Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Ordering a Frame from Chain Reaction Cycles

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2015 2:16 PM

I am considering ordering a frame (2015 vitus escarpe) from Chain Reaction Cycles and was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with this? I have read about people ordering parts but no frames. Sounds like Customs is a hit or miss on parts and also a little worriued about a frame making it here with out getting beat up in the process. There may be an old thead on this but i could not find it. Any help you all can provide is greatly appreciated.

|

1/19/2015 2:31 PM

Can't say anything about customs since I'm from the Netherlands but ordered 2 frames from crc, 1 premium price and 1 mega bargain, both came perfectly wrapped in padded foam stuff and arrived without any damage.

Though my country isn't quite USA distance to crc, packaging seems adequate for the job.

|

1/19/2015 2:50 PM

I bought a Nukeproof Scalp frame through them a few years back. Smokin deal on the frame. Free quick shipping. But the frame did come with an ovalized bottom ISGC tab. Looks like the frame may have been dropped. Luckily I was able to run a tap through it and it was fine. They gave me an $80 credit on the purchase, which pretty much wiped out the customs tax.

|

1/20/2015 7:35 AM

I didn't order the frame but I ordered a set of wheels. The box showed up a little battered and bruised but nothing enough to damage the contents. I got hit with a $40 customs charge on them though. The brakes I ordered through CRC never even showed up. That or someone stole them off my porch. More trouble than I thought it was worth but seems like many have had much better experiences than I have had. Best of luck!

|

1/20/2015 8:45 AM

I've had great luck with Chain Reaction. Quick shipping. Good prices. The new Escarpe frame you're considering looks pretty dang good for the $$$.

|

1/29/2015 6:50 AM

I bought a 2014 Vitus Nucleus 260, package was a bit cramped, but everything survived the journey. Not too sure if I understand the ordering parts but no frames bit though.

|