Accessibility Widget: On | Off

should we, as mountain bikers, encourage global warming?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2009 7:45 PM

well, should we? if we encourage global warming, snow will cease to fall and "ski" resorts will have all these chairlifts going up dry mountains...see what i'm getting at?

|

12/11/2009 8:32 AM

Hell no, i see what your getting at but if the world keeps heating up who knows what would happen within 20 years.

|

12/11/2009 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2009 9:11 AM

It shouldn't take changing the way the planet functions to get ski hills to wake up to the fact that they should run bike parks in the summer. Then again....most of them are seemingly run by morons when it comes to anything but skiing.

|

12/11/2009 9:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:10 PM

as a joke, this is funny.
but in terms of real world repercussions...not so funny.
it is all gonna happen at this point, we are past the point of no return. Anything we do should, and will be, in the name of damage control.
back to bikes: we should still advocate and encourage mountains to start mtb programs. there are a lot of financial benefits to be had for the mountain and in turn, we will have more places to ride.

|

12/11/2009 10:22 AM

Just emptied a bunch of aerosol cans into the air. Woohoo year round Whistler ridin!

|

12/11/2009 10:58 AM

its not global warming its climate change!

|

Hans Keisler

12/11/2009 11:07 AM

World's gonna end in 2012 anyways.. dunno what you guys are all worried about.

|

12/11/2009 12:05 PM

el capitan wrote:

World's gonna end in 2012 anyways.. dunno what you guys are all worried about.

I have to say I'm pretty excited about that because I completely missed out on the Y2K festivities. Apparently I was sleeping and when the world ended that time. But I'll have a Red Bull ready in 2012.

|

Suck All You Want. I'll Make More.

12/11/2009 3:32 PM

Scientifically, your idea has flaws. Global warming is a general warming of the earth, with weather extremes being exhibited in the coldest parts of the world. The oceans will take the majority of the heat energy, as most of the worlds surface is water, and because of this the weather patterns will change dramatically. The ski areas will begin to get MORE snow and the desserts will get drier and dustier. That means whistler will stay open for boarding longer and our nice southern california trails will get more blown out and dustier.

So, in fact, it is better for both riding and the earth to keep our environmental impact to a minimum.

|

12/11/2009 6:10 PM

Fuck that. Snow is the shit. just shred pow in the winter and ride in the summer!

|

12/12/2009 4:42 AM

Well technically the global warming that is portrayed by the media doesnt actually exist. It was invented by Margaret Thatcher in the 80's as some sort of scaremongering tactic. It has been proven many times that C02 has absolutely "greenhouse effect". On the other hand, Climate change does exist. Climate change is the natural change of the earths climate.

As A-Rev said: "Shred pow in the winter and ride in the summer!"

|

12/12/2009 5:35 AM

@A-REV. You should try snowbiking! That's fun!

|

Titof

12/12/2009 10:09 AM

If we keep this up our mountains will melt!!!! Duuuh. silly

|

12/13/2009 6:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:18 AM

the kamikazee wrote:

Well technically the global warming that is portrayed by the media doesnt actually exist. It was invented by Margaret Thatcher ...more

Actually Margaret Thatcher invented Australian downhilling as a scaremonger tactic, not global warming.

It was Reagan who invented global warming when Alzheimers finally got a decent stranglehold on his mental faculties. However his version was pressing a big red button wired to an archaic military network that would warm the earth through nuclear fallout. Apparently it would talk to and taunt him (others couldn't hear it) and he was always slapping at it.

Well, it was either him or Patrick Swayze along with a group of mid-western High School football players running around the country in old Ford Bronco's fighting off the Soviet invasion that came up with the idea. There was a great documentary about all this called Red Dawn. However, Hollywood fucked the history up and left off Patrick's plot to cause global warming to slowly kill off the Russians as they couldn't afford a high enough SPF sunblock.

Just to lend credibility to all of this, I do have an Associates Degree in Phlebotomy from an online University.

BTW: I liked how you started your post Professor. Margaret Thatcher. Seriously? And I thought the US school system was in the dumps. At least you could have made up a name and threw a PhD after it, then maybe you'd fool 2 of the 5 people who actually read this stupid fucking Thread.

Cheers.

|

Suck All You Want. I'll Make More.

12/24/2009 11:57 AM

Yup, when you can ride Sol Vista in the morning, and the go to Grand Junction Del Mar in the afternoon, and there's no more Californians in the world, life will be perfect.

|