Accessibility Widget: On | Off

History Lesson: Jared Graves '03

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2011 6:50 PM

Jared Graves 2005 from Todd Palmer on Vimeo.

There was a time when Jared Graves rode downhill. And not in the year 2012. Back in the time before Yeti, he rode for that Iron Horse/Mad Catz team (also stacked with Rennie, Hill, and Atkinson- Aussie shred fest).

One thing hasn't changed and that's how level Graves keeps his head in the corners. You could put a cup of water on top of his noggin and he wouldn't spill a drop down a whole course.
|

3/17/2011 8:27 AM

so true about keeping his head straight in corners! good find.

|

3/17/2011 8:38 AM

Very cool. Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna work on that!

|

MRP - VP of Business Dev.

3/17/2011 9:09 AM

Good point.

First I remember was him racing at Telluride in 02 and then a huge crash at kaprun worlds on an orange with dorado if my memory serves me correctly.

|

3/17/2011 9:19 AM

Graves was a bad a$$ downhiller, still is of course. I tried pretty hard to get him on GT in 04', but we couldn't make it work. He has a very similar DH style to EC in this video.

|

3/17/2011 10:40 AM

Sick video. I always forget how many big timers came out of that Mad Catz team.

|

3/17/2011 11:22 AM

Graves has so much flow and style... smooth!

|

3/17/2011 9:26 PM

This is a true downhill video. Fast track, without all that slowmo images and a heavy song.

To make a downhill movie is soo easy and simple....but these filmakers nowadays needs 2 years to make a movie. Lots of slowmo scenes , complicated angles and gay songs.

|

3/17/2011 10:11 PM

luiz carlos wrote:

This is a true downhill video. Fast track, without all that slowmo images and a heavy song.

To make a downhill movie is soo easy and simple....but these filmakers nowadays needs 2 years to make a movie. Lots of slowmo scenes , complicated angles and gay songs.

You have to be kidding me?!?! you wanna use this grainy simple angled clip as some sort of standard against the incredible film making coming out of the last two or 3 years? Show appreciation or say nothing. Why do you have to hate? And are you still in 6th grade or do you always use the word "gay" as though you are?

|

3/18/2011 10:10 AM

luiz carlos wrote:

Are you stupid, trolling or simply 11 years old? I can't figure it out...

|

3/18/2011 2:03 PM

luiz carlos wrote:

Christoph wrote:

Are you stupid, trolling or simply 11 years old? I can't figure it out...

No, I'm 6. But I watched Chainsmoke in 97, Real Sick, between others.

See the old movies then you talk to me.

kisses

|

3/18/2011 8:06 PM

Luiz Carlos, you're not taking crazy pills; I know where you're coming from.

Every single Earthed or Sprung beats the pants off of any race or freeride movie made since 2007, no question.

|