GoPro has mini screens and battery packs coming soon

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2011 8:39 AM

I saw this over on engadget.com:

Photo

Photo

Photo

"Helmet cam user? Chances are you've suffered the extreme indignity of capturing footage of the sky or the ground but, sadly, nothing in between. They're hard to aim. GoPro is tackling that issue with the LCD BacPack, a clip-on LCD that attaches on the back interface port on 1080p HD Hero cameras, showing you not only what the camera is looking at but also battery life and even a speaker. Then there's the Battery BacPack, which is the same size but instead of a display makes room for a second battery and, thanks to its miniUSB port, doubles as an external battery charger. Neat! And, yes, there's a new back cover needed to fit over the new bulge."

More: http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/gopro-3d-hero-battery-and-lcd-bacpac-hands-on/

It's pretty cool to see these add ons coming down the line. Unfortunately I don't think either the LCD or extra battery pack will work with the cheaper 960 model.

|

1/13/2011 12:32 PM

SICKNESS! finally. wonder what $$$ will be.

|

1/13/2011 12:42 PM

Or you can get the GPS Contour which has bluetooth built-in. Then with the help of an iOS/Android app you can actually see what the camera sees, so you can check it yourself already mounted!

|

1/13/2011 12:47 PM

Primoz wrote:

Or you can get the GPS Contour which has bluetooth built-in. Then with the help of an iOS/Android app you can actually see ...more

...and not have the extra weight. Win.

|

1/13/2011 12:53 PM

oh man I see want one of those mini screens...

|

1/13/2011 3:52 PM

Sweet. I need this, and sadly I have a bunch of poorly aimed videos from Whistler to prove it.

|

1/13/2011 4:39 PM

joshp wrote:

Sweet. I need this, and sadly I have a bunch of poorly aimed videos from Whistler to prove it.

dont we all have some bad shots :/

|

1/13/2011 6:08 PM

guess i'm gonna wait to get my gopro...

|

1/13/2011 6:24 PM

Hey spomes. 70 bucks is the number they've been tossing around since they first hinted at making one.

|

1/13/2011 10:10 PM

kidwoo wrote:

Hey spomes. 70 bucks is the number they've been tossing around since they first hinted at making one.

did they tell you that because you were a busted up, broke back guy in a body cast? i wish you would have pushed wentz off the palisades.

oh, and thanks for the price info. that's cheaper than i thought it'd be.

|

1/13/2011 11:50 PM

these will sell like hotcakes

|

1/15/2011 2:00 PM

thats wierd, on adorama camera they were $50 now there 70
http://www.adorama.com/UWGPLCDBP.html

|