2018 Racing Rumors

Create New Tag

12/13/2017 5:49 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcotpVzhzI-/ Braytons new shuttle vehicle.

|

12/13/2017 6:58 AM

Intense abandoned the 29er?

Charlie Harrison Instagram photo

|

12/13/2017 11:06 AM

vinicius gabrielli wrote:

Intense abandoned the 29er?

Charlie Harrison Instagram photo

nope. not for jack and dean at least

|

12/13/2017 5:25 PM

vinicius gabrielli wrote:

Intense abandoned the 29er?

Charlie Harrison Instagram photo

sspomer wrote:

nope. not for jack and dean at least

Prototype M27?

|

2017 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR expert 29er
2015 Specialized Camber Comp Custom Build

12/13/2017 9:09 PM

Brock_Fisher wrote:

Makes sense. He's pulled the "Racing for trek factory enduro" out of his instagram profile added a black flag and has stopped tagging Trek as well. Maybe YT has an enduro team coming?




I'm thinking Orbea Enduro Team for LB. We'll know on January 1st.

|

12/14/2017 7:56 AM

|

12/14/2017 8:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2017 11:55 AM

"GT Factory Racing 1.0 represented what we all like most; racing at the highest level in the most beautiful locations around the globe with big smiles on our faces. The team built a relationship that will last a lifetime. And there are too many good stories to wrap up in a few words!

I truly wish Sambo, Anneke, Brook, Jackson, and Ely a hell of a ride in their next adventures. Thank you all for being part of our crew and for all of the good times. You guys know where to find the good beer and you know there will always be a cold one waiting for you!

Cheers,
Mark and the entire crew at GT Bicycles.—Mark Maurissen, GT Factory Racing Team Manager"

gordo here adding the break-up video



Thanks for the imbed gordo!!

|

Where the white women at?

12/14/2017 8:39 AM

My guess is fox as manitou and dvo would have would have the outline of an upside down fork right? Unless there's something new from them, or a shock from formula to go with their new fork.



|

12/14/2017 9:01 AM

sam_\hughes/ wrote:

My guess is fox as manitou and dvo would have would have the outline of an upside down fork right? Unless there's something new from them, or a shock from formula to go with their new fork.



Its DVO with the new Onyx DH fork. Also the bridge on that shock is different to a DHX2.

|

12/14/2017 9:03 AM

Whattheheel wrote:

"GT Factory Racing 1.0 represented what we all like most; racing at the highest level in the most beautiful locations around the globe with big smiles on our faces. The team built a relationship that will last a lifetime. And there are too many good stories to wrap up in a few words!

I truly wish Sambo, Anneke, Brook, Jackson, and Ely a hell of a ride in their next adventures. Thank you all for being part of our crew and for all of the good times. You guys know where to find the good beer and you know there will always be a cold one waiting for you!

Cheers,
Mark and the entire crew at GT Bicycles.—Mark Maurissen, GT Factory Racing Team Manager"

gordo here adding the break-up video



Thanks for the imbed gordo!!

Bit unfair to call this "GT Factory Racing 1.0" isn't it? I know the Athertons are technically "Atherton Racing" but didn't they go under the name of GT Factory Racing? Daft quibbles aside, interested to see where everyone goes; if Sambo even carries on racing, or just goes Rat-style, where Brook will land, surely he's an asset for any brand interested, and Anneke too, shes such a talented bike handler and just needs a bit of luck.

|

12/14/2017 9:07 AM

sam_\hughes/ wrote:

My guess is fox as manitou and dvo would have would have the outline of an upside down fork right? Unless there's something new from them, or a shock from formula to go with their new fork.



Dickscruttock wrote:

Its DVO with the new Onyx DH fork. Also the bridge on that shock is different to a DHX2.

Or could cane creek be releasing a dh fork

|

12/14/2017 9:33 AM

Anneke Beerten off GT Factory Racing.




|

12/14/2017 9:38 AM

pillete wrote:

Anneke Beerten off GT Factory Racing.




So are Sam and Brook!

|

12/14/2017 9:39 AM

It looks like not just Anneke, Sambo, Brook Jackson, and Ely are off the team.



|

12/14/2017 10:18 AM

Jesus. Thanks for making sure the GT news was well established in this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing what Brook can do on a solid bike again. Same with Jackson too.

|

12/14/2017 10:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2017 11:05 AM




Looks like Brook confirmed he is off GT.
|

12/14/2017 10:30 AM

BL69 wrote:

Jesus. Thanks for making sure the GT news was well established in this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing what Brook can do on a solid bike again. Same with Jackson too.

well said! it actually makes Gee and Rachel winning on those bikes more impressive.

|

12/14/2017 10:56 AM

Oh, so it seems Mike King, Mercedes Gonzales, Eric Carter, Steve Peat, Nicolas Vouilloz, Katja Repo, Nolvenn LeCaer and the rest were all GT Factory Racing B.C.???

|

12/14/2017 11:13 AM

Greenedog wrote:


Looks like Brook confirmed he is off GT.

I don't think we need to worry about athletes confirming they are off GT. The brand did all the necessary confirmation needed. Rachel Strait and Wyn will make quite the dynamic duo at the EWS...

|

12/14/2017 11:14 AM

I hear GT are culling their program. Announcement coming soon.

|

12/14/2017 11:20 AM

JCL wrote:

I hear GT are culling their program. Announcement coming soon.

Don't believe this, do you have any proof?

|

12/14/2017 11:25 AM

JCL wrote:

I hear GT are culling their program. Announcement coming soon.

ck85 wrote:

Don't believe this, do you have any proof?

If they were, wouldn't they announce everyone's departure all at once?

|

2017 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR expert 29er
2015 Specialized Camber Comp Custom Build

12/14/2017 11:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2017 11:56 AM

I'd bet that GT has a new enduro bike in the works, or ready now, and they will launch an enduro team with Wyn, Strait, and Maes as the headline riders. They step away from WC DH, but attempt to make a top enduro team

|

12/14/2017 11:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2017 12:01 PM

PeteB wrote:

I'd bet that GT has a new enduro bike in the works, or ready now, and they will launch an enduro team with Wyn, Strait, and Maes as the headline riders. They step away from WC DH, but attempt to make a top enduro team

I can assure you that they will have both a DH and Enduro team next season. Nothing really will change besides the faces that make up the team. (Wyn and Martin will stay)

|

12/14/2017 12:00 PM

Phil Atwill on PropainDirtZelvy for another year.

|

12/14/2017 12:01 PM



|

12/14/2017 12:13 PM

|

12/14/2017 1:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2017 1:57 PM

That-Norco-Dude wrote:

well said! it actually makes Gee and Rachel winning on those bikes more impressive.

But the bikes were never developed from that era. Whenever the riders spoke to them about changes wanted the reply was "thats a world cup winning bike". Also the team had huge issues with tyres and rim issue.

|

12/14/2017 2:07 PM



Theo Galy leave Devinci Global Racing
|

12/14/2017 2:21 PM

Interesting announcement from GT. For the most part of 2 decades they've always had marquee names as part of their racing teams. So I wonder who they've snagged for DH for the next couple of seasons?

Best of luck to Anneke, Sam, Jackson, and the Bulldog!

As for enjurow, the 27.5 Sanction was ahead of its time when it came out. It's very light (the frame was lighter than many of the carbon-ara long, low, slack frames out there) but still very capable on the downs. It was, unfortunately, ultimately let down by a faulty dogbone link.

|