Accessibility Widget: On | Off

STFU Chain Damper

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2020 8:39 AM

Has any one used this product or one like it? I run folded up mastic and it works very well but wears out within a month or two! what are you guys running and does it work well? Vhs slapper tape?

|

6/27/2020 7:53 AM

Old tube and some zipties

|

6/27/2020 12:10 PM

I’m running their trail setup silencer. Yes it does do what it says. My bike is like a ninja now. Especially after quieting down the derailleur

|

7/27/2020 7:15 AM

The foam roadie grip tape is the best stuff I ever used to quiet chain slap. It weighs next to nothing and will hold up for a long time, just wrap your stays!

|

7/27/2020 11:14 AM

This is my solution... works pretty well

|

7/27/2020 9:40 PM

Jon_Angieri wrote:

I’m running their trail setup silencer. Yes it does do what it says. My bike is like a ninja now. Especially after quieting ...more

What did you do to quiet your derailleur?

|

7/28/2020 6:26 AM

Jon_Angieri wrote:

I’m running their trail setup silencer. Yes it does do what it says. My bike is like a ninja now. Especially after quieting ...more

Skullsroad wrote:

Google homemade hall-lock and watch the video Colin Tim Timmermans made

|

7/28/2020 7:30 AM

I put one on my Ibis HD4, and ended up taking it off for a couple reasons. First, with an oval chainring it was super hard to get it not to rub the chain on either the high or low end of the cassette. This made pedaling less efficient and created drag, and on granny gear actually louder. Second because my chainstays were pretty wide, my crank would actually hit the STFU when I pedaled, and it drove me nuts. The tolerance for the setup was just too precise and zip ties aren't the most precise mounting options.

That said, I did put it on my hardtail and it significantly quieted it down and works as intended. But my new bike isn't getting it.

|

9/27/2020 1:49 PM

Jon_Angieri wrote:

Skullsroad wrote:

Jon_Angieri wrote:

Google homemade hall-lock and watch the video Colin Tim Timmermans made

Hey hey! I'm here to help! Always got new ideas! 😎!!

|