The Cons of Being Pro

Smutok
Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 9:14pm
Take a second to read through this educational article by Ryan Leech; he has very interestingly shed light on the cons of being Pro. It might change the way you romanticize about your favorite pro riders.

The Cons of Being Pro: The Inner Worlds of Professional Athletes - Ryan Leech
|
mickey
5/16/2012 1:58pm
Thanks for sharing this Dave, it's wikkid fuckin good.
bhalpin47
11/29/2012 9:06am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2016 10:22am
That was a really awesome article... after I read it I was watching a video from Crankworx(I think it was 2012), there was interview with Cam Zink where he mentions the first time that he ever tried a front flip(In his finals run at Crankworx 2011). It was exactly the type of moment Leech brings up in his article about synchronization and connection between audience and rider that allows them to achieve things beyond anyone's expectations. Although this time it had a positive outcome, it really made me think about what he would have felt if he hadn't pulled off that front flip on the cabin drop. The entirely new perspective is very eye opening and it definitely makes me appreciate all of the pro's in a whole new way.

Either way I don't think I'll ever be able to break the habit of thinking things like, "Gee recovered from a broken tibia and was racing world cups again in just a month!", every time I try something new with high risk.

Post a reply to: The Cons of Being Pro

The Latest