. Light enough for an XC ride yet strong enough for World Cup races. The Podium pedals are truly the best pedals money can buy.

|

2/28/2010 4:57 PM

ive had specialized mag-pro 3's? for like 4 years, i think thats what there called, and there sick, just a touch heavier then my odyssey twisted pc's that i love so dearly but when its mucky n wet the mags are the shit. the odysseys are pretty tops tho, theyve had the same design since like 2000 and there just a boss as all the plastic pedals out there that imitate there perfection. haha and to think the first pair i ever had got thrown away because they were plastic.

|

2/28/2010 5:02 PM

syncros mentals have crazy grip but wear through shoes and shins if you slip a pedal

|

2/28/2010 5:09 PM

CANFIELD BROTHERS CRAMPON PEDAL

These are the way to go, or Twenty6 Products if you have monies to buy them at $ 280.00 us

|

Ride bikes, it's just plain fun! - Enjoy your next ride!

2/28/2010 6:20 PM

i gotta go with the point1 podium pedals - so awesome im debating going back to flats on the dh bike, tons of grip, light, low profile - ive been beating my set up for the past month or so and i have nothing but good things to say about them...

|

2/28/2010 7:00 PM

You're in the UK, you should already know, Burgtec.

|

2/28/2010 7:06 PM

Brand Used wrote:

STRAITLINE all the way. Easily the best I have ever used. Big platform, amazing grip, thin, great pins, and great support.

+1
just got em and they are easily the best pedal I've ever ridden! grip is INSANE and they look bulletproof!

|

2/28/2010 7:15 PM

1. Straitline
2. Kona Wah Wahs
3. Easton Flat Boys...took me 10 years to bust em'...small $5 fix.
4. Point One Podium...just ridden, never owned.
5. Odsy Glo for the BMX bike

|

Lance

2/28/2010 7:38 PM

I ♥ ma WahWahs.

|

2/28/2010 7:48 PM

Wah wahs were an awesome surprise for me. Two+ seasons and going smooth and strong. A lot cheaper than the high end brands. I'm currently trying out some Deity pedals which seem like copies of Wah Wahs (probably made in same Taiwan fab) and we'll see. I've ridden the Canfield crampons briefly and they seem awesome, but expensive. Excellent concept.

Flypapers? Anybody? Never seen em in person myself.

|

3/1/2010 8:01 AM

oldmandave wrote:

Wah wahs were an awesome surprise for me. Two+ seasons and going smooth and strong. A lot cheaper than the high end brands. I'm currently trying out some Deity pedals which seem like copies of Wah Wahs (probably made in same Taiwan fab) and we'll see. I've ridden the Canfield crampons briefly and they seem awesome, but expensive. Excellent concept.

Flypapers? Anybody? Never seen em in person myself.

Wah's are dope. I ran the Deity for a while, I like the way the pins work better on the Kona's.

The closest thing I have found to the Wah wah's and should probably be added to the list is the Premium/Pivit (Haro) pedals. Same price, shape, whatever with colors!

|

Lance

3/1/2010 9:50 AM

straitlines!!!

|

Is it friday yet?

3/1/2010 9:50 AM

|

3/1/2010 1:01 PM

Wellgo MG-1

|

3/1/2010 1:03 PM

i love my straitlines. I have given some friends the pins that the straitlines come with and they were diggin the improved grip. I'd probably use their pins on anything i get or try in the future.

|

i wanna ride like Jay Adams skated

3/1/2010 2:29 PM

Urban: Atomlab TrailKings. No Bearings, no problems.

DH: Atomlab Pimp Sealed. Large platform that works well w/ Five 10's.

|

sTp

3/1/2010 9:19 PM

ns pedals hands down..iv been riding these things for a couple months now..beating on them and they still keep my feet where i want them since day one

|

3/2/2010 6:27 AM

funn soljam are good, they have a good grip because off the square shape whith a pinn in the outer edge.

|