Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Best aggressive all mountain frame

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2014 4:37 AM

Hi guys, sorry if there is a thread about this subject already (if so a link would be great) but I am looking for a new 27.5 all mountain (enduro) frame with a slack head angle around 65 degrees and a light weight that is easy to chuck about and have fun with but I also race gravity enduro so it must be able to handle the uphills as well as downhill. I am looking for just the frame and my budget would be £3000 but they are all under that anyway from what I can see ideally the cheaper the better. My current choices are the:

2015 Santa Cruz Nomad
2015 Specialized S-Works enduro
Yeti SB66

And thats about it, any other suggestions would be great or experience riding these bikes would be good to hear also.

|

10/17/2014 6:07 AM

vote for spez enduro...

|

10/17/2014 9:01 AM

put the norco range on that list too, it's carbon, they say all thing's good from them and it's cheaper than that option's

from those 3 go for yeti, they are awesome and you won't be just another one with the same frame

|

10/17/2014 9:49 AM

tmano2 wrote:

put the norco range on that list too, it's carbon, they say all thing's good from them and it's cheaper than that option's

...more

Wow that norco looks amazing, ill look into that bike thanks!

|

10/17/2014 10:10 AM

Wee, the Vital Product Guide contains reviews of dozens of aggressive AM bikes. Take a look here for some more options: http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/category/Bikes,3/riding_type/all_mountain?scope=by_vital_rating

|

10/17/2014 10:12 AM

bturman wrote:

Wee, the Vital Product Guide contains reviews of dozens of aggressive AM bikes. Take a look here for some more options: ...more

Thats great thanks!

|

10/17/2014 10:47 AM

If you want a really aggressive AM bike, the Commencal Meta SX is
just amazing, it's truly a mini-DH bike.
Here's a couple vids of it:

It's a 26", maybe you won't like that, I don't know
|

10/17/2014 11:42 AM

fabdemaere wrote:

If you want a really aggressive AM bike, the Commencal Meta SX is
just amazing, it's truly a mini-DH bike.
Here's a couple ...more

Thats a nice bike, i already have a reign x which sits in that category but yeah 27.5 is what im looking for.

|

10/18/2014 10:30 AM

Santa Cruz but not the Nomad, for the UK i think Bronson would be a better choice possibly with an angled headset if it's the downs that matter the most

|

10/19/2014 4:37 AM

i love my nomad so stable at speed feels like a mini downhill bike and good traction for pedaling!

|

10/19/2014 5:53 AM

Mike Kay wrote:

Santa Cruz but not the Nomad, for the UK i think Bronson would be a better choice possibly with an angled headset if it's the ...more

I rode the Bronson a few months back and it was amazing! I live around plymouth and south wales and do alot of dh as well so the nomads numbers look like they would suit me better for the type of riding i would do but im going to my lbs to check out a bronson again tomorrow and ask them about it. Thanks for the replies!

|

10/19/2014 5:54 AM

Max_Dondelinger wrote:

i love my nomad so stable at speed feels like a mini downhill bike and good traction for pedaling!

Thats exactly the sort of bike i want to get.

|

11/11/2014 11:42 AM

There's lots of good ones right now. Good time for this category. The Bronson is nice as is the Enduro. I own a Range and with a piggyback shock and a Pike it's capable of anything. There's also the Kona Process 153. YT and others if you live abroad....

|

11/11/2014 12:42 PM

Out of those three Yeti for sure but might want to consider the Banshee Rune. Definitely a lower price and heavier (no Carbon Frame) but 160mm travel and adjustable geometry (65-66 Degree HTA). Worth a look

|