Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Fox DPX2 coil, is there a space for it?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2020 12:00 PM

So I've been absolutely loving my Marzocchi CR shock this season as I'm a full coil convert now. However the CR lacks a bit on long days with no firm up and i've looked at the X2 but it pretty ride muting on some bikes. Would a DPX2 coil fit in the fox line up? A high end trail coil for bikes smaller than the X2 was designed for?

|

11/13/2020 12:33 PM

I think so. Seems like the trend lately has been to move back to less travel then a full on "enduro" bike but still ride it as hard as you can.

As long as it holds up better then a DPX2, that thing could never support my stout physique.

|

11/13/2020 12:34 PM

I'm inclined to say that probably not.

I'm not saying that it would feel crappy, quite the opposite. I just think that there isn't enough of a market for a "DPX2 coil." The majority of riders at that point would go for an air shock for the a) weight savings, b) adjustability on the fly and c) the ability to lock-out suspension for climbing.

That's my $0.02.

|

11/17/2020 9:55 AM

mwolpin wrote:

I'm inclined to say that probably not.

I'm not saying that it would feel crappy, quite the opposite. I just think that there isn't enough of a market for a "DPX2 coil." The majority of riders at that point would go for an air shock for the a) weight savings, b) adjustability on the fly and c) the ability to lock-out suspension for climbing.

That's my $0.02.

There's nothing stopping you from putting a lockout on a coil, as that is done through a damper. I feel you could put a lockout on the Fox VAN/ Marzocchi CR (they are identical) to create more of a budget trail coil shock.

|

11/17/2020 9:56 AM

On another note, I would love to see the full 4-way x2 damper with a small air can like the one on the dps/dpx2, to help get poppy trail bikes quite dialed.

|

11/18/2020 3:12 AM

littleweasel269 wrote:

On another note, I would love to see the full 4-way x2 damper with a small air can like the one on the dps/dpx2, to help get poppy trail bikes quite dialed.

Cram it full of spacers lol

|

i, too, enjoy eating dirt