It's here, the Commencal Supreme DH V5. Bred on the race track, born to win.
The SUPREME DH V5 is the result of three years of R&D work. Three years of close collaboration between our engineers and riders. No compromises.
ALWAYS REINVENTING OURSELVES…
We have designed our frame around the HVCS (High Virtual Contact System). This is a 6-bar system with a high pivot point. It’s currently the most efficient when it comes to the divergent parameters of shock absorption and dynamism.
…WITHOUT FORGETTING OUR PRINCIPLES
This frame is made of aluminum. This material can be recycled and recovered and is also an ideal material for best performance. Our frames are constantly evolving, and aluminum allows us to optimize our kinematics and geometry as often as we like.
VERSATILITY - SYNONYMOUS WITH PERFORMANCE
Amaury. He is also someone behind all this work. The objective is clear, to be the best through every sector of every World Cup track. To achieve this, we have designed a bike with kinematics and geometry that can change according to the track.
An adjustment at the shock mount allows the rider to change the height of the bottom bracket as well as the degree of the head angle. There are four positions to choose from:
- High: high bottom bracket and steeper head angle, ideal for slower and flatter tracks.
- Low: lower bottom bracket and a slacker head angle, for fast and steep tracks.
- Front: linear and therefore dynamic with good comfort through the travel.
- Rear: progressive for increased grip and filtration of impacts.
You can adjust the flex of the bike via an interchangeable bridge. There are two bridge options:
- Thin: improves filtration of impacts on the angle, easy turn initiation.
- Thick: improves precision and dynamism.
CHAIN STAY LENGTH ADJUSTMENT
The length of the chain stay can be adjusted via a flip chip on the frame dropouts (+/- 6mm) to vary the front/rear balance of the frame. Three different settings:
- Long: more grip when cornering, more weight on the front, ideal for less sloping fast tracks.
- Medium: compromise between long and short chain stays, for very varied tracks.
- Short: livelier, less weight on the front, best for slow and steep tracks.
RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
Performance does not always go together with reliability. Yet no compromises were allowed here either. Simulations, machine tests and field tests were multiplied during the entire design phase. The SUPREME DH V5 uses a system of expanders on the through axles to prevent loosening during a run. These are coupled with oversized bearings to avoid rattling and to guarantee long life. The result is clear: no broken frames during the entire 2022 season.
THE DETAILS THAT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
Protectors have been designed to limit impacts, noise, and splashes at strategic points on the frame. Chain stay, seat stay, downtube, jockey wheel and the HVCS system are all perfectly protected.
9 WORLD CUP WINS // 28 WORLD CUP PODIUMS // AN ALREADY IMPRESSIVE TRACK RECORD
WORLD CUP DH 2022
- Women’s Elite World Cup Winner – Camille Balanche
- Men’s Elite World Cup Winner – Amaury Pierron
- 2022 Team World Cup Champions – COMMENCAL / Muc-Off
For more information, head on over to commencal.com.
View key specs, compare bikes, and rate the new Commencal Supreme DH in the Vital MTB Product Guide.
View replies to: Commencal Supreme DH V5 Goes Into Production