If you haven't heard by now, the first-ever X-Fusion Sideflight Championships event was canceled due to incredibly high winds. As a result, the event results were based off of Friday's practice session. In first place was Sean "Griz" McClendon followed by Tyler McCaul in 2nd and Brendan Fairclough rounding out the top 3.
Sure it was a bummer that the event couldn't be completed, but overall, it was a great weekend in the mountains east of San Diego. Spending a few days with Thomas Vanderham, Brendan Fairclough and Clay Porter is a recipe for good times and great riding action, so I've put together some photos and an "outtakes" video from the weekend that you can cruise through below.Top 5 SideFlight Championships Weekend Highlights
1. The quality of Griz's trails and contest jumps. They were all perfect and not small.
2. Watching Vanderham, Fairclough and Griz get nasty on the above-mentioned jumps. It was like a United Nations Moto-Whip Summit for mountain bikes.
3. Manana's Mexican restaurant in Alpine. Go there.
4. Hip hop discussions during the drive to and from the venue.
5. After party evening with Hart, T-Mac and Clay re-living the good old days. Jenga, son. Jenga.Outtakes Video with some insane blasting (sorry haters, no slow-mo)
Fairclough just can't wait to spray about the fact that this is December to all his friends back home in rainy-ass England.Hella NorCal's finest. Cob, A.T. and Ryan Howard arrived right as the sun went down.VanderHam from VanCouver doing a VanderWhip near VanDiego.Clay Porter doesn't mess around. It takes a big crew to get the shots. Left to right: Best Boy, Key Grip, Director of Photography, Gaffer, First AC, Assistant to Mr. Fairclough and Driver for Mr. Vanderham.This is Griz. No need to be funny in the caption.Fairclough after his amputation.
The end. Thanks to Griz, X-Fusion and everyone else for a killer weekend. Good times, good times. Apparently there is going to be another attempt in the very near future."Practice" Video which is actually "Finals" Video