Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Red Bull Rampage 2019 - Bikes and Builds

Create New Tag

10/10/2019 9:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2019 11:49 AM

Red Bull Rampage is on the horizon with freeriders, friends and freaks heading to the desert to huck cliffs on their mountain bikes. Bike builds and course builds are starting to show up. It's the 2nd year at the zone, and the consensus is that because lines are etched in, that we should see more tricks and more polish as the days of digging can be focused on refinement.

Watch the 2019 Red Bull Rampage Event right here

Photo

Carson Storch's Rocky Mountain Maiden for Rampage

Jaxson Riddle in the zone
View this post on Instagram

Favorite time of year

A post shared by Young Giraffe🦒 (@jaxsonriddle) on

See more Red Bull Rampage content

Kade Edwards ready to *bake* in the desert sun

This place rules!!🇺🇸😍 📽: @jaxsonriddle #rideordie #braap #gupordie #skrt #merica

A post shared by Kade Edwards🤙🏻🇬🇧 (@kade_2000) on

|

10/11/2019 12:51 PM

Vincent Tupin's Scott Gambler getting built

|

10/12/2019 11:46 AM

Reece Wallace's bike looks ready to get airborne, complete with attitude indicator and all:

|

10/13/2019 1:34 PM

Vinny T's Gambler getting dirty:

|

10/13/2019 2:22 PM

That will stand out well against the landscape. My first real MTB was a raw alloy GT. Like and Like.

|

10/14/2019 9:21 AM

T-Mac painted his own bike this year, how rad is that??!!

|

10/15/2019 7:48 AM

Get stoked and start your predictions! Same venue with some new talent in the pool...
|

Stay prepared for fun with Vital Gear Club

10/17/2019 4:11 AM

|

10/19/2019 8:05 AM

Andreu's custom YT looking so fresh:

Here is my 2019 @redbullrampage @yt_industries custom bike. @hectorcash

A post shared by Andreu Lacondeguy (@andreulacondeguy) on

|

10/20/2019 6:38 AM

Looks like Brett Rheeder has plans to add some zest to his winning line from last year - we can't wait to see it all come together!

|

10/20/2019 6:40 AM

Thomas Genon's Canyon Sender ready to get sendy:

💎

A post shared by 💥Thomas Genon⚓️ (@thomasgenon) on

|

10/20/2019 6:42 AM

Bike check with Aggy!

|

10/20/2019 6:44 AM

The second slide has a cool time lapse of one of Emil Johansson's new kickers taking shape:

|

10/20/2019 11:38 AM

Are we gonna talk about Brendog's canyon gap? His "The Rock" feature gets a lot of hype, but this canyon cap is pure nastiness, with a technical run-in and no room for mistakes. Brendan and dig crew are giving it a facelift this year, adding a lot of lip to both sides...is Brendan thinking of tricking this thing?

The canyon gets a face lift. #redbullrampage | 🚁📸 @jreynoldsfilms & @wolisphoto | #mtb #bike #utah

A post shared by Brendan Fairclough (@brendog1) on

Slide 2 gives a good perspective here:

Perspectives .. Day 4 #redbullrampage2019

A post shared by Justin Olsen (@justinolsen) on

|

10/20/2019 4:38 PM

Kade... if he can pull off some big stuff, I think he is going to take the win. His style is just berserk/amazing.

|

10/20/2019 5:04 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

Are we gonna talk about Brendog's canyon gap? His "The Rock" feature gets a lot of hype, but this canyon cap is pure nastiness, with a technical run-in and no room for mistakes. Brendan and dig crew are giving it a facelift this year, adding a lot of lip to both sides...is Brendan thinking of tricking this thing?

The canyon gets a face lift. #redbullrampage | 🚁📸 @jreynoldsfilms & @wolisphoto | #mtb #bike #utah

IT is crazy, his section.

|

10/20/2019 7:33 PM

It’s gonna be a sad day at least at the beginning of the day because there will be much talk of Jordie Lunn this was his playground & freeride was his passion.

My own wonder is this, was YT already in the process of building a custom bike for Jordie & if yes will there be raffle of that bike to help his family.

|

10/20/2019 10:20 PM

Pedal4life wrote:

It’s gonna be a sad day at least at the beginning of the day because there will be much talk of Jordie Lunn this was his playground & freeride was his passion.

My own wonder is this, was YT already in the process of building a custom bike for Jordie & if yes will there be raffle of that bike to help his family.

How come his family ends up paying his medicals? Didn't he have a proper insurance? I think thats kind of strange for a rider with big sponsors in a dangerous sport.

|

10/21/2019 2:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2019 2:13 AM

blast_off wrote:

Kade... if he can pull off some big stuff, I think he is going to take the win. His style is just berserk/amazing.

He'd have to be actually in it to win it... wink

|

10/21/2019 5:23 AM

Updates from Reed Boggs:

rampage week 1 update 🎬 @chaddy_witcz

A post shared by REED BOGGS (@reedboggs) on

|

10/21/2019 6:01 AM

Pedal4life wrote:

Jens_Boström wrote:

How come his family ends up paying his medicals? Didn't he have a proper insurance? I think thats kind of strange for a rider with big sponsors in a dangerous sport.

Unfortunately under most insurance programs you get less money for death than you do for a serious injury (e.g. paralysis, limb loss) as for a serious injury you have to 'live with the consequences'.

|

10/21/2019 12:24 PM

Rheeder's Rampage ride is straight sick:

|

10/21/2019 1:25 PM

As far as insurance goes depending on what you’ve got it may or may not cover everything in the way of medical but 1 article I read after the accident said getting the body back to BC was gonna be hella expensive let alone ER bills in Mexico

|

10/21/2019 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2019 6:07 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

He was practicing flat spin three's at Matt Joneses compound just before he left for the states.

|

10/21/2019 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2019 8:01 PM

Most life insurances are enough to payoff funeral costs and a few bills. Probably less than he was going to make in salary this year. Hopefully his sponsors pay out till end of contract.

|

10/21/2019 11:33 PM

|

10/22/2019 10:25 AM

|

10/22/2019 11:48 PM

The send is on!

53’ air by @camzink today at RAMPAGE for practise. Greased it!! @yt_industries Tues @fiveten_official

A post shared by Brett Tippie (official) (@bretttippie) on

|

10/23/2019 2:44 PM

Brendog's bike, ready to blast:

Here she is, #redbullrampage ready! 💯🔥 | 📸 @iancollinsphotography | #bike #mtb #therock #utah #gnar

|

10/23/2019 2:45 PM

|
aba