Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Shock Thrust Bearing

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2015 6:22 PM

Does anyone know what the dimension of this bearing is here on Steve's bike?

It's an older photo, but I am having trouble finding the number's i.e. what size to fit on a DHX RC4.

Any info is helpful, thanks.
|

7/13/2015 9:53 PM

You can get them from ti-springs.com or build your own through McMaster Carr - http://www.mcmaster.com/#5909k39/=y1kp3e

|

7/14/2015 2:28 PM

Cheers - after some reading, I figured out how to size the stuff I need from McMaster.

|

7/14/2015 10:46 PM

sideshow wrote:

Cheers - after some reading, I figured out how to size the stuff I need from McMaster.

That's awesome. What size did you end up going with for the DHX?

|

7/17/2015 9:05 AM

Ya just gotta love McMaster.

|

7/17/2015 9:18 AM

I haven't ordered anything just yet (wasn't going to be here in time for the Windham test event, so figured I'd save some money for now). Went with this size/spacing so I could run the bearings on both ends of the shock, and I had to account for the shock body v. the shaft. I think I could have done one of the bearings in the size below, as well as on in a 15mm ID/ 28mm OD for just the bottom. But, this should still work. Similarly, look at Steve Smith's bike this year, and that's what they've done with the K9 kit (where the hell do you even buy those these days?!). Hoping this works, if not, I can just send the stuff back and try again.

Photo

|

2/21/2017 2:54 PM

..how did it work out? I'm a HUGE fan of the concept behind shock thrust bearings allowing coil shocks to be in a more fixed position.

Peace

|