Valmont Bike Park progress

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2011 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2011 11:38 AM

Valmont Bike Park in Boulder, Colorado is looking PRIMO.

IT IS NOT OPEN, YOU CAN'T RIDE YET. projected opening is June 2011.

click to embiggen the photomograf - as seen here on mtbr

|

3/25/2011 11:36 AM

oh shit! yeah!!

|

3/25/2011 12:17 PM

Wow! I can't believe that's a public park.... those jumps and lines look awesome!!!

I guess this is the trickle-down effect of year after year of slopestyle comps getting bigger and better stunts. So cool that a municipality would approve of such a progressive-looking park.

|

The MTB paradigm:

ride (build+maintain) = a sh!tload of fun.

"Too weird to live... too rare to die" (H. Thompson)

3/25/2011 1:38 PM

The park is huge, the picture shows just a taste. What is not shown is the singletracks, cyclocross stuff, two pumptracks, dirt jumps, wallrides... Its an amazing park, I cant wait for it to open!

|

3/25/2011 1:58 PM

Maybe it's the perspective of the panorama, but those looks like some seriously man-size stunts for a public park! Extremely jealous!

|

3/25/2011 10:44 PM

watttt!! sick
jealous much

|

3/26/2011 7:50 AM

scriz - there are some seriously big lines at the park! But then right next to those are mini dirt jumps and rollers that kids on strider bikes could hit... bring the whole family!

|

3/26/2011 4:42 PM

Way of the future here folks. How many towns had skate parks 10 years ago. I think the gravity, urban, park, DJ side of mountain biking is entering it's golden age.

|

3/26/2011 8:26 PM

to the left of the photo is the "pump park" area. the idea seems so rad. i haven't seen it in a while, but think of a large area full of moguls, bumps, rollers and features that will work like a pumptrack w/o any specific lines...make 'em up as you go. gonna be rad and like others have mentioned, the XC stuff looks really fun too!

|