What's up with Ridemonkey forums

6/21/2019 4:08am
Posting here cos a lot of videos from vital were re shared on RM.

So for me RM is down for like the past 2+ weeks. Opening it gives error 403, and trying all the fixes online on my end did nothing, I tried on several devices and I chatted with other people who can't open it. Is the forum dead or is this a block for europe or something? Anyone know what the craic is with it?
I sent an email to bikemag but never got a reply.

It's a huge shame since there's a lot of in depth tech talk on it which is super useful if you work on your own stuff, run old parts and a tight budget.
|
6/21/2019 6:16am
Posting here cos a lot of videos from vital were re shared on RM. So for me RM is down for like the past 2+ weeks...

So for me RM is down for like the past 2+ weeks. Opening it gives error 403, and trying all the fixes online on my end did nothing, I tried on several devices and I chatted with other people who can't open it. Is the forum dead or is this a block for europe or something? Anyone know what the craic is with it?

It's a huge shame since there's a lot of in depth tech talk on it which is super useful if you work on your own stuff, run old parts and a tight budget.
wait wait wait wait. people still use ride monkey?
6/21/2019 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2019 12:07pm
Thanks for checking man. The only other guy I know to using it is in eu too and we both have the issue.

I used firefox and a proxy to change my location to the USA and I can open it. Odd as hell, maybe it's a half assed block cos of them data protection laws here.
toodles
6/21/2019 1:03pm
They've been having some tech difficulties with European IPs. I thought they'd sorted it though, but i guess not.
jimmypop
6/22/2019 5:24am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2019 5:24am
Posting here cos a lot of videos from vital were re shared on RM. So for me RM is down for like the past 2+ weeks...

wait wait wait wait. people still use ride monkey?
cool burn bro

any other hot takes from 2010 in your back pocket?
troy
6/22/2019 7:04am
They do not know how to deal with the GDPRP, so they have blocked the website for all European Union countries...
6/25/2019 1:54am
troy wrote:
They do not know how to deal with the GDPRP, so they have blocked the website for all European Union countries...
Well, that's a bit drastic it seems. Any of you guys have a workaround for europeans?
6/25/2019 2:09am
Mo(n)arch wrote:
Well, that's a bit drastic it seems. Any of you guys have a workaround for europeans?
1.installing VPN or proxy extension for your browser - hola or uVPN for chrome or FireX proxy for firefox works. set to USA IP or a non EU country. if you are worried about security get a good paid vpn like Nord

2.Start a campaign to get your country to leave the EU(this might take a while)

6/25/2019 2:47am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2019 2:47am
Mo(n)arch wrote:
1.installing VPN or proxy extension for your browser - hola or uVPN for chrome or FireX proxy for firefox works. set to USA IP or a...
1.installing VPN or proxy extension for your browser - hola or uVPN for chrome or FireX proxy for firefox works. set to USA IP or a non EU country. if you are worried about security get a good paid vpn like Nord

2.Start a campaign to get your country to leave the EU(this might take a while)

Hehe, that way I'd be an important politician in Italy (near Austria, therefore German speaking) fast. We can't afford it though and I am actually pro EU, so very out of fashion at the moment.

Thanks for the help!

Post a reply to: What's up with Ridemonkey forums

The Latest

The Latest