The bikes we ride are changing fast and a lot of that speed is coming from the impressive advances in E-bike technology. Riders are pushing to new places and making the most of riding from their doorstep. With this a new generation of E-bike is appearing, they’re lighter and have longer travel, making their leverage ratios and suspension curves push beyond the boundaries of recent damper designs.
At EXT we have a simple goal: Make the best suspensions to improve performance and reliability while ensuring a safer riding on any bike. This isn’t without challenges, E-bikes generate more suspension stress but most run the same shock sizing as their analog counterparts.
But EXT has decades of experience building the world’s most compact high performance dampers, some of which were used in Formula One and WRC. If anyone can maximize damper performance in challenging environments, it’s us. That’s why we developed the e-Storia. An industry “first” an ultra-high performance suspension specifically designed for aggressive E-bike riding and super comfort level for professional riders and all enthusiasts.
The e-Storia features much of the same technology of the Storia V3 but in a more robust package built specifically for the stresses involved with the higher vehicle weight of E -bikes and tailored to provide ultimate control for all riders from the enthusiast to those at the elite level of E-bike enduro riding.
While the Storia V3 is built for best-in-class weight and performance the e-Storia is designed with an emphasis on toughness to drastically improve reliability over dampers without dedicated E-bike construction.
The stronger shock design can help increase the lifespan of bike chassis components as well, and increase range of tune-ability accommodating a wider range of bike and rider types.
Improved grip and sensitivity on all types of terrain and a beautiful plush feel form the basis of any Storia shock. On top of these feature we have redeveloped specific areas in line with the demands of EMTB:
- Integrated reservoir head design to increase eyelet/trunnion mount fitment
- Stronger body construction
- Chromoly shaft with low friction coating
- Reservoir with large volume bladder design
- Dedicated spring platform for stiffer spring
- Negative spring to avoid harsh top-out and improve bike platform stability
- Lok 2.0
- New rebound adjustment to increase tuning range
- New compression valve to increase adjustability range and provide a smoother riding
- Low hysteresis to improve dynamic response
- Completely independent bump/rebound adjustment
- New check valve with low inertia to control damping even at really high frequency
- New externally adjustable HBC and more efficient design to increase bottom out protection
- New seals design to reduce friction
- New main piston design with high flow to improve sensitivity and tunability
- All valves with turbulent flow to assure consistent damping with different temperature and under extreme use/conditions
- A new high viscosity index oil for longer consistent riding in all different situations and seasons
- Springs available up to 800lb
- Price: 879€ +VAT -MSRP
- Delivery from July 2nd
- Weight: 460g (Metric 210/55 without spring)
- Metric/Trunnion:185, 205, 210, 230 / 50-65mm stroke options in 2.5 mm increments
Spherical bearings hardware available on demand depending on fitment space.
View key specs, compare products, and rate the EXT e-Storia in the Vital MTB Product Guide.