need advice...

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2010 8:51 PM

my first Super D this weekend... any advice?

|

3/8/2010 10:26 PM

send it, get the whole shot and no brakes!

|

3/8/2010 11:07 PM

Two pieces of advice: if it is a lemans style start then run fast, and when people start pushing make sure you are the one doing it.

|

3/9/2010 11:31 AM

If you don't taste blood when its over you didn't try hard enough. Never miss an opportunity to pass, and never settle behind someone if you can go faster.

|

MRP - Brand Manager
Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

3/9/2010 12:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:18 AM

In my experience, it's all about the start. You don't want to be behind anyone, because passing is difficult on most courses. So . . . sprint like the wind! The first person to the singletrack usually has the biggest advantage.

Also, practice the cyclocross mount before you get there. Seriously. Grab your bike, run with it to get up to speed, jump on and start pedaling in one smooth motion.

*This is all assuming it's a Lemond style start.

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

3/9/2010 2:44 PM

If your on a bike without a chain guide make sure your alway in the third ring on the front when you're descending so your chain doesn't fall off while you're on a roll

|

3/9/2010 3:44 PM

Sharp elbows for making passes

Make your passes stick if you get stuck in the back and have to work your way to the front.

When practicing, find spots to pass, in a Le Mans, the run is one of the most important parts, you can get out front and slow everyone down to recover and then put the smack down when you are recovered.

|

3/11/2010 7:05 PM

Just remember Super D races are won with the pedaling. And I know it's short notice, but if you can get a gravity dropper you'll love it. Good luck!

|

3/12/2010 9:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2010 9:48 PM

Just relax and have fun. You will probably do better if you keep that in mind. Have fun. And yes, a dropper post will help.

|