Accessibility Widget: On | Off

SRAM Contact anyone?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2021 10:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2021 11:50 PM

Hi there,

My local sram distributor (also a shop) says I cannot buy a 50hr rockshox shock or fork service kit unless if it’s for them to use to service the suspension. Sounds like a load of baloney. It essentially prevents me from buying parts to do a basic service my own suspension as SRAM stuff can’t be bought online from overseas (as far as I can see). Trying to get hold of someone in NA to see if they can tell me if this is legal/normal practice with their international distributors.

TIA

|

3/18/2021 10:04 PM

What exactly are you trying to service? I believe the warranty is voided if someone not certified performs/attempts damper work but lower service/ aircan service does not require certification

|

Snoopin around lookin for the best trails and sketchiest lines

3/18/2021 10:05 PM

Yeah just the 50hr lowers and air can services.

|

3/18/2021 10:06 PM

It makes it impossible to do a self 50hr service if they are the distributor and won’t sell the kit to me and I can’t order from overseas.

|

3/18/2021 10:18 PM

Randomscruff wrote:

Hi there,

My local sram distributor (also a shop) says I cannot buy a 50hr rockshox shock or fork service kit unless if it’s ...more

Are you in NZ?
Shockcraft bro! They'll sell you the parts you are after.
https://www.shockcraft.co.nz/

|

3/18/2021 10:29 PM

Nah mate. Hong Kong at the moment.

|

3/18/2021 10:30 PM

Randomscruff wrote:

Hi there,

My local sram distributor (also a shop) says I cannot buy a 50hr rockshox shock or fork service kit unless if it’s ...more

JamesR_2026 wrote:

Are you in NZ?
Shockcraft bro! They'll sell you the parts you are after.
https://www.shockcraft.co.nz/

And that is why this community Kills it. Less than 20 Minutes. Good on you James

|

3/19/2021 12:56 AM

Go to another bike shop. They will likely be able to order the parts from the first shop, and then sell them to you for RRP.

Dealer sounds like scam artists

|

i, too, enjoy eating dirt

3/19/2021 1:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2021 1:41 AM

spoon_ wrote:

Go to another bike shop. They will likely be able to order the parts from the first shop, and then sell them to you for RRP.

...more

Yeah, tell me about. They are the Hong Kong distributor too and that’s why I’d like a SRAM contact who can help me sort this nonsense out. Contact channel on their website doesn’t seem very helpful, or I’m too stupid. Probably the later.

|

3/19/2021 3:52 AM

I'd also be interested if someone knows a contact email address for SRAM, I've got some questions for them regarding the availability of torque caps...

|

3/19/2021 5:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2021 5:24 AM

spoon_ wrote:

...more

Randomscruff wrote:

Yeah, tell me about. They are the Hong Kong distributor too and that’s why I’d like a SRAM contact who can help me sort this ...more

if the going to a different shop thing doesn't work, could you get any friends/family overseas to ship you some?

|

i, too, enjoy eating dirt

3/19/2021 8:30 AM

Darth_Sloth wrote:

I'd also be interested if someone knows a contact email address for SRAM, I've got some questions for them regarding the ...more

I have got a few spare torque caps laying around. if you send me a shipping label I will send you one! I am just north of SF.

|

3/21/2021 8:38 AM

Sram is hard to contact. I had a guy drop a monarch shim stack in our shop when someone bumped into him from behind a couple years ago and tried to contact them to confirm the proper order and make sure they were all there for the bikes tune, couldn't get any information for two weeks of trying. I remember when they used to have the shim order in the manuals.

|

3/21/2021 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2021 12:47 PM

Randomscruff:

Here's the two phone numbers I use:

312-664-8800
800-346-2928

|